Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama's Border Enforcement Deceit

Obama’s Border Enforcement Deceit

by Jim Robb

02/09/2010

In his State of the Union speech two weeks ago, President Obama claimed that he would strengthen border security. Oh really? I might not be as wise as Mr. Obama, but I’m not sure how removing $319 million in border security funding increases our nation’s security. Indeed, I’m pretty certain that decreasing our border security funding by nearly one-third of a billion dollars in one year will make the United States less secure.

While Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano enjoys boasting of how her agency is securing our nation’s border with Mexico, the truth of the matter is that it remains porous and inadequately defended. How do we know? We at NumbersUSA have many friends in the Border Patrol. We inspect the U.S.-Mexican border on fact-finding trips. We talk to the agents. The Border Patrol needs more resources, not less.

What good can come from downplaying the security of our southern border while terrorist, drug, and human trafficking continues to plague the border? Only one reason comes to mind: to make it easier to pass a massive amnesty for 12 – 20 million illegal aliens in 2010. I know, I know -- nobody can be so sick and twisted as to put the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans in jeopardy just to legalize 12 million illegal aliens. Unfortunately, it seems such individuals are running rampant in the Obama administration’s immigration policy division.

During the amnesty battle of 2007, the American people made their opinion loud and clear: “No amnesties for illegal aliens while our borders are unsecured!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duplicate locked. Please add comments to http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-187879.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)