Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

NYC mom admits to voodoo fire that burned daughter

MAY 18, 2011, 9:10 P.M. ET.

NYC mom admits to voodoo fire that burned daughter

8 Comments
    Associated Press

NEW YORK — Prosecutors say a New York City woman admitted setting fire to her young daughter during a voodoo ritual by pouring flammable liquid on the girl's head and igniting it, scarring her body.

Marie Lauradin (lah-hahr-DAHN') pleaded guilty Wednesday to first-degree assault by pouring the liquid on her then-6-year-old daughter at their Queens home in 2009.

Prosecutors say Lauradin poured the accelerant on her daughter's head and in a circle on the floor as part of a voodoo practice involving a loa, or spirit.

Prosecutors say the judge indicated he would sentence her to 17 years in prison. She also faces possible deportation back to her native Haiti.

Defense attorney Jeff Cohen says his client admitted that her actions were reckless, but he would not comment on her motives.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP3b90d62 ... f3470.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What kind of god would demand such a thing? She's really worshipping demons!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    What kind of god would demand such a thing? She's really worshipping demons!!!!

Not my God. The Bible warns against witchcraft (voodoo) etc. for a good reason. That poor child. This is just one more reason that it should be insisted that all immigrants learn to accept our culture or get out!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Forest, I KNOW! My God is the God of the Bible and He never required this!!!

I respect others religion (Christianity included) even if i don't understand it. I did a little research on voodoo but never heard of something this extreme.