Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Only in California!

This is absolutely frustrating! I get my coffee and turn on the local Bay Area news...covering SF and Oakand area....
    The next thing i know they're talking about the ruling in Arizona and they interview someone organzing protests all over the bay area. Of course they only interviewed the ones that are pro-illegal immigration. I was flabbergasted because they're not reporting FAIR.
    The woman they talked to said she was glad they couldn't check for legal paperwork when pulled over. Saying that people couldnt take their loved ones to the hospital or dr without worrying about being arrested.
    Im not sure about Arizona, but in CA we have to be legal to have a drivers license to DRIVE our loved ones to the dr or hospital.
    If we get caught driving without a license, we get our car impounded....etc....So....what difference does it make if they have to carry some sort of ID or something showing who they are and where they're from?

And as usual, the news station only told the one side....Not a single mention about the citizens like us who are against.

So here we go again, they'll be taking to the streets, raising their flags from their own country....screaming like banjeess....and getting their way.

Maybe we should take to the streets , everyone against illegal immigration....no more quietly fighting against illegals....We need to do this loudly , just like they do. And carry OUR flags from our country!

Sick and tired in CA
    Cavmom

We are not playing

We are not playing around anymore. Not when our home, our nation, and our future is at stake.
    When we take to the streets, it will be the streets of Washington DC, and it will be for the last time.

Cavmom,
    I'd expect nothing less from a San Fransicko news station. They are in LOVE with thier illegals there - just ask the Bolonga family.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank You Rick Oltman for calling in to the news station! Now at least both sides have been heard. YAY!

cavmom keep up the post there are a lot of us here in California that are also fustrated. I am afraid that a lot of our fellow Californians have backed off or fell silent on these forums due to the comments thrown at California and Californians. I am afraid that most Californians are painted with one brush, all liberals and all pro-open borders. I know at times I have found myself having to explain and defend being a Californian. Things and attitudes are slowly changing and with what has just happened in Arizona it is more important than ever to support each other. We Californians more than anyone know what it's like to not be heard to have our voices stiffled by courts.

I just received this email from my congressman, Jerry McNerney (Democrat). I had written him earlier and his emails had always been lukewarm. I recently sent him an email about my concerns about the dream act and the problems my child is having in fighting for classes at Sonoma State. You notice he does not mention the dream act, but at least I do notice a different tone in his response. Is it just that it is election year and or is he really starting to get the message? One can only hope.

Thank you for contacting me with your position on immigration policy. It is helpful to learn the views of my friends and neighbors in California, and I appreciate having your input.

There is broad consensus in this country that our current immigration policies are flawed. We should begin by strongly enforcing existing laws, securing the border, cracking down on employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants, and devising a realistic way to deal with the 12 million people who are unlawfully in the U.S. In addition, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) should have no greater priority than locating and deporting criminal aliens who have proven they are a threat to our communities.

U.S. immigration policy must include new tools for law enforcement, as well as the funding they need to strongly enforce existing laws and secure the border. There are crucial steps we should take. To start, we must increase the number of homeland security personnel guarding our borders and give them the resources they need. Our border and immigration agents need strong funding levels to help enforce existing immigration laws, and we should strive to untie the hands of our men and women working in difficult conditions on the border.

We should also help businesses that are trying hard to play by the rules so that they can identify deceitful employees who falsify identification records by implementing a permanent program to verify worker immigration status. I also firmly believe all immigrants who wish to become U.S. citizens should learn English. English is the common and unifying language of the United States and it is important that all Americans are able to understand judicial and law enforcement proceedings, health matters, police and law enforcement issues, and election law.

You will be pleased to know that I voted for H.R. 2892, the Homeland Security Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2010. This legislation provides approximately $10 billion for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency, which makes up the largest law enforcement organization in the nation whose goal is to protect America by enforcing immigration and drug laws. This additional funding will increase the number of agents, allow for the purchase of improved technology, and improve anti-drug initiatives. H.R. 2892 also ensures that $1.5 billion will be directed to identify criminal illegal immigrants and prioritize their removal from the United States.

I am also a cosponsor of H.R. 1314, a bill which allows state governments to be compensated for incarcerating illegal aliens who are charged with, or convicted of, a felony or two or more misdemeanors. The federal government has not lived up to its obligations to fully enforce our nation's immigration laws, and as a result state and local governments are often forced to bear significant costs associated with incarcerating people who are in this country illegally and then commit additional crimes. California's budget is severely stretched, and our state also has the largest number of incarcerated illegal criminal immigrants of any state in the U.S. We must ensure that California is properly compensated for managing the costs associated with this issue.

I am an ardent opponent of so called amnesty proposals that would naturalize large segments of the illegal immigrant population, and I have heard from many businesses, ranchers, farmers, high-tech companies, and small business owners in my district who not only would be damaged if the status quo continues, many of them would go out of business. I also oppose issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. As Congress considers future immigration legislation, I will factor your recommendations into my decision making.

Thank you again for sharing your views. I am proud to serve California's Eleventh District, and I am committed to working hard for you. If you would like more information about the issues I am working on in Congress, I encourage you to visit my website at www.mcnerney.house.gov.

I don't take responsibility for the crazy actions of my state....There is so much going on here that i disagree with. I have friends that live in the midwest that give me such a hard time for living here...but at the same time they know it has nothing to do with me personally. In my opinion CA is a lost cause....its just going from bad to worse all the time. You know is bad when you meet people traveling in our country and get embarrassed to say where you're from, you know? Crazy! But i don't put up with the finger pointing....thats nonsense. Our Gov. Arnold can't seem to get a budget...everyone blames the it on the retirements or pensions but no one will say outloud....HEY ..Could it possibly be because the Illegals are sucking the life out of our state? Uh huh....You know they are!

SSU...Our kids are at that age where everyone is graduating and we had a few graduate from there this year. Its a great school. Did you notice that when you look into scholarships that there are more for for hispanics, asians, etc, etc etc? Hey...where are the caucasion scholarships? LOL....It was beyond frustrating for us when our kids were getting ready to apply for college! I think our kids should apply for those anyways, and when turned down ...we can sue them for discrimination! LOL..

Im glad you got a response to your letter...its good to hear that they are hearing us....with elections coming up , i wonder how many will be honest with their beliefs and care about what the citizens want to do whats right....so many now days just say what ever it takes to get the vote and then do what ever they please.

MontereySherry is right about Californian's being labled as mostly all liberals.

The problem is that those of us who are conservative, law abiding, taxpayers work for a living and cannot show up in the thousands at protest rallys.

The only practical action we can take is VOTE. If we fail to do that then we deserve the government we get.

cavmom - You are right about most of the scholarships throughout Ca going to everyone but caucasion kids, but I have to say mine is as caucasion as you get but SSU really worked with her. The other day she was checking her financial aid package and found due to her high grades last year they had increased her scholarships and grants another $5,000 so now she has a full ride. The only problem she has is getting seats in the required classes.

congratulations to your daughter! Thats great news!

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    And I went to a Japanese fast food restaurant last night and the guy standing behind the open order counter was yakking away on a cell phone in Spanish and giving side comments, also in Spanish, to his female cohort beside him. Never mind that we were standing right in front of him trying to order something. Anything like this while being on the job in public really hacks me off. Why should I pay American dollars to a joint like that? I called them to strongly complain today.