Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NV Candidate Endorsements

I see ALIPAC is endorsing Dean Heller, which is good. How does ALIPAC feel about Sue Lowden for US Senate against Harry Reid? She leads him in the polls currently.

She appears to be on our side based on this from her website:

Protecting Our Borders

My grandparents emigrated to the United States of America from Lithuania. They were seeking — as so many people continue to do — a better life for themselves and their children. They arrived at Ellis Island and became legal citizens, learned English and went to work at the coalmines of western Pennsylvania. They would later move to Camden, New Jersey, taking up employment at the shipyards. While I am proud of my personal story, I realize nearly every other American has their own unique story of hope, opportunity and the drive we share — which brought our ancestors here — in seeking a better life for our families.

We are a nation of immigrants but securing our borders is a fundamental responsibility of our federal government and should be seen as the important national security issue it is. The free flow of commerce across our borders is vital to our economy and must be considered but protecting our nation from potential terrorists crossing our borders undetected must be prioritized. It never ceases to amaze me how the federal government can create and enforce laws on issues well outside what has been outlined in the U.S. Constitution but fail to make securing our borders a priority – or simply choose not to enforce laws already on the books.

My border security and immigration policy is really quite simple and it begins by not supporting amnesty, but rather enforcing current, federal laws even if that means building an electronic or physical fence. I believe to stem the flow of illegal immigration, we must secure our borders. We have many tools at our disposal, between advanced technologies that help us track movement along the border, as well as increased numbers of border patrol agents, that when properly and adequately deployed, will help us stop the flow of illegal immigrants, as well as those who traffic drugs, people or weapons.

As we better secure our borders, we also must continue to penalize businesses that knowingly and willingly hire illegal immigrants. We have existing technologies and systems in place today that help us determine whether candidates for jobs within American businesses are in our country legally. Again, this is an issue of enforcement.

Finally, our immigration systems must be modernized and reformed so we can allow legal immigration to take place effectively and efficiently. It is unfortunate that thousands of people who seek the privilege of becoming an American citizen have to wait seven to ten or even more years to become part of the American dream. Far worse is when politicians advance policies that would reward people who try to cheat the system, cut in line and enter our nation illegally on the hopes that we at some point will provide them amnesty.

As a U.S. Senator, I will fight to enforce current immigration laws and support efforts to secure our borders and seaports. I will work to modernize inefficiencies within the Department of Homeland Security so that we can reward people who follow our laws, learn English and enter our workforce with what I believe to be one of the greatest treasures on earth — being American citizen with all the rights and privileges afforded under our U.S. Constitution.

http://www.suelowden.com/index.php/neva ... r-borders/
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

so far...I like her....and I already have a "DUMP HARRY REID " sticker on my car

Going to Searchlight on the 27th
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)