Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Open-Borders Lobby's Attempts to Silence Its Critics

Mark Krikorian
    NRO Contributor

February 11, 2009, 4:00 a.m.

Free Speech Is Great, But . . .
    The open-borders lobby's attempts to silence its critics.

By Mark Krikorian

Across the West we see efforts to restrict free expression of political ideas related to immigration. We’re familiar with what’s been happening in Europe: not only the Muhammad-cartoon riots in Denmark, but more recently a court in Holland applying Saudi blasphemy rules to a local politician. There was also a U.N. resolution passed in December prohibiting defamation of Islam with the goal of making such defamation a crime under international law.

Accusations of “Islamophobiaâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya, your free to speak as long as you say what I want to hear and do what I want you to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Excellent article. Thanks, Texas2Step.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're welcome, MW.

A well constructed, well written exposé.

Thank God for the First Amendment.

HEY

I didnt see any of those open borders groups supporting the palastinian bid to a path to citizenship in Israel. How odd...

Here is the website of the Center for Immigration Studies, of which Krikorian is Executive Director:
    http://www.cis.org/

Follow up from Mark Krikorian about the above column posted in the NRO:
    -----

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Speech for You! [Mark Krikorian]

Carol Iannone (who blogs over at Phi Beta Cons) shared with me a good point about my piece on the homepage about the open borders crowd's jihad against free speech. While it's implicit in the piece, I didn't explicitly point out that what the attacks by the SPLC, La Raza, MALDEF, et al. demonstrate is that there is no skepticism regarding mass immigration that they don't consider "intolerant" or "hateful" or whatever the epithet du jour is. As Carol puts it, "Only complete and total ecstasy at continuing mass immigration is acceptable."

It's not just that they disagree with the immigration hawks' policy preferences, but rather that they consider any deviation from the open-borders position to be immoral by definition. This echoes a point I've made before, that open borders are the immutable value of the Left; they will sacrifice any other interest or constituency rather than support tighter immigration laws, including the interests of blue-collar workers, blacks, the environment, free speech, population control, anything.

02/11 03:48 PM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... ZjMDM1YzQ=

This echoes a point I've made before, that open borders are the immutable value of the Left; they will sacrifice any other interest or constituency rather than support tighter immigration laws, including the interests of blue-collar workers, blacks, the environment, free speech, population control, anything.
    It is a simple strategy. Without open borders, the SPCC/NAU concept cannot be fully exploited. On the other hand, with open borders the OBL advocates and their far left backers can ensure the complete destruction of the US within 10 years. Open borders is the key to their success and they know it. Open borders is the US's Achilles heel, and unfortunately, not enough US citizens realize it.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Re: HEY

Quote Originally Posted by Tbow009
    I didnt see any of those open borders groups supporting the palastinian bid to a path to citizenship in Israel. How odd...

That's right!

Just as none of them advocate for open borders in Mexico allowing millions from other countries to freely move in, displace Mexican workers, demand freebies from the government, full boat education, and all of the other entitlements of "God given human rights"

Gee.....I wonder why that is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast