Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oath for citizenship

How many illegal immigrants know that this is the oath they have to take to become a citizen?? Would they become US Citizens if they knew they had to "renounce and abjure all allegiance" to Mexico??

Form of oath. Except as otherwise provided in the Act and after receiving notice from the district director that such applicant is eligible for naturalization pursuant to Sec.335.3 of this chapter, an applicant for naturalization shall, before being admitted to citizenship, take in a public ceremony held within the United States the following oath of allegiance, to a copy of which the applicant shall affix his or her signature:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

(b) Alteration of form of oath; affirmation in lieu of oath. In those cases in which a petitioner or applicant for naturalization is exempt from taking the oath prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section in its entirety, the inapplicable clauses shall be deleted and the oath shall be taken in such altered form. When a petitioner or applicant for naturalization, by reason of religious training and belief (or individual interpretation thereof), or for other reasons of good conscience, cannot take the oath prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section with the words "on oath" and "so help me God" included, the words "and solemnly affirm" shall be substituted for the words "on oath," the words "so help me God" shall be deleted, and the oath shall be taken in such modified form. Any reference to "oath of allegiance" in this chapter is understood to mean equally "affirmation of allegiance" as described in this paragraph.

(c) Obligations of oath. A petitioner or applicant for naturalization shall, before being naturalized, establish that it is his or her intention, in good faith, to assume and discharge the obligations of the oath of allegiance, and that his or her attitude toward the Constitution and laws of the United States renders him or her capable of fulfilling the obligations of such oath.

(d) Renunciation of title or order of nobility. A petitioner or applicant for naturalization who has borne any hereditary title or has been of any of the orders of nobility in any foreign state shall, in addition to taking the oath of allegiance prescribed in paragraph (a) of this section, make under oath or affirmation in public an express renunciation of such title or order of nobility, in the following form:

(1) I further renounce the title of (give title or titles) which I have heretofore held; or

(2) I further renounce the order of nobility (give the order of nobility) to which I have heretofore belonged.

[22 FR 9824, Dec. 6, 1957, as amended at 24 FR 2584, Apr. 3, 1959; 32 FR 13756, Oct. 3, 1967]

Go to the Next Page >>>

Relax.......

The fact that most have paid the $500 and have learned enough English means they want to be citizens OK?

I don't like ILLEGAL immigration for the costs involved and what it is doing but I do respect the fact that so many are willing to die to get here.

When you see Mexicans waving Mexican flags you can look at it two ways.....arrogance, which I don't like, or their ignorance meaning lack of education.

One Hispanic immigrant wrote in a forum in Spanish to a Mexican immigrant "..if you are so proud to be Mexican why don't you return to Mexico.......

My point is that most who go that far to take the oath want to be here. What makes me angry are these immigrants legal who have been here 20 years and can be citizenes but are too lazy to get the forms and fill them out...

The fact that most have paid the $500 and have learned enough English means they want to be citizens OK?
    You are correct, but those immigrants have gone thru the legal channels to gain US Citizenship.

I should have been more specific. Of the 10 million illegal hispanic immigrants, how many would be willing to take that oath.

What makes all you guys think that legal immigrants arent waving Mexican flags as well?

What makes all you guys think that legal immigrants arent waving Mexican flags as well?
    Too become legal citizens you have to take the oath, which in part says "that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic". If they are no longer willing to "support and defend" then out they go, by taking the oath you renounce your ties with the country you immigrated from.

But that dosent instantly mean that they will stop supporting the mother country, for example I know legal immigrants who support illegal immigration or who run around waving Mexican flags.

Chris, I see that all the time where I live. Oneday during the school year we couldn't believe our eyes. These people drove up to the school to drop their kids off in a pick up truck, with a HUGE Mexican flag standing and waving away in the back of the pick up truck. This occurred in Florida! Ironically it happened the first week of the Minuteman Project.
    It seemed to be a response to the Minute Man Project. (I mean this flag was huge).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But that dosent instantly mean that they will stop supporting the mother country, for example I know legal immigrants who support illegal immigration or who run around waving Mexican flags.
    Then they have broken their oath to "support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic" and subject to jail for aiding and abetting illegals and deportation.

I am just trying to provide another tool for us to use against the illegal supporters.

In realty, no one will enforce the law required to prosecute and deport them.

Good efforts for a great posting, Spidy. The government turns its head from enforcing the oath because they want to do away with us as a work force because we represent a higher wage. So they will do what it takes to accomplish this, even if it means looking out for the illegals and not the citizens of this country. Complete abandoning of the middle class standard of living by the elite, who have been pissed off at the working class since we lost in VietNam. Problem is they are to arrogant to admit that we shouldn't have been there in the first place. We protested that war, managed to oust a president and came home after loosing to the northern half of that country. So, in revenge, the elite must have taken an attitude that we, the middle class, aren't going to enjoy the prosperity that lies ahead. From that point, they have been outsourcing, downsizing and everything else that fills their pockets rather than spreading the weatlth. All they care to pay for is their war machine that will protect their precious corportations. You and I are no longer important to them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Rockfish.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast