Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    Done. (Note: I will be logging off soon for about 1-2 months. Have to go to another state to help my very old parents who don't have a computer. Will check in when I can. Good Luck everyone.)
    You can also skip over to the library and use their computers..!
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    If this is what you get with a Democrat controlled U.S. Congress, just imagine what we'll get with a Democrat controlled Congress AND Hussein..!

H.R. 6020, which would grant amnesty to the illegal-alien spouses, children, brothers, sisters and parents of all 23 million U.S. military veterans.
    No amnesty, no exceptions..!!

Please, EVERYONE rush over to www.NumbersUSA.com and send the FREE faxes AND make the requested calls..!! I stopped in at NumbersUSA last night and had 6 faxes ready to go..!
    I haven’t YET, but I will later tonight..!!
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

working4change
    Does anyone have any info on where these bills are in the House?

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... -unus.html

House Judiciary Com. Again Postpones Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills

Updated Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:30 AM

While the House Judiciary Committee did not take up two foreign-worker bills yesterday because of time restrictions, they remain an active threat. The bills are: H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards; and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). Please contact your U.S. Representative through the Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask him/her to do everything possible to stop the passage of these bills, which could come up for a vote again next week.
    Action During Yesterday's Committee Markup

The Committee passed H.R. 6020 by a 17-12 margin despite Republican efforts to stall it in the amendment process. Prior to passage, Members amended the bill to remove language that would have allowed illegal aliens to apply for amnesty despite having committed certain criminal offenses.

The following is a tentative breakdown on how Members voted:

Yes: Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.), Chris Cannon (R-Utah), Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), John Conyers (D-Mich.), Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-Texas), Hank Johnson (D-Ga.), Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), Robert Scott (D-Va.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), and Melvin L. Watt (D-N.C.).

No: Steve Chabot (R-Ohio), Howard Coble (R-N.C.), J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.), Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.), Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Ric Keller (R-Fla.), Steve King (R-Iowa), Dan Lungren (R-Calif.), and Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas).

At one point during debate yesterday, Rep. Issa said "This is inherently wrong-minded and overreaching. It's written without any real eye for honorable military service. We are here today going so far in the wrong direction. It says if you slip into military service you can get amnesty for your family.â€

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by millere
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... -unus.html

House Judiciary Com. Again Postpones Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills

Updated Thursday, September 18, 2008, 10:30 AM

While the House Judiciary Committee did not take up two foreign-worker bills yesterday because of time restrictions, they remain an active threat. The bills are: H.R. 5882, which would add an additional 550,000 permanent green cards; and H.R. 5924, which would add 20,000 additional foreign nurses per year for three years (plus their families). Please contact your U.S. Representative through the Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121) and ask him/her to do everything possible to stop the passage of these bills, which could come up for a vote again next week.
    Action During Yesterday's Committee Markup

The Committee passed H.R. 6020 by a 17-12 margin despite Republican efforts to stall it in the amendment process. Prior to passage, Members amended the bill to remove language that would have allowed illegal aliens to apply for amnesty despite having committed certain criminal offenses.

The following is a tentative breakdown on how Members voted:

Yes: Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.), Chris Cannon (R-Utah), Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), John Conyers (D-Mich.), Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-Texas), Hank Johnson (D-Ga.), Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), Robert Scott (D-Va.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), and Melvin L. Watt (D-N.C.).

No: Steve Chabot (R-Ohio), Howard Coble (R-N.C.), J. Randy Forbes (R-Va.), Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.), Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Ric Keller (R-Fla.), Steve King (R-Iowa), Dan Lungren (R-Calif.), and Lamar S. Smith (R-Texas).

At one point during debate yesterday, Rep. Issa said "This is inherently wrong-minded and overreaching. It's written without any real eye for honorable military service. We are here today going so far in the wrong direction. It says if you slip into military service you can get amnesty for your family.â€

Called, emailed and faxed the Criminals.

Please help out if you can, it only takes 5 minutes to do it all.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by Chexfive

I have been faxing and calling today and will begin again tomorrow. Also don't forget to fax and call the Senate on E-verify.

Way Too Funny ... I Call ... I Fax ... I make myself a Thorn in their side and still no response .... But , then again .... " Why Is " That White Blacked Out Windowed Van" ... Sitting outside my apartment? I'm sooooooooo SUPRISED I don't have Secret Service on MY rear end everyday for all the Faxes and Emails I send to everyone ... But then again ... I'm only a small "VETERAN COG" in the wheels of " THE BIG MACHINE " ... In society ... " I LIKE IT !!!

Time for ME to " PUMP UP THE VOLUME ... " ... " GET SO SEXY FOR THE MAN... MAN ... MAN !!! " " TO BE ALL THAT I CAN BE ... BE ... BE ... " ...

That's what I was trained to do ... It's time to " ROCK AND ROLL !!! "

Oh ... And By The Way ... I'm REALLY PISSED Today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chexfive

I have been faxing and calling today and will begin again tomorrow. Also don't forget to fax and call the Senate on E-verify.
    Thanks working I meant to put this on the board earlier and got distracted. Thanks a lot. Called and faxed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    The E-Verify program is set to expire on November 30, 2008. Congress will recess on September 26, unless they are called back for a special or lame duck session. If the Senate does not reauthorize E-Verify, it will discard 12 years of enforcement. Click here for Roy's update.

Ultimate responsibility lies with Senate Majority Leader Reid and Minority Leader McConnell. We are posting separate phone actions based on whether your Senator is a Democrat or a Republican. We need to put the pressure on Reid and McConnell both.

Please call your Democratic Senator and tell them to urge Majority Leader Reid to break the impasse and immediately bring the "clean" re-authorization bill (H.R. 6633) that the House passed last month up for a vote.

On August 1, 2008, Roy's blog detailed how Senator Menendez and Rep. Lofgren planned to add an additional 550,000 foreign workers next year, despite the growing rate of American unemployment. At the same time, Sen. Menendez has taken aim at the E-Verify system, which combats illegal immigration in the workplace. Late last week, several Republican staffers joined Sen. Menendez in his effort to increase foreign worker visas, apparently to satisfy the demands of special interest lobbyists prior to the election.

E-Verify allows employers to determine the legality of their new hires. The House recently passed a five-year reauthorization of E-Verify with no strings attached. Sen. Menendez has placed a hold on the E-Verify reauthorization bill in the Senate and refuses to release the hold until the Congress agrees to increase the number of work-based visas. Sen. Menendez would love to weaken E-Verify. It is up to us to make sure that the rest of the Senate does not give in to his demands.

****Please continue to call and fax on the E-Verify being held hostage by Sen Menendez in Senate and also call and fax the House on the 2 visas bills. Don't miss the opportunity to speak out on these issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast