Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Looks like Deja Vu....how many times are we going to keep doing the same things over and over???? So much for change huh!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

With both major parties wooing Hispanic voters and with a good economy giving political cover, the time is right for what would have seemed unthinkable only a few years ago: a legalization program for undocumented workers and their families in the United States.
    I am sure this guy realizes there is no economy giving political cover these days. This was the position under Clinton, and when Bushy got in, the economy was still hunky-dory and there were plenty of jobs "Americans won't do." Things have changed a lot and I am sure the Stanford prof. will probably figure that out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This whole situation is turning into a mess!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    This whole situation is turning into a mess!!!
    The decline and fall of a civilization isn't pretty.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Someone needs to post on this City Data forum. I don't feel like I know enough about Saxby to debate or post intelligently. What I'm reading there isn't good and the poll they have shows 59.44% are for Martin, 37.84 are for Chambliss and 2.70 for Buckley.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/ ... oll-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Someone needs to post on this City Data forum. I don't feel like I know enough about Saxby to debate or post intelligently. What I'm reading there isn't good and the poll they have shows 59.44% are for Martin, 37.84 are for Chambliss and 2.70 for Buckley.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/ ... oll-5.html
    That City Data polls looks like an unscientific online poll with few voters.

The latest Rasmussen poll shows Chambliss with a slim 4 point lead.

Regarding illegal immigration, Chambliss is firmly against amnesty and has a career grade of A from NumbersUSA. On the other hand, Martin supports "comprenhensive reform, legalization" (i.e. AMNESTY) as outlined on his website.

And if Chambliss loses, the liberal Democrats may get 60 seats in the Senate and it will be harder to stop the very liberal agenda of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama.

Thus, we need Sen. Chambliss to help fight amnesty and open borders, anti-American worker insanity. More info can be found on his website if you want to post on City Data.

www.saxby.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stanford professor leads Obama immigration team
    Tyche Hendricks, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, November 21, 2008

Stanford law Professor Tino Cuéllar was named this week to lead President-elect Barack Obama's transition working group on immigration, putting him among the many scholars from the Bay Area who are helping shape the next administration.

The team is one of seven policy groups Obama has convened to develop priorities for the first months of his presidency on topics ranging from education to the economy to national security.

The task of overhauling the nation's immigration system stymied President Bush, who favored an approach combining tougher enforcement with legalization for the country's estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants and a guest worker program to allow low-skilled foreign workers to enter legally in the future. Congress twice hammered out "comprehensive" bills on the issue, but Bush lacked the political capital to get the measures passed.

Obama must not only navigate the choppy political waters surrounding an immigration reform bill, but also address many related issues - whether to back an electronic workplace verification system up for reauthorization, how to tackle the unwieldy bureaucracy at the citizenship agency and whether to continue the current immigration enforcement raids.

Through a law school spokeswoman, Cuéllar declined to be interviewed, but lawyers and immigration experts across the country praised him Friday for his intellect and his grasp of both regulatory minutiae and the big picture of American immigration policy.

"He's brilliant beyond his years," said John Trasviña, president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, who met Cuéllar when he was a law student at Yale and encouraged him to go to work in Washington.

At 36, Cuéllar already has an impressive resume. Raised on the U.S.-Mexico border in Calexico (Imperial County), he earned his bachelor's degree at Harvard University before going to Yale Law School and finishing up with a doctorate in political science from Stanford, where he's now a full professor specializing in administrative law.

Along the way, he spent two years at the U.S. Treasury Department under President Bill Clinton, where he worked on fighting money-laundering operations.

Cuéllar has been described as a close adviser to Obama on immigration, and the American Bar Association recently suggested he could be on the short list to head the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency.

"He has considerable experience in the federal government, and his academic work has focused on analysis of complex organizations and the way they administer and devise public policy," said Yale Law School Professor Peter H. Schuck, who was one of Cuéllar's teachers and counts him as a friend. "He'll bring a very keen eye for organizational performance and a very innovative mind."

Cuéllar will co-lead the immigration policy group with Georgetown University Law Center Dean T. Alexander Aleinikoff, who was second in command at the Immigration and Naturalization Service during the Clinton years.

While Aleinikoff's background in immigration law is deep, Cuéllar brings a broader perspective, said Muzaffar Chishti, a senior staff member at the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute in Washington.

The fact that Cuéllar grew up on the border may mean he has strong views about the border fence currently being expanded by the Department of Homeland Security, said Chishti.

"He also has ideas on how issues of trade and economic development (in other countries) implicate immigration movements," he said. "I think he will be very responsive to the concerns of American workers in the immigration debate."

www.sfgate.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12