Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Asks Supreme Court To Ax Ariz. Employer Sanction Law

From Judicial Watch

Obama Asks Supreme Court To Ax Ariz. Employer Sanction Law

* View
    * Discussion

Last Updated: Tue, 06/01/2010 - 11:11am

The Obama Administration has asked the Supreme Court to prohibit Arizona from enforcing a two-year-old measure—signed into law by former Governor Janet Napolitano—punishing businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

Ironically, President Obama’s Homeland Security Secretary ardently supported the law when she signed it in 2007 though she refuses to comment on her boss’s campaign to eliminate it. Considered the nation’s toughest measure against businesses that hire illegal aliens, the Legal Arizona Workers Act requires employers to verify that employees are authorized to work in the U.S. Those caught hiring illegal workers are severely punished and can have their license revoked.

Legally challenged by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other business groups, the law has been repeatedly upheld by lower courts. Last week the Obama Administration urged the Supreme Court to toss out those rulings by preventing Arizona from enforcing the measure because federal immigration law expressly preempts any state law imposing sanctions on employers hiring illegal immigrants.

The Arizona law disrupts "a careful balance that Congress struck nearly 25 years ago between two interests of the highest importance: ensuring that employers do not undermine enforcement of immigration laws by hiring unauthorized workers, while also ensuring that employers not discriminate against racial and ethnic minorities legally in the country," according to a brief filed by the administration.

The reality is however, that virtually no employers have been punished even though Arizona is estimated to have hundreds of thousands of illegal workers. A chunk of the money (about $5 million) allocated by the legislature for enforcement remains unspent in municipalities throughout the state and many county prosecutors complain that the law is virtually impossible to enforce because it doesn’t give local authorities charged with pursuing violators civil subpoena power to examine personnel records that could prove illegal aliens were knowingly hired.

Regardless, the law has achieved part of its goal because scores of illegal immigrants have fled to other states in the last few years or back to their Latin American homelands, according to a Texas newspaper report that says many have relocated in the Lone Star State. Parents have pulled their kids out of public schools, construction workers have abandoned their jobs and families have hastily moved out of apartments.

The Obama Administration is also preparing to fight another Arizona law—scheduled to take effect July 29—that makes it a state crime to be in the U.S. without proper documentation. The measure (SB1070) also bans “sanctuary cityâ€

If the supreme court is to decide this, then I believe justice sotomayer needds to be recused, as a tribal leader in la raza, she cannot be objective

Obama claims it’s unconstitutional and racist.

I hate this man. I hate his arrogant, condescending, narcisistic looks and treatment of America and the American people. I can't stand to see his stinking face or to hear him speak on tv and the way he saunters around like he's so cool. I always turn the channel immediately.

He hates this country. He is a closet muslim as far as I am concerned and is determined to keep working to destroy the American way of life. I would love nothing more than to see him locked up in prison along with all his elite, power hungry co-conspirators and criminals. He would get what he deserves!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

The Arizona law disrupts "a careful balance that Congress struck nearly 25 years ago between two interests of the highest importance: ensuring that employers do not undermine enforcement of immigration laws by hiring unauthorized workers, while also ensuring that employers not discriminate against racial and ethnic minorities legally in the country," according to a brief filed by the administration.

How in the world would enforcing US immigration law against illegal aliens discriminate against "racial and ethnic minorities legally in the country"?! We have other laws that protect "racial and ethnic minorities legally in the country", called civil rights laws, affirmative action, the 14th Amendment, the US Civil Rights Acts of 1866 and 1864. The fact is, failing to enforce US immigration law, breaches the civil rights of "racial and ethnic minorities legally in the country". When you see an all illegal alien Hispanic crew on a construction site, know and believe they are foreign Caucasians violating the civil rights of any and every person in the US legally.

Our government is willing to violate its constitutional duties to US citizens and legal permanent residents to protect illegal aliens at their our expense.

I hope the US Supreme Court understands the difference between the rights, immunities and privileges of US citizens and invited guests and illegal aliens invading and bankrupting our nation. I hope it understands that civil rights means equal rights which means you don't get a free pass because of your ethnicity if you've broken the law.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    For a president that is black this is a strange stance. African-Americans are being nailed by legal and illegal Hispanics. They get pushed out of their neighborhoods. Low paying jobs are going to legal and illegal Hispanics. African-American kids are barely getting an education in our system as it is and they get pushed to the side for any immigrant that enrolls in school. They get taught in Spanish. They are having a problem with English but we feel more inclined to make sure the immigrants get an education. Years ago I read a Wall Street Journal article that said we spend approximately 40% more to educate an immigrant. Combine that with it being virtually impossible to not move a child to the next grade because they didn't learn anything and you get the mess that is coming our of our educational system. When I lived outside of Phoenix I met no less than four teachers that literally lost their jobs because they refused to pass a child that hadn't learned.