Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama to Reporter: Let Me Finish my Answers Next Time

Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time
    07:48 AM

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

President Obama has troubles with voters in Texas, and, apparently, with interviewers from the Lone Star State as well.

"Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?" Obama told reporter Brad Watson after an interview with WFAA-TV of Dallas, one of four interviews with local television stations at the White House on Monday.

The exchange is toward the end of the video.

At one point, Watson asked the president: "Why do you think you're so unpopular in Texas?"

After some jousting about the size of his loss in Texas in 2008 -- the president said it was "a few percentage points," but it was more like 11 -- Obama told his interviewer: "If what you're telling me is that Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right."

Obama also fired back at criticism from conservative Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

"Gov. Perry helped balance his budget with about $6 billion worth of federal help -- which he happily took -- and then started blaming the members of Congress who had offered that help," Obama said.

Obama also bristled at claims that his administration skipped Houston in the award of space shuttle orbiters and favored states that could help his re-election.

"That's wrong," the president stated. "That had nothing to do with it; the White House had nothing to do with it."

When Watson persisted, Obama said, "I just said that was wrong," and, later, "I just said that wasn't true."

Obama also spoke Monday with television interviewers from Denver, Indianapolis, and Raleigh, N.C.

On another issue of interest to Texas -- immigration -- Obama said he still has high hopes for congressional legislation reforming the system.

"The question is going to be, are we going to be able to find some Republicans who can partner with me and others to get this done once and for all instead of using it as a political football?," Obama said.

As for re-election, Obama said he isn't giving up on winning Texas.

"I never write off any states," Obama said. "I love Texas."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... xt-time-/1

Is Obama Messing With Texas?
    By JEFF ZELENY

President Obama’s political advisers often talk about how population shifts in the country could create new electoral battlegrounds, pointing specifically to Arizona, Georgia and Texas.

There are several signs that aides to the president have Texas on their minds. Jim Messina, the manager of Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign, toured three Texas cities last month during his coast-to-coast listening tour. And the president is eying Texas for a fund-raising visit this spring.

But at the White House on Monday, the president seemed to display a bit of confusion about his standing in Texas when he sat down for an interview with a Dallas television reporter.

“We lost by a few percentage points in Texas,â€

He loves Texas just like he loves Las Vegas....in fact I would say he Loves America so much he is out to destroy her!!!!

Kathyet

I would like to say to Obama "Don't Mess With Texas" but in this case it would be more appropriate to say to Obama "Stay Out of Texas!"
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

OReilly is going to be talking about this tonite

As for re-election, Obama said he isn't giving up on winning Texas.

"I never write off any states," Obama said. "I love Texas."
    Really...like you loved Arizona! We don't need your "love" obummer!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama, if you think Texas was a RED state in 2010 wait until you see how RED it will be in 2012. Texans are fed up with Obama.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    this thing has 1300 replies already.

Nobody interrupts POTUS
    The outburst heard 'round the world
    By ABBY PHILLIP | 04/19/11 1:10 PM Updated: 04/20/11 6:43 PM

The outburst heard 'round the world

When the even-keeled and cool President Obama gets prickly in public, it never goes unnoticed.

For Obama, who has carefully cultivated a reputation of easily managing confrontations with people who disagree with him, these moments are as rare as they are revealing of the person behind the presidency.

So it’s no surprise that Washington took notice when after a tense interview with a Texas TV reporter on Monday, Obama unclipped his microphone with no smile in sight, and tersely warned, “Let me finish my answers next time we do an interview, all right?â€