Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OMG !!! Is this a coincidence?

I have been blasting Governor Easley of N.C. with mails to protect the citizens of North Carolina and threatening to see to it he is ousted from office if we don't get the illegals out of NC. Dole/Burr have also received many letters from me promising the same if they support amnesty....

Well today, my employer received a garnishment letter for back taxes N.C. says I owe for the year 1988 and 1989. The garnishment letter said I had been previously notified, which is untrue. They say to garnish $1165.56 which means after penalties and interest; I probably owed 75 cents.

Is this just coincidental timing? Please let us know if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks.

I doubt that this is coincidence, imo.

A tactic that has been used in the past. If you don't want to bend to inimidation, your option should be a good Tax Attorney OR {much better} go to JUDICIAL WATCH. If you don't get any help from them try Mark Levin's legal group.

*** I'll wager that someone who's out to stop the Illegals will do pro-bono work.

Hope this helps a bit. We might be blessed by your situation although it's horrible for you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Diane,

I would not read that much into it. The govs office would be hard pressed to do that. They usually do not get down and dirty over e-mails.

I spoke with Revenue chairman Norris Tolson yesterday. The state of NC is doing all it can to pull in money this way and that.

Give me a call if I can be of assistance to you on this matter.

I doubt seriously that it is state retaliation.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Diane,

I do not for a moment believe this is coincidence, and I am so sorry.

Judicial Watch sounds like a good idea - maybe send your story to Lou Dobbs or one of the talk show people.

When our government tips off the enemy where are Minutemen will be; I put nothing past them.

I called N.C. Revenue and here is their take on the situation. They just happened to be reviewing some old cases, lol. The reason why I have received no notices from them is because I no longer reside at the address I resided at in 1988 and 1989 and all notices were sent there. Although they have my current address in their computer data bank, they still send the notices to the address of record for the tax year involved. They are not required to send the notices to the address they know is the correct one.

Luckily I got a nice lady on the phone, paid her $145.00 for an apparent tax error and she waived all the penalties and interest and said we could tear up the garnishment.

I can't help but feel this was some type of intimidation, but maybe I'm becoming over paranoid.

Dianne,

First off, we should not risk telegraphing a message to other activists that they may face tax retaliation for their activism on this issue when we have no evidence that is the case.

Secondly, what you are experiencing is what the NC Dept. of Revenue does on a regular basis with thousands of people. What they are doing is in the NC law code. You could place a formal request to know how many North Carolinian they are going after for back taxes.

To date, no ALIPAC activist has reported retribution from a government agency for their efforts in this cause and your case would be the first known in our two years of operations it was the cause.

Some of our activists have faced trouble at work for being vocal in their workplace about this issue. That is a risk any American runs.

Our people are worried enough as it is. We have to be careful about over connecting dots without evidence on matters that would unnecessarily deter other citizens from joining our fight.

You are in effect, giving Mike Easley credit for punitive actions he most likely did not initiate.

Therefore, regardless of whether he did or did not decide to retaliate against you for an e-mail you sent you are placing that message in the minds of other activists. Thus you risk accomplishing the mission of suppressing dissent for Easley regardless of his actions.

I can understand the question coming into your mind, but without evidence this kind of speculation is harmful to our efforts.

W

You're right W, sorry.

No problem. I want you to feel free to bring your concern here anytime.

W

Sorry, also.

I am just paranoid - but glad you got it taken care of.

And W, I know what you are saying about frightening people.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Sorry, also.

I am just paranoid - but glad you got it taken care of.

And W, I know what you are saying about frightening people.
    I don't mind frightening people as long as we have proof and facts on our side and it is information they need to know.

W