Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Priority Is To Remake America

Obama Priority Is To Remake America
    By Floyd and Mary Beth Brown
    November 22, 2008

Early personnel appointments show that President-elect Barack Obama's policy team is more interested in remaking America's social policy than changing foreign policy or improving the ethical standard in our nation's capital.

Obama's policy teams appear comfortable keeping the Bush foreign policy intact, but the President-elect is hiring people who are committed to remaking domestic policy by vastly expanding the scope of federal power.

As a case in point, Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle as Obama's choice for Secretary of Health and Human Services is very telling. Obama strategists wanted a legislative veteran in this job because they are planning an almost immediate push for socialized medicine. Expect early-on maneuvers supporting universal-coverage mandates for business and new healthcare entitlements for lower-income Americans.

According to the Washington Blade, D.C.'s gay newspaper: "Officials with President-elect Barack Obama's transition team this week named at least seven openly gay people to transition panels assigned to review federal departments and agencies. Three of the seven gays named to the transition panels -- businessman Fred P. Hochberg, former San Francisco Supervisor Roberta Achtenberg, and labor attorney Elaine Kaplan -- held high-level positions in the Clinton administration." They are all proponents of a major push for federal legislation and regulations to vastly expand the rights of gay couples.

Another priority for Obama is abortion. "The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)," Sen. Barack Obama told the Planned Parenthood Action fund on July 17, 2007. "That's the first thing that I'd do."

This radical piece of pro-abortion legislation invalidates any "statute, ordinance, regulation, administrative order, decision, policy, practice, or other action" of any federal, state, or local government or governmental official (or any person acting under government authority) that would "deny or interfere with a woman's right to choose" abortion, or that would "discriminate against the exercise of the right . . . in the regulation or provision of benefits, facilities, services, or information." The FOCA legislation would establish, in Sen. Barbara Boxer's words, "the absolute right to choose" prior to fetal "viability."

And ironically, Barack Obama's campaign was propelled to victory with a message about remaking America's policy toward the war in Iraq and the world. He was able to win early primary contests against Sen. Hillary Clinton specifically because of her support for the invasion of Iraq. Now as he assembles a foreign policy team he is choosing defense hawks, including Sen. Clinton, who supported the war. She is the leading candidate for Secretary of State.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that anti-war activists are upset: "Obama ran his campaign around the idea the war was not legitimate, but it sends a very different message when you bring in people who supported the war from the beginning," said Kelly Dougherty, executive director of the 54-chapter Iraq Veterans Against the War.

In addition to Sen. Clinton, other hawks who are being promoted for key positions include Republican Sen. Richard Lugar and Bush's current Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

His choice for White House Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, is known in Congress as a defender of Israel and is unlikely to support any changes in America's policy toward the Mideast and the Jewish state.

And mind you, don't expect a higher standard of ethics from Obama acolytes.

Emanuel carries baggage because he was a member of the board of directors for the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, the controversial "Freddie Mac". This plum position was payback for his loyal support of President Clinton. Emanuel made millions from Wall Street investment banking before he moved on to the U.S. Congress in 2002. Freddie Mac was plagued with an accounting scandal during the Emanuel tenure. The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) later accused the board on which he served of having "failed in its duty to follow up on matters brought to its attention."

Similarly, former Judge Eric Holder, tapped for Attorney General by Obama, was instrumental in arranging the pardon of notorious felon Marc Rich. According to The Washington Post, he has a "blot" on his record: "Mr. Holder was No. 2 at the Justice Department when President Bill Clinton pardoned fugitive financier Marc Rich, whose ex-wife was a major Clinton contributor. Although Mr. Holder oversaw the lawyers responsible for evaluating pardon requests, he did not insist that his department formally evaluate the legal merits of the claim after Mr. Rich applied directly to the White House for his pardon."

Based on early personnel choices, it looks like a President Obama will keep the Bush foreign policy, turn to Washington insiders despite their checkered pasts, and push ahead with a radical social agenda that was largely off the radar during the campaign.

---

©2008 Floyd and Mary Beth Brown. The Browns are bestselling authors and speakers. Together they write a national weekly column distributed exclusively by Cagle Cartoons newspaper syndicate. For more info call Cari Dawson Bartley at 800 696 7561 or e-mail cari@cagle.com.
    http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/guest/ ... 1221.shtml

Ready or not America, hold out your hands, here is your "change."

The brain-less, lily-livered, yellow spined, liberal asks, 'Brother can you spare a dime?' Nobama's reply, 'Sure, would you take two wooden nickles?'

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Ready or not America, hold out your hands, here is your "change."

The brain-less, lily-livered, yellow spined, liberal asks, 'Brother can you spare a dime?' Nobama's reply, 'Sure, would you take two wooden nickles?'

Even sadder is the fact that they'd all accept the two wooden nickles.........alms from their messiah, you know.

And if obama gave it to them it HAS to turn into gold. "the one" wouldn't hand them a bunch of worthless BS, now would he?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

America is about to do what I had to when I went through my divorce. Grab your ankles and assume the position.

The only change Americans are going to see in an Obama admistration is the change in their pocket if they are lucky...and don't need to eat.

Spread the word.....if you watch for a sale you can still by Top Ramen for 10 cents a package.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

azwreath wrote,

Even sadder is the fact that they'd all accept the two wooden nickles.........alms from their messiah, you know.

And if obama gave it to them it HAS to turn into gold. "the one" wouldn't hand them a bunch of worthless BS, now would he?
    Darn you azwreath, I started to laugh, then I started to cry. Now you got me all emotional. When I get emotional, I get confused.

Perhaps I should stand in line and get my wooden nickles just in case they do turn into gold.

Perhaps we all should......maybe they will No just my luck they will have termites.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    azwreath wrote,

Darn you azwreath, I started to laugh, then I started to cry. Now you got me all emotional. When I get emotional, I get confused.

Perhaps I should stand in line and get my wooden nickles just in case they do turn into gold.

Welcome to my world Roundabout.....emotional and confused. I blame it on my hormones
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Termites and hormones! ROTFLMBO!

Can you tell our gender??? we tend to get alittle emotional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast