Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama earmarks 1 million for wife's hospital

Obama's Earmarks: $1 Million for Wife's Hospital

Friday, March 14, 2008 8:47 AM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama has released a list of $740 million in earmark requests he made in the past three years, and it includes $1 million for the hospital where his wife Michelle is a vice president.

The request for $1 million for the University of Chicago Medical Center was to help pay for construction of a new pavilion.

“I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that Michelle Obama was not part of our lobbying over the request, not in any way,â€

Yep, sure sounds like change to me............lots of cha-ching change.

"She's terrific," added Michael Riordan, who was president of the hospital in March 2005, when Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs and had her annual salary increased from $121,910 to $316,962.
    Incredible! Hospitals are screaming poverty and they can afford to almost triple her old salary?!?!?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    "She's terrific," added Michael Riordan, who was president of the hospital in March 2005, when Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs and had her annual salary increased from $121,910 to $316,962.
    Incredible! Hospitals are screaming poverty and they can afford to almost triple her old salary?!?!?!
    Ain't that the truth Miguelina! She gets -notice I didn't say makes, $26,000 a MONTH!!!! She gets more in a month than a person being paid $10hr makes in a whole year -why is she so bitter then I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Ain't that the truth Miguelina! She gets -notice I didn't say makes, $26,000 a MONTH!!!! She gets more in a month than a person being paid $10hr makes in a whole year -why is she so bitter then I wonder.
    Good point! For the FIRST time she is proud of her country. Gee I guess an african-american woman getting 121,910 a year was an affront to her. I'll take it. Give it to me or my kids. What arrogance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now that is not a self-serving earmark, is it?????

I guess he wants to make sure they can pay her if she goes back to work. Or they will hire a friend of his...

This special self interest crap should be illegal.

If you got a promotion to VP wouldn't you expect a larger salary? I'm sure there are other VP's and board members who make twice what Michelle is making. Let's not pretend that she is the only one with a 6 figure salary. She is only one of several well paid VP's in hospitals all over America, despite the mess they are in.

Michelle Obama is a graduate of Princeton and also has a law degree from Harvard. I'm sure she could make millions of dollars in the corporate arena if that were her choice. It's a little ridiculous of you all acting as if she barely got her GED.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    If you got a promotion to VP wouldn't you expect a larger salary? I'm sure there are other VP's and board members who make twice what Michelle is making. Let's not pretend that she is the only one with a 6 figure salary. She is only one of several well paid VP's in hospitals all over America, despite the mess they are in.

Michelle Obama is a graduate of Princeton and also has a law degree from Harvard. I'm sure she could make millions of dollars in the corporate arena if that were her choice. It's a little ridiculous of you all acting as if she barely got her GED.
    Oh please, when was the last time YOUR salary was nearly tripled?

Alot of hospitals are now corporate owned, so how come they're still having problems?
    "

[quote]“I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that Michelle Obama was not part of our lobbying over the request, not in any way,â€

Shoot Man she lives with the guy how can you say she had no part in this ... Give me a break ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast