Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Old article on Wells Fargo?

I was hoping someone could help me locate an old article on Wells Fargo Bank that had to do with them giving Illegals Home Loans?
    I have been fighting our Govt. for 4 years, to get Disability because of a Damaged Sciatic Nerve, I FINALLY WON!!!
    And I decided that I would like to purchase a home (first one), BUT...Because of my past Medical bills, my credit is poor (think my score is 2 lol). The point is, I called Wells Fargo and tried to explain my situation to them, and I told him flat out I have NO CREDIT. Then I mentioned Wells Fargo giving Home loans to Mexican Nationals...His response:
    "Well, if they have GOOD CREDIT".
    I have my Kids & my PRIDE thats about it anymore. And By GOD when I heard that, I just about fell out of my chair.
    I guess being an American NO LONGER means ANYTHING in the Financial World anymore...Well, I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN...Even MORE PROUD OF BEING A DAD!!! %#@& Them!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

SAN DIEGO -- It's the American dream -- buying a home for your family. And now you don't have to be in the country legally to own one.

Wells Fargo is first major California lender to offer home loans to illegal immigrants, 10News reported.

"We're not required to ask the immigration status of any of our customers. That is the responsibility of the federal government," Wells Fargo bank representative Jerry Ruiz said.

The program is called "Celebrate Home" and Wells Fargo says it complies with all federal regulations, 10News reported.

Applicants do need a tax identification number issued by the Internal Revenue Service for people who do not have Social Security numbers.

Ruiz said the program is targeted to Wells Fargo customers who have been an account holder for at least six months and who can show proof of residency for two years in the United States -- along with proof that they have filed and reported income taxes using an individual taxpayer identification number.

There are an estimated 10 to 12 million illegal workers in the United States.

Critics say even though the program is legal, it sends the wrong message.

"Any time you have a bank institution lending money to help people buy homes when they're not even allowed to be in the country, it is something that runs contrary to the law. It aids and abets people who are breaking the law," said Ira Melman of the Federation of Immigration Reform.

A bill is being introduced in Congress that would make it illegal to issue loans to illegal immigrants, according to 10News.
    Copyright 2006 by 10News.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

http://www.10news.com/money/6377080/detail.html

Mexican ID Card Gets Illegal Aliens Access to Banks
    Jeff Johnson, CNSNews.com
    Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2002
    WASHINGTON – Mexican citizens living in the United States are allegedly being illegally helped by at least one national banking chain that now accepts a card issued by the Mexican government as valid identification for opening accounts. But an immigration reform group says those banks are violating federal law.
    "We were approached by the Consulate General of Mexico to help find solutions to the barriers that Mexicans are encountering when trying to open a checking or savings account at a U.S. bank," said Lynn Pike, regional president for Wells Fargo in metro Los Angeles announcing the decision last year. "It became clear that one of those barriers is having forms of identification that are accepted by banks.

Wells Fargo accepts the Mexican "Matricula Consular" - or Certificate of Consular Registration - as a "primary" form of identification in place of other forms of U.S.- or state government-issued identification. Wells Fargo also requires applicants to have a major credit card, department store credit card, or student identification card with a photo to open an account.

Abetting Illegal Aliens

"By removing this barrier," Pike explained, "we want Mexican citizens to know that Wells Fargo welcomes their business and wants to be the financial services company of choice for the Hispanic community."

The Matricula Consular is a photo identification card issued by local consulates to Mexican nationals living in foreign countries. The card is valid for five years, and applicants are not questioned about their immigration status. It costs applicants $29.

"These cards are issued almost exclusively to illegal aliens," charged Craig Nelson, director of ProjectUSA, an advocacy group created "to inform the public" about "mass immigration and overpopulation."

Information published by the Mexican government corroborates Nelson's claim.

"The Certificate of Consular Registry is exclusively for Mexican citizens, independent of their legal stay in this country," according to a translation of the Matricula Consular page of the Mexican Consulate's Web site in San Diego.

"If someone were in the country legally they wouldn't need the Matricula Consular," Nelson explained. "They would have official U.S.-issued identification, and they would use that to open a bank account."

Criminal Act

By "welcoming the business" of illegal aliens, Nelson said banks are breaking the law. He points to Title 8 Section 1324 of the U.S. Code.

The law mandates that: "Any person who ... encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law ... or aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts ... in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

The implication, Nelson believes, is clear.

"Courts have held that the word 'encourage' there means allowing an illegal alien to stand equally with an American citizen," he explained. "To us it seems plain that opening a bank account for an illegal alien encourages the illegal alien to remain in the United States."

Wells Fargo maintains, however, that it is not the bank's responsibility to inquire about the immigration status of its customers.

"We don't feel that we're breaking the law because we don't bring [aliens] in, nor do we harbor anyone," said Julia Tunis, a spokeswoman for Wells Fargo. "And, the Matricula card does not induce anyone to come to the United States."

Calls to the Mexican Embassy in Washington seeking comment on ProjectUSA's allegations were not returned before the filing of this story for publication.

Copyright CNSNews.com

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/art ... 0601.shtml

U.S. banks help illegal aliens
    Human Events, Dec 17, 2001 by Malkin, Michelle
    Some American banks just don't get it. Here we are, at war with deadly foreign terrorists who exploited our lax immigration policies, and what are these U.S. financial institutions doing? Making it easier for illegal immigrants to do business inside our borders.

Earlier this month, California-based banking giant Wells Fargo proudly publicized its plan to loosen identification guidelines for Mexican customers who want to open American checking or savings accounts. Banks usually require foreign customers to show passports as a primary form of ID,, with credit cards and Social Security numbers or federal taxpayer ID numbers as backup documents. But now, as a result of heavy lobbying from the Mexican government and HispanicAmerican activists, Wells Fargo will accept an ID card issued by Mexican consulate offices known as "matricula consular."

Related Results
    Embracing aliens:...
    Bank offers credit...
    BofA steps into...
    Aiding and...
    Most Popular Articles
    in Reference
    The importance of ...
    Credit card debt on ...
    Sources Of Stress ...
    More »
    Any Mexican national living abroad (read: any illegal Mexican immigrant living in the U.S.) can get the card by simply supplying proof of Mexican citizenship, such as a birth certificate or voting card.

No other secondary ID is needed if a Wells Fargo customer signs a residency form from the Internal Revenue Servicewhich emphasizes that it will not share the information with the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Not that clueless INS officials, who let September 11 hijack ringleader Mohamed Atta and his visa-overstaying alien conspirators slip through their fingers, would do anything with the information, anyway.

Advertisement
    Tony Lew, an INS spokesman in Los Angeles, told the Los Angeles Times that the agency has no problem with Wells Fargo's new policy. "Our priorities are to go after illegal immigrants involved in committing crime," he said. "If they are lawabiding citizens, we don't have the resources to go looking for them."

Memo to the INS: Illegal aliens are, by definition, law-breaking criminals. Good grief. Will the INS ever learn? It's exactly this deaf, blind and dumb culture toward illegal aliens that al Qaeda terrorists-several of whom worked with Hispanic immigration scam artists to obtain fake documents-used to their bloody advantage.

Backed by the feds, bank officials eager to cash in on the huge illegal alien marketand score a few P.C. brownie points-are pulling out all the stops to lower the bar for "undocumented" Mexican customers. "We welcome you to come to one of our branches," Wells Fargo Bank vice president John Murillo crowed at a Spanish-language news conference, "where we won't question your legal status." Here are more bank officials to put that criminal-friendly welcome message in neon lights: "Wells Fargo does not focus at all on the legal status of our customers," California marketing manager Gari Helms told the Los Angeles Times. "Whether someone is legal or illegal is not for us to determine," Alice Perez, Hispanic marketing manager for U.S. Bancorp, told the Chicago Daily Herald.

U.S. Bancorp moved quickly to accept Mexican IDs following Wells Fargo's announcement. Also accepting the Mexican consular cards: Firstar banks, Harris Bank, Union Bank, and U.S. branches of the Puerto Rico-based Banco Popular. The American Banker newspaper reports that Seattle-based Washington Mutual Inc. is "actively looking into" loosening its ID policy for Mexicans.

Also following Wells Fargo's lead: local governments in California, such as Orange County and San Francisco, which will now accept the consular cards as identification so that illegal aliens jailed for "minor offenses" will not be deported.

And Mexico is only the first step. Wells Fargo has said it is open to accepting simi-, lar cards issued by other governments.

Once again, the convenience and comfort of illegal aliens overrides the safety and security of American citizens. You thing Osama bin Laden and his America-hating followers around the world won't find a way to exploit this new brainless program, too? You can bank on it.

By MIcHELLE MALKIN

Mrs. Malkin is a nationally syndicated columnist and founder of the Porkwatch website.

Copyright Human Events Publishing, Inc. Dec 17, 2001

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... i_n9006504

Banned
    Search found 275 matches just here at alipac forums alone

Thank You, Thank You very much...
    I guess I was frustrated after getting off the phone with that guy. The thought just keeps resonating in my head, that I worked hard my entire life (started at 8 cleaning offices w/my mom), and a freak accident stopped me. I've paid my taxes, and followed all the rules.
    I learned along time ago that Life is not Fair...
    But shouldnt Justice?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    Thank You, Thank You very much...
    I guess I was frustrated after getting off the phone with that guy. The thought just keeps resonating in my head, that I worked hard my entire life (started at 8 cleaning offices w/my mom), and a freak accident stopped me. I've paid my taxes, and followed all the rules.
    I learned along time ago that Life is not Fair...
    But shouldnt Justice?

We can trust that some times the justice system isnt perfict
    if it was there be way to many problems...

But that sure don’t apply to illegal aliens
    one way Justice and thats a trip back home

Banned
    Apply for an ITIN number from the IRS and use it to apply for the home loan...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Apply for an ITIN number from the IRS and use it to apply for the home loan...

You lost me
    A federal ID # ?
    I didnt think if you already had a SS# you could get a ITIN
    and when most Americans have both SS and FI they go off both and spouse

Banned
    Hell, it seems to work for illegal aliens! I'm not sure about the regulations but I seem to remember a friend of mine who went through a Chapter 7 getting an ITIN and obtaining credit under it. You might want to go to the IRS website and check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast