Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh this just breaks my heart !!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/22/immigr ... index.html

Isn't this John McCrook's state?

Illegal immigrants packing up and leaving ArizonaStory Highlights
    Illegal immigrants, facing new law cracking down on employers, are going home

Arizona's new employer-sanctions law takes effect January 1

Law an attempt to lessen the economic incentive for illegal immigrants

"I don't want to live here because of the new law and oppressive environment"

Next Article in U.S. »

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Illegal immigrants in Arizona, frustrated with a flagging economy and tough new legislation cracking down on their employers, are returning to their home countries or trying their luck in other states.

Border Patrol officers in Phoenix, Arizona, check a bus depot for illegal immigrants in June 2006.

1 of 2 For months, immigrants have taken a wait-and-see attitude toward the state's new employer-sanctions law, which takes effect January 1. The voter-approved legislation is an attempt to lessen the economic incentive for illegal immigrants in Arizona, the busiest crossing point along the U.S.-Mexico border.

And by all appearances, it's starting to work.

"People are calling me telling me about their friend, their cousin, their neighbors -- they're moving back to Mexico," said Magdalena Schwartz, an immigrant-rights activist and pastor at a Mesa church. "They don't want to live in fear, in terror."

Martin Herrera, a 40-year-old illegal immigrant and masonry worker who lives in Camp Verde, 70 miles north of Phoenix, said he is planning to return to Mexico as soon as he ties up loose ends after living here for four years.

"I don't want to live here because of the new law and the oppressive environment," he said. "I'll be better in my country."

He called the employer-sanctions law "absurd."

"Everybody here, legally or illegally, we are part of a motor that makes this country run," Herrera said. "Once we leave, the motor is going to start to slow down."

There's no way to know how many illegal immigrants are leaving Arizona, especially now with many returning home for normal holiday visits. But economists, immigration lawyers and people who work in the immigrant community agree it's happening.

State Rep. Russell Pearce of Mesa, the author of the employer sanctions law, said his intent was to drive illegal immigrants out of Arizona.

"I'm hoping they will self-deport," Pearce said. "They broke the law. They're criminals."

Under the employer sanctions law, businesses found to have knowingly hired illegal workers will be subject to sanctions from probation to a 10-day suspension of their business licenses. A second violation would bring permanent revocation of the license.

Nancy-Jo Merritt, an immigration lawyer who primarily represents employers, said her clients already have started to fire workers who can't prove they are in the country legally.

Don't Miss
    'Green card marriage' ad nets arrest
    Romney fires landscapers
    "Workers are being fired, of course," she said. "Nobody wants to find out later on that they've got somebody working for them who's not here legally."

When immigrants don't have jobs, they don't stick around, said Dawn McLaren, a research economist at Arizona State University who specializes in illegal immigration.

She said the flagging economy, particularly in the construction industry, also is contributing to an immigrant exodus.

"As the jobs dwindle and the environment becomes more unpleasant in more ways than one, you then decide what to do, and perhaps leaving looks like a good idea," she said. "And certainly that creates a problem, because as people leave, they take the jobs they created with them."

Pearce disagreed that the Arizona economy will suffer after illegal immigrants leave, saying there will be less crime, lower taxes, less congestion, smaller classroom sizes and shorter lines in emergency rooms.

"We have a free market. It'll adjust," he said. "Americans will be much better off."

He said he's not surprised illegal immigrants are leaving the state and predicts that more will go once the employer-sanctions law takes effect next month.

"It's attrition by enforcement," he said. "As you make this an unfriendly state for lawbreakers, I'm hoping they will pick up and leave." E-mail to a friend

Yep, this is his state!!

When this bill was first discussed, and I heard about the employers who were trying to fight it------including Jim Click who owns numerous car dealerships in Tucson, I called Click to give him a piece of my mind.

The person who answered the phone said........"You will have to wait a few minutes to speak with him, he is on the phone with Senator McCain"

I immediately figured out why McCain was fighting so hard for the illegals------He was guaranteeing his corporate buddies a continual flow of cheap slave labor, and they in turn were guaranteeing him contributions to his campaigns!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Geez, they don't want to live under such an oppressive government?? How about the government of Mexico?

What a bunch of ungrateful criminal ingrates. Who cares if the economy TANKS -- I'd rather be poor than see my country be taken over by these third world thieves.

Glad to hear there are some folks in Arizona with backbones.

Oklahoma, Georgia, and Tennesse have passed similar laws.

The other states need to get on board, or the illegals will be heading their way!!

Once the illegals start heading their way, the citizens will DEMAND that the same laws be passed----except for maybe California. They are going to let the illegals destroy the state forever.

Law: Officials Could Report Companies Hiring Illegals

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 01:12 AM EST

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The state of Tennessee will soon have a brand new tool to crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants.

A new law goes into effect Jan. 1, 2008. If a company violates it, they could be forced out of business.

If a city, county, or state official has good reason to believe a company is hiring illegal immigrants a complaint to the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development could spark an investigation.

The state senator who created the bill said this is a different approach to solving the illegal immigration problem.

"Where's the best way to cut off the spigot, if you will, and that is to go to the source of where the dollars flow from, and that is from the employers," said state Sen. Bill Ketron, a Republican from Murfreesboro."

Cont'd through link......

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7522961
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I believe that very few of them are returning to Mexico. Most of them are heading toward sanctuary cities. And I'm loving it because these sanctuary cities are going to start getting a real taste of what it's like to be invaded by millions and millions of third-world criminals. And it serves them right.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

These laws are doing nothing in Georgia, They come here every day in droves.

Do not be fooled.

Sonny Globalism Perdue is in Bush's pocket:

President Bush appoints Governor Perdue to Trade Advisory Committee

Thursday, December 13, 2007 Contact: Office of Communications 404-651-7774
    Governor appointed to the President's Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations

Washington, D.C. – President George W. Bush this week announced his intention to appoint Governor Sonny Perdue to the President’s Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN). This committee advises the President and the United States Trade Representative, Ambassador Susan C. Schwab, on matters arising in connection with the development, implementation, and administration of U.S. trade policy.

“We have made great strides in advancing Georgia’s trade position and economy since I took office and I look forward to sharing what I have learned while working with the other members of the committee,â€
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    because these sanctuary cities are going to start getting a real taste of what it's like to be invaded by millions and millions of third-world criminals. And it serves them right.
    I agree americangirl. Now maybe this will open up peoples eyes.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Banned
    One thing is for sure

They won't be able to work in Arizona after the 1st

They can't work now in Ok and very soon in Tenn

Calif is broke from payouts to Illegals , Nevada is close to
    being the same

Americans are fed up with it