Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I added my comments but they will probably be thrown out because they don't fit Obama's agenda. The good news is that the Dems. have a sinking economy on their plates and recognize that amnesty or anything that smells like it would be the end of their chances for a shot at a second term.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I would think that given Amnesty to the illigals is a top goal of the democrats because the "illigals" will likely vote 2/3rds democrat. So this is going to be a very hard fight ahead of us. The democrats see tens of millions of votes.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

I added my comments as well, although I don't expect them to even be read. As many of you, I frequently email my representatives on issues I'm concerned about. The only office to NEVER respond was Obama's.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

here is my take

Here is my take on OHB and immigration.

IF he allows any type of AMNESTY in this econimic condition we have now, the American public will rise up in uproar! Taking jobs away from Americans when unemployment is at it's highest in years makes really mad voters!

So, until he gets a handel on the economy immigration is on the back burner till late 2009 or 2011 it then.

Ken
    Ken Dreger

DJ
    Here is what I just said:

You need to make the poor CITIZENS of our own country a higher priority than helping illegal aliens have a pathway to citizenship. People are very angry that the "rights" of those who have entered the country illegally seem to be more considered than do the rights of citizens. The important order of things for me would be as follows:

1. Use e-Verify to ensure that employers are punished for hiring illegal aliens. Our CITIZENS need those jobs--especially in this climate of high unemployment.

2. Secure the border and ports. We need to stop the flow of drugs as well as possible terrorists that can compromise our safety.

3. Encourage cooperation between ICE and local police so we can get a handle on identity theft as well as the very real threat of gangs in our communities.

4. Discontinue the practice of chain migration. Overpopulation is a very real threat to our quality of life. We cannot continue to add more and more people--many of whom require social assistance, overburdening the taxpayers even more.

5. Change the practice of automatic citizenship in the case of both parents being in the country illegally. That will eliminate one of the incentives for coming to the US illegally.

6. Encourage English as our official language. We cannot have a cohesive culture without a shared language.

7. Do away with the possibility of duel citizenship. If a person wants to be a US citizen, he should denounce all other loyalties.

8. Make "sanctuary cities" illegal since that practice has encouraged gang members to flourish without fear. Our citizens need protection, and the sanctuary policiy protects the wrong people.

I didn't throw in everything (like no amnesty) because I wanted to go at it a differnt way. If they close the borders and punish the illegal employers, that ought to do a lot.

bump
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I put in my comments and I also believe the ones against illegal immigration will get tossed. What got me was today I received an email from that site wanting me to watch some lame video on his plans. Now I know they must not have read my comments, because I don't mix words and hammered him in every point I made. So it seems to me they are also building an email database using your email from the comment page. I clicked the link to "unsubscribe" and it gave a text box to say why. Needless to say, they got an ear full and were told not to send anymore spam containing liberal propoganda unless he puts his COLB out and deports illegal aliens.
    Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl
    I put in my comments and I also believe the ones against illegal immigration will get tossed. What got me was today I received an email from that site wanting me to watch some lame video on his plans. Now I know they must not have read my comments, because I don't mix words and hammered him in every point I made. So it seems to me they are also building an email database using your email from the comment page. I clicked the link to "unsubscribe" and it gave a text box to say why. Needless to say, they got an ear full and were told not to send anymore spam containing liberal propoganda unless he puts his COLB out and deports illegal aliens.
    I got that same spam.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12