Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oh no tancredo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would go #1 Paul #2 Tancredo #3 Hunter. I liked Huckabee's strong views on Christianity, too.

Paul and Tancredo may not be the best speakers, but they seem honest and are very learned on their respective issues.

What I can't stand is that on both Fox and CNN, when they advertise these debates, they'll show photos of the top three candidates for each political party. Why can't they show photos of the "Second Tier" Candidates once in a while? It's like they're secretly telling us, "These are the only candidates that really matter." And, our subconscious picks up on that, unfortunately.

Ostrich

I agree Ost. I've written to CNN and Blitzer both tonight stating they are totally unfair. They gave the upper tier 90% of the time tonight and allowed all of them to go over their time limits. It was very unfair.... and as I stated, from now on turn off their microphones when their time limits have expired.

Paul and others played by the rules and stopped talking when they were asked too. The upper tier, much like George Bush, did not play by the rules and kept talking far past their time, thus robbing others of their chance to debate the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpatriot

Yes, our inability to speak plainly about this issue is killing our country.

You'd be surprised how receptive ordinary people are to deportations and temporary restrictions on legal immigration when you tell them how we are endanger of losing our country within a generation. I've found this out firsthand...and with uber-liberals no less!
    I think that right there will be what decides if we win or lose this battle. We need to keep hitting our legislators but we need to inform and empower our friends, or family, our co-workers, our neighbors, random people we meet, etc, etc, etc

The more people we have on our side the louder our voice will be. Some are on the fence and some are on our side but just don't know what to do. I try to help drum up support just as often as I call/email/fax.

Why in the world are you referring to them as top tier?

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    Why in the world are you referring to them as top tier?
    Stokey, they are who the BIASED media is pushing. These three are more liberal so they give them the majority of the publicity to keep the American public blind to the others.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Offense-Leadership-Confidence-Optimism for success

From another post I just made on similar topic

I think Tancredo needs to work on his speaking skills, he seemed a little outclassed. I liked a lot of what he said though.

He didn't use his time effectively to stick to the basics or effectively "zing" McCain.

I think he screwed up by calling for a time out on legal immigration. It may be a good idea, but he got steam rolled by Wolf and some of the other candidates as being anti-immigrant even though he said he welcomes legal immigrants. I think he/we needs to stick with:

Welcome legal immigrants and deport illegal immigrants

Most Americans can't stand illegals and do not want amnesty but most are not ready to put the cold freeze on legal immigration.

There is so much that Tancredo and others can go after McCain on his crappy illegal immigration mis-information, but they still seem to play verbal softball. It is like they rather not hurt another republican too much.

As a realist, I know Tancredo will not get the nomination, so why not take the opportunity to "knock" McCain and others on their heels?
    Go after them, go on the offensive, what are you going to lose---the nomination?

Mass_Citizen

Yes, our inability to speak plainly about this issue is killing our country.

You'd be surprised how receptive ordinary people are to deportations and temporary restrictions on legal immigration when you tell them how we are endanger of losing our country within a generation. I've found this out firsthand...and with uber-liberals no less!
    When are we going to reach out more to those that just need to know how silly McCain-Kennedy is.

McCain Kennedy- propaganda- misinformation is pulling the general public to their side with warm cuddly statements (said with forked tongues) while "marginilizing/extremizing" the hard truth of the anti-illegal immigration movement . But it is working.

When are we going to reach out to Democrats and others "with the truth" in a way that wins?

Offense-Leadership-Confidence-Optimism for success

Mass_Citizen

When are we going to reach out to Democrats and others "with the truth" in a way that wins?
    It is up to each of us here at ALIPAC to do that as often as possible with as many people as possible (coffee shop strangers and work colleagues).

If we communicate with facts and effectively describe our country's dire straights people will listen and respond. Most people seem to think that the current state of illegal immigration in the U.S. is merely a serious problem that needs to be addressed when it is in fact a crisis of national existence. Once people understand that this is a threat to our national existence (i.e. language, culture, land, government, etc.) the classical ideological boundaries that divide us almost always dissolve.

Personally, I've found it very effective to share stories from my extended family in California that document the drastic changes due to illegal immigration in that state.

From your comments it sounds like Tancredo could have done a lot better. If he's not a good speaker by now...somethings wrong. He's not running for school board.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Tom Tancredo is becoming a one-issue candidate. I thought his answer on the war was great, but he needs to step up his visibility on other issues. Everyone knows he is tough on immigration - he has those votes. Now he needs to win the rest.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Well, I didn't get to see the debates, unemployment socked my Comcast bill, so the one thing I do believe is that this latest push by the media and whoever on Fred Thompson has to be overcome by another candidate such as one of the three that are discussed in this thread. Personally, I'm split between Paul and Hunter for President. Tancredo isn't exactly someone who I think that can deal with what lies ahead for this country when one looks at issues such as Iran, China, Russia, etc..he comes accross as just a bit timid, but then again, that's just my opinion and I've yet to see him in the debates. My opinion may change before its all over. I know Paul is a strong orater and so is Duncan and I like where they both stand on immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast