Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    A state that doesn't tolerate nor accomodate illegal invaders! What a blessing!
    Hopefully they clean out the Oklahoma panhandle which is ate up with illegals due to a huge Seaboard farms (Hog) operation. I am afraid someone is gettng paid off to ignore that operation because no matter what goes on in the rest of Oklahoma that area remains ate up with illegals and business goes on as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I think people in my state need to start praying (I mean that seriously not just coloquially) for these kinds of changes here too (Oregon).

Our governors race is coming up and I pray and hope to get a decent, conservative governor for once. It has been far too long for us and we need some change (not the Obama kind, I mean REAL change).
    Oklahoma's not only part of "Tornado Alley" we're also in the "Bible Belt".
    So Honest believers are more than welcome.
    The rest will be gone with the wind.

Leaving SoCal, for Oklahoma in 2007, was no mistake.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    A state that doesn't tolerate nor accomodate illegal invaders! What a blessing!
    Hopefully they clean out the Oklahoma panhandle which is ate up with illegals due to a huge Seaboard farms (Hog) operation. I am afraid someone is gettng paid off to ignore that operation because no matter what goes on in the rest of Oklahoma that area remains ate up with illegals and business goes on as usual.
    Tulsa was a sanctuary city when HB 1804 went into effect in 2007. Now, 2yr's later, I think Gov, Brad Henry has given them an offer they couldn't refuse.
    ------------------------

When I first got to OK, from Ca. I immediately noticed the difference and without even thinking about it.
    Talking about Culture shock! But a good one.

All of you would notice it too.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    When I first got to OK, from Ca. I immediately noticed the difference and without even thinking about it.

MK, I envy you for being able to make that move from SoCal. Actually anyone who leaves here is a "hero" to me. I know several people who have left here and they have no regrets!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

MK, I envy you for being able to make that move from SoCal. Actually anyone who leaves here is a "hero" to me. I know several people who have left here and they have no regrets!
    It's not that I had it planned. Our neighborhood along with my small Business was being run down by illegals and the District Supervisor( Josie Gonzales) was accomidating them. So I had to make a quick decision and figure out how I was going to do it. Others I knew from SanBerdo had already moved to OK. So I conntected them and was offered a job.
    I grabbed my dog, loaded my tools and hit the road.
    RT 66, took me straight to OKC.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

It's not that I had it planned. Our neighborhood along with my small Business was being run down by illegals and the District Supervisor( Josie Gonzales) was accomidating them. So I had to make a quick decision and figure out how I was going to do it. Others I knew from SanBerdo had already moved to OK. So I conntected them and was offered a job.
    I grabbed my dog, loaded my tools and hit the road.
    RT 66, took me straight to OKC.
    Is there anything you miss about being here?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Only the mountains. That's it.
    I lived right at the foothills below Cajon Pass.

Another big difference is the clean, fresh air and blue skies, unlike the dirty air and smog layered skies in SoCal. Asthma is not the norm here like it is in Ca.
    My asthma left me once I got here. No need for inhailers anymore.

They should have a sign next to "Welcome to Oklahoma" saying "You are now leaving the "fast lane". Things are much slower and layed back here and the cost of living in OK. is less than half of what it is in Ca.
    Most people think it's all flat land here, even I did. But that's far from the truth. Ok is covered with rolling hills, lakes ,trees and farmland.

Here's a link to a picture thread on an Ok, forum.
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/oklahoma ... ition.html
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I could not imagine the difference MK, compared to SoCal. I grew up in the shadow of Mt. Hood. I could not imagine not waking up every day and seeing Mt. Hood and the Cascades. One of my favorite things is to take drives along the Columbia River Gorge, especially in winter, and towering above the highway (I-84) is the break of the Cascade Mountains (where they have been split by the Columbia River) while you are down at sea (Columbia River) level looking up at the massive mountains looming above with snow on them.

Late summer huckleberry picking and drives up into the high wildernesses just because you can.

The only places in Oregon where there are populations of illegal aliens is in the main city areas of Portland, Salem, Eugene and some of the towns along the I-5 corridor where the major farms are. These are places we do not go to anyways. Where we are there is a population of them, but it seems to be dwindling lately since all of the nurseries are not having as much work. Besides, getting out and away from the is as simple as going into the mountains, where they never seem to go (fear of the open outdoors maybe?).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Only the mountains. That's it.
    I lived right at the foothills below Cajon Pass.

Another big difference is the clean, fresh air and blue skies, unlike the dirty air and smog layered skies in SoCal. Asthma is not the norm here like it is in Ca.
    My asthma left me once I got here. No need for inhailers anymore.

They should have a sign next to "Welcome to Oklahoma" saying "You are now leaving the "fast lane". Things are much slower and layed back here and the cost of living in OK. is less than half of what it is in Ca.
    Most people think it's all flat land here, even I did. But that's far from the truth. Ok is covered with rolling hills, lakes ,trees and farmland.

Here's a link to a picture thread on an Ok, forum.
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/oklahoma ... ition.html
    I thought it was flat too, but it's real pretty there. Sounds like a place I'd like to check out someday.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast