Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBL claims that E-verify amendment goes down 16-23

danvock danvock
    by RI4A
    MT @khaughney: Florida #EVerify amendment goes down 16-23 #immigration
    46 minutes ago

I can't believe public officials are so bought by the illegal alien lobby.

E-Verify immigration amendment fails
    http://www.floridatoday.com/article/201 ... tion-today

4:16 PM, May. 3, 2011 |

Written by

JIM ASH
    FLORIDA TODAY
    Filed Under
    Breaking News

TALLAHASSEE -- An attempt by Senate Rules Chairman John Thrasher to toughen an immigration law fell short after almost two hours of debate.

Thrasher's amendment to SB 2040 would have prodded employers into using a federal E-Verify system to determine the immigration status of newly hired workers.

The bill didn't mandate E-Verify, but it said that employers who don't use it and ended up getting caught hiring undocumented workers could face stiff fines.

The amendment failed 16-23.

Thrasher, R-St. Augustine, pulled out all of the stops in his closing argument. He implied that the 9/11 terrorists who trained in Florida could have been caught by the system.

"I wish that we had had an E-Verify system," Thrasher said. "We might have saved the lives of 3,000 Americans."

Sponsor Sen. JD Alexander, R-Lake Wales, was opposed to the amendment, as was the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

This does not surprise me at all. You had alot of Cubans with money helping the illegals. Many of them look at it as a fellow hispanic thing as opposed to a legal vs illegal thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is a shame...........oh, a sham!

Again in favor for the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Politicians again show who they favor and support
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

They were showing the vote on TV and Alexander was speaking saying immigration is the federal government"s responsibility. I couldn't listen to the traitor so I put on the Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays ballgame on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Related Thread Here
    Effort to toughen immigration law fails in Florida Senate

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1221167.html#1221167

Oh...my...God!

Banned
    There are going to be some states that will be hard lined in favor of illegals. What we need to do is to shore up all the other states and make it impossable for illegals to exist in those with tough immigration laws. By doing that it will force illegals to leave the country or migrate to those states that are set up to protect them. Let those states deal with them and eventually they too will cave in to the debt, crime, drugs, and upkeep costs of the illegals.

I watched the debate & vote . I was amazed at how many Repubs stood up and whined about the E-Verify Bill.

They stood up and made a fool of Floridians who put them in office and believed in them...

Fool me once shame on you...

Floridians will get our revenge in 2012. At this point I would vote for a yellow dog before I would put the Gov. or any of these Repubs back in office again !!!!!!! Haridopolos can forget about his bid for US Senator
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I am so fed up with illegals that I am looking at suing the government if I have a case. My argument would be that I was given incorrect information by the federal agents at the Canadian/American border when I was told it was illegal to live here illegally and that I would be deported if I was caught as well as sue the immigration lawyer for telling me the same. People are not only living here illegally but working as well and they are not being rounded up and deported. I suffered hardship financially and suffered from all the stress associated with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast