Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort; more than 75 rooms booked for staff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort; more than 75 rooms booked for staff

Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort; more than 75 rooms booked for staff

BY PAUL BEDARD | JULY 29, 2013 AT 12:40 PM

The Massachusetts island of Martha's Vineyard, the exclusive playground for presidents and their families, is about to get its annual summer infusion of cash and attention as President Obama and his family prepare to arrive August 10 for an eight-day vacation.

Local reports indicate that the first family will likely be staying at a $7.6 million resort home on southern edge of the island in the town of Chilmark where homes feature water access to Chilmark Pond, tennis courts and swimming pools.

Staying at the home of Chicago corporate finance manager David Schulte is a break from past Obama vacations because the $21 million home they've rented, Blue Heron Farm, isn't available. Schulte's summer home sits on nine and a half acres, has ocean views and a basketball court.

It was renovated 10 years ago by Rick Sundberg/Olson Kundig Architects, which is bragging about the Obama visit on the company's website.

While the president typically keeps to himself and carries with him only a handful of staffers to Martha's Vineyard, security will be tight. As in the past, the Wesley Hotel in Oak Bluffs will house security and communications officials. The owner told the Vineyard Gazette that the Secret Service has booked 70 rooms and another five have been reserved for the Transportation Security Agency. Rates at the hotel run from $225-$345.

Also, telephone and communications lines are being installed on the island for the president's use.

It's unclear why the president is returning home on the 18th, though the school where his daughters attend, Sidwell Friends, said that is when practice for winter sports begins. Both Malia and Sasha play basketball just like their dad.

Paul Bedard, The Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted atpbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2533598

I retired after working 43 years at jobs I hated. I sacrificed the most simple luxuries to save a modest amount of money to supplement my future inadequate Social Security. I do not like oatmeal but I ate it for breakfast every day (because it was cheap) except Sunday, when I had the time to give myself the luxury of pancakes. I made a huge pot of Chicken soup that I ate every day for dinner except for the luxury of hamburger on Saturday and Sunday. I never went on vacation. There is more.

Today the bank interest on my little savings account is a pathetic 1 tenth of one percent because the Fed Chairman Burnake is artificially pushing interest rates way down to help pay for the 16 trillion debt ran up by Bush but mostly by Obama. When I go to the grocery store I use coupons and buy generic (and inferior) brand foods because it is the best I can afford.

Now we see how the narcissistic street corner agitator and leftwing fanatic lives in luxury because the Presidency was given to him on a silver platter. A punk who never it made by hard work. Hell he barely spends 2 hours a day at being President. He lives in luxury that never earned, nor deserves. I live very poor after a lifetime of work. Tell me again how the Democrat Party is for the little man, tell me again how hard life is for illegal aliens who are collecting food stamps and their kids are being fed breakfast and lunches better than I usually had, from the taxes I paid over a life time. Tell me about social justice and being fair and redistribution of the wealth, redistribution from the "wealth" that I never had. Tell me how compassionate liberals are -- selfish me I forget.