Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumberUSA update Wed. 10:41 am -keep checking site -help!

Some big names in this list coming to America's and E-Verify's aid.

Update
    Grassley, Other Senators Call for Passage of E-Verify Reauthorization Bill

Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 10:41 AM

Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) yesterday led a group of Senators in asking Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to ensure passage of legislation to reauthorize E-Verify before the program expires in November. In a related press release, Sen. Grassley noted "Congress is running out of time to reauthorize and even enhance E-Verify. If this program expires, it gives employers even greater opportunity to hire illegal aliens…It's time for the Majority Leader to act and ensure this tool is available for employers who want to do their part to comply with the law."

Sen. Grassley and 12 other Senators -- Kyl, Specter, Isakson, Vitter, Chambliss, DeMint, Sessions, Inhofe, Ensign, Coburn, Graham, and Allard – sent a letter to Majority Leader Reid noting that nearly 80,000 employers use E-Verify now and more than 1,000 employers voluntarily sign up for the program each week. The letter notes that businesses using the program need to know Congress will not let it die, and that extending the program will keep employers accountable while giving them the tools needed to abide by the law in their hiring practices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are members of the Senate Border Security Caucus.

Godspeed,

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perhaps we need to start contacting the Senate the minute that the House actually passes the E-verify with no strings attached.

working4change
    I believe we need to be ready for the Senate battle also!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Perhaps we need to start contacting the Senate the minute that the House actually passes the E-verify with no strings attached.
    I like that idea too.
    I'm sure Roy Beck, W and others will keep us informed.

I'm glad to know we have some Americans in the US Senate.

What should we do with the others? I think ... "attrition" is the operative word here, so Vote 'Em Out, America, 1/3 this November.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK I need clarification. Did they actually pass it last night or did they take the language out, add two years to take it to the floor for discussion?

I just read Roy Becks blog. Apparently it hasn't been voted on in the House yet. It has been negotiated and agreed to behind doors. So until I see that it has finally passed without strings attached I'll wait to celebrate.