Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Official REsponse from NC Republicans on Redistricting

Subject: RE: Matty Lazo-Chadderton - ?1? What are you folks thinking? Wake County Democrat Precinct Chair for starters....Mexican Consulate affiliation

Dear (NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR),

Thank you for writing regarding the role to be played by Ms. Matty Lazo-Chadderton in the process of redistricting.

To comply with the Voting Rights Act, the General Assembly must demonstrate that it has sought input from the diverse communities that exist in North Carolina. We have a responsibility to conduct public hearings throughout the state so that all citizens have an opportunity to offer their view points on redistricting.

In order to conduct public hearings, the General Assembly must give members of the public and all interested groups reasonable notice of when and where the public hearings will be held.

Consistent with this duty, we have asked Ms. Lazo-Chadderton to help us circulate notices of hearings and other information to numerous communities in our state.

Ms. Lazo-Chadderton served in a similar role during the 2001 redistricting cycle. Her success in conveying information to Hispanic communities in 2001 was the sole reason why she was engaged to perform a similar function for this redistricting cycle.

It is important that the General Assembly obtain input from everyone who has an interest in redistricting regardless of party affiliation or interest group.

At the end of the day, only the General Assembly has the responsibility for drawing fair and legal legislative districts. However, making sure that all citizens have had a reasonable opportunity to offer input to the General Assembly is a critical and necessary step in the process.

I hope this answers your question and thank you once again for your inquiry.

Senator Bob Rucho, Senate Redistricting Chairman
    Representative David Lewis, House of Representatives Redistricting Chairman
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ms. Lazo-Chadderton served in a similar role during the 2001 redistricting cycle. Her success in conveying information to Hispanic communities in 2001 was the sole reason why she was engaged to perform a similar function for this redistricting cycle.
    I'll go out on a limb here and bet that the only notices this woman will be putting out will be in Hisppanic communities!

To comply with the Voting Rights Act, the General Assembly must demonstrate that it has sought input from the diverse communities that exist in North Carolina. We have a responsibility to conduct public hearings throughout the state so that all citizens have an opportunity to offer their view points on redistricting.
    William, I know I will probably hear nothing about this seeing as I'm not actually IN NC at the present time. Will you please keep us notified on this? I am much closer now having moved on to work in KY, I am close enough to come home to protest now and will be thru early June. This whole mess reeks... Ms.Matty Lazo-Chadderton and Senator Rucho are in cahoots to keep all the illegals in NC!

Since only U.S. citizens have the right to vote, of what importance is the opinion of the hispanic population, of which the great majority are illegal aliens, with no right to vote? Why do our elected representatives insist on enabling illegal aliens? If this is what we can expect from the new republican majority, we are no better off than when the democrats were in control.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!