Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama details Immigration plan in White House webpage.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/immigration/

IMMIGRATION
    "The time to fix our broken immigration system is now… We need stronger enforcement on the border and at the workplace… But for reform to work, we also must respond to what pulls people to America… Where we can reunite families, we should. Where we can bring in more foreign-born workers with the skills our economy needs, we should."
    -- Barack Obama, Statement on U.S. Senate Floor
    May 23, 2007

For too long, politicians in Washington have exploited the immigration issue to divide the nation rather than find real solutions. Our broken immigration system can only be fixed by putting politics aside and offering a complete solution that secures our border, enforces our laws, and reaffirms our heritage as a nation of immigrants.

Create Secure Borders: Protect the integrity of our borders. Support additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

Improve Our Immigration System: Fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

Remove Incentives to Enter Illegally: Remove incentives to enter the country illegally by cracking down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

Bring People Out of the Shadows: Support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

Work with Mexico: Promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration.

MW
    May 23, 2007
    A lot has changed since he made the statement. Talks cheap - and Lord knows Obama is a talker. Unfortunately, I have every confidence that Obama will reverse some of our recent gains in the war against illegal immigration.

Maybe I have a little 'Chicken Little' (the sky is falling) mentality.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    May 23, 2007
    A lot has changed since he made the statement. Talks cheap - and Lord knows Obama is a talker. Unfortunately, I have every confidence that Obama will reverse some of our recent gains in the war against illegal immigration.
    It all depends on the economy and the public opinion regarding giving amnesty to illegals during a recession/depression.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    and the corruption continues ... the New Boss looks and Sounds just like the Old Boss
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Improve Our Immigration System: Fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.
    Hey, Obama! You couldn't increse the numbers enough to satisfy these people. And besides, this is the same crap that Congress has been trying to shove down our throats. You want to make this work? Secure the border, enforce the law, and how about having those people who want to be united with their familes do it in their own countries. The fence swings both ways, and south is better.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    LawEnforcer wrote:

It all depends on the economy and the public opinion regarding giving amnesty to illegals during a recession/depression.
    You're right, there is no doubt that the economy and public opinion will have an influence. However, deep down Obama is still an amnesty supporter with goals and aspirations (regarding illegal immigrants) that do not coincide with ours.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    May 23, 2007
    With an "economic advisor" like Anna Burger (SEIU) it may depend upon a few other things, too.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Same plan as the old boss. CFR all the way.

Tell the public what they want to hear about border security and cracking down on employers, then legalize millions of illegals and destroy all other enforcement effort chances for success.

W

Banned
    I will skeptically await the first move on illegal immigration from the new administration .
    All I Do know is we Better be Ready .

God I wish I could be optimistic .
    But them Dem's on the Hill , they scare the Hell out of me .
    Like a bunch of three year olds .

They know nothing of our world , the Real World . Our Country .
    Clueless in my Opinion .

April
    Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    I will skeptically await the first move on illegal immigration from the new administration .
    All I Do know is we Better be Ready .

God I wish I could be optimistic .
    But them Dem's on the Hill , they scare the Hell out of me .
    Like a bunch of three year olds .

They know nothing of our world , the Real World . Our Country .
    Clueless in my Opinion .
    Clueless and they could less about knowing our world, the real world. That is the true tradgedy of it all. Hope for the best, expect the worst. It is going to be a real bumpy ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast