Thread: oh well

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

oh well

If an individual has knowledge of a company hiring illegals with fraudulent documentation, is that person legally obligated to report it? And, if that person has been instructed to sign off (by a company VP) on I-9's containing the copies of the fake ID but has refused to do so, what happens next?

JuniusJnr
    ALIPAC Admin & Welcome Wagon

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:47 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WMCMinor, we aren't lawyers here and can't give legal advice but I'd sure be calling a legal aid service and asking them that question. Many a lawyer would probably love to field that question, and even take it before the court.

patbrunz
    ALIPAC Titan

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call an attorney. Preferably one that specializes in that kind of law.

WMCMinor
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:52 am Post subject:

Thank you. I think I may have approached this wrong. I was hoping just to get some advice and/or opinions on how to handle this now after being fired. Specifically, governing agencies to contact about known illegals. I am a little hesitant to say much. I will say that although I had never been fired from a job before this was a good a reason as any.

JuniusJnr

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:59 am Post subject:

If you want to report the company, contact ICE. And if you want to get them grief, contact wehirealiens.com

But if you got fired so some illegal could have your job, then you need to contact a lawyer. Even if you just call legal aid and see what they have to say. What about the ACLU? They seem to fight for causes and this is a good one. Even they sometimes fight for American citizens.

WMCMinor
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:39 pm Post subject:

I just visited wehirealiens.com. Thanks again for the information.

Last edited by WMCMinor on Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

CountFloyd
    ALIPAC Hero Elite

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:50 pm Post subject:

JuniusJnr wrote:
    What about the ACLU?

Not even after Hell has frozen over.

JuniusJnr

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:40 am Post subject:

Quote:
    JuniusJnr wrote:
    What about the ACLU?

Not even after Hell has frozen over.

Oh, but Count Floyd, they seem so successful. I'd like to see them fight for an American with an American cause for a change! I, too, have little respect for the ACLU and the causes they champion. Perhaps if American started asking for their assistance, it could change the course of events.

WMCMinor
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:21 am Post subject:

I have just been advised by my attorney not to report them because doing so may seem retaliatory on my part. Doesn't make any sense to me because my firing was retaliatory. The truth is I am angry and would like to expose them but more than that I believe I was being set up to be the scapegoat (heavy fines and possible prison time). I think I'm obligated, to everyone including the illegals, not just myself, to report them. They were told to things that certainly were not included in their job descriptions. I didn't understand why but after being told their true status it all became very clear. Signed, Stuck.

patbrunz
    ALIPAC Titan

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:36 am Post subject:

Get a second opinion.

JuniusJnr

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:45 am Post subject:

Quote:
    I have just been advised by my attorney not to report them because doing so may seem retaliatory on my part.

sounds to me like you have one of those liberal democrat attorneys. I'd find a new one.

JohnB2012
    ALIPAC Super Hero

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:31 pm Post subject:

Quote:
    I have just been advised by my attorney not to report them because doing so may seem retaliatory on my part.

Is your attorney planning on filing a suit against the company? That is probably why he gave you this advice. If he is not filing a suit, I'd be reporting the company to everybody that would listen. ICE, State Dept. of Labor, media, etc.

Buy ALIPAC Stuff

WMCMinor
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:21 pm Post subject:

Oh well, the judge has decided to dismiss. He doesn't believe, I've been told by my attorney, that I was fired. Seems to me a jury should have decided that but he's the judge. Afterall, being called a MOD EDIT, keys taken to "the" filing cabinet containing 90% of what's necessary to perform my job (WORK) and being told "Maybe this isn't the job for you" after I refused to sign the ILLEGAL documents, certainly screamed YOU'RE FIRED to me. No mention, however, of the illegal activity, specifically the hiring of illegal aliens. And, all this after a trial date was set, mediation date set, and other requests for dismissal within the last year before and after pretrial conference were denied. More specifically, documents viewed at depostion, showing name changes, last name changes of males "in question" apparently didn't matter.

Thanks again to all for your support. But really what good are laws when money talks?

I am very sorry this is happening to you, but you have done the right thing. You refused to allow them to make an accessory to crime out of you. You have stood up for your nation.

Let us hope you talents can go to a company with more scruples.

Although it is not enough, the political pressure has resulted in an increase in fines and arrests of employers.

Also, we have a six year statute of limitations to go after these people.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)