Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter to Governor Schwarzenegger: Veto SB 1301 and SB

Open Letter to Governor Schwarzenegger: Veto SB 1301 and SB 60

September 5, 2008

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
    State Capitol Building
    Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger:

As California continues to fall deeper and deeper into debt and begins the third month of the new fiscal year without an approved budget, one would expect state legislators from both parties to do everything possible to achieve a balanced budget, without imposing additional taxes on California citizens in these trying times.

Unfortunately, rather than working to narrow the budget deficit, some legislators are actually working on programs that would increase the deficit by authorizing foolish spending for special interests.

Specifically, the state legislature recently passed SB 1301, a reckless proposal submitted by Gilbert Cedillo (D-Los Angeles), that would, if enacted, provide financial assistance to illegal aliens for education.

Simply put, this bill would use taxpayer money to assist individuals who have no legal right to be in America, i.e., people who should be deported, rather than subsidized.

Governor, many citizens in California are in the midst of grave financial circumstances, the likes of which have not been seen since the Great Depression.

Citizens are losing their jobs and homes in record numbers, while the state of California is already sixteen billion dollars in the red.

In addition, California's schools are not performing properly. A recent article in the Los Angeles Times reports that just 48 percent of the state's high schools are able to meet No Child Left Behind federal standards.

Clearly, the very last thing that legislators should be working to achieve is additional spending, especially when it involves funneling money to people who should not even be here to begin with.

Concerned citizens have an obligation to ask why in the world so-called public servants are concerning themselves with providing financial benefits to illegal aliens when so many American citizens are in desperate need?

That simply does not make any sense, even in the best of boom times, much less during periods of severe economic downturn.

In addition to the carnage proposed in SB 1301, Senator Cedillo has again polluted the legislative process with his annual attempt to grant driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

In 2008, Cedillo's frivolous proposal is SB 60.

Some may feel compelled to credit Senator Cedillo for his consistency in working on behalf of illegal aliens; however, Cedillo's persistent efforts to undermine the interests of American citizens is a reprehensible dereliction of his responsibility to U.S. citizens.

Accordingly, I urge you to veto both SB 60 and SB 1301 as soon as those hideous bills arrive in your office.

Californians deeply appreciate the fact that year after year you have protected we the people from the ravages of Senator Cedillo and his fondness for serving illegal aliens, a most unworthy special interest.

We are counting on your veto pen to continue the fine tradition of keeping California "Cedillo free" for another year!

Sincerely,

John W. Lillpop
    San Jose, CA

Wow saveamerica, that is a wonderful letter. Let's hope the governor does the right thing. I called and e-mailed his office too. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Wow saveamerica, that is a wonderful letter. Let's hope the governor does the right thing. I called and e-mailed his office too. God help us.
    What is his e-mail address?

Quote Originally Posted by saveamerica
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    What is his e-mail address?
    Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
    State Capitol Building
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    Phone: 916-445-2841
    Fax: 916-558-3160
    Email at:
    http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

I still haven't been able to find any space to type in a comment on the guv's website. They have a lot of categories, but then no room for a comment. Any suggestions? I'm not a Californian but I know that as soon as that state implodes we will get the fallout next door.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I still haven't been able to find any space to type in a comment on the guv's website. They have a lot of categories, but then no room for a comment. Any suggestions? I'm not a Californian but I know that as soon as that state implodes we will get the fallout next door.
    Click on the link provided above. It will take you to his website, then click on e-mail the governor. I think you will need to type in your name and what subject you are writing about. Then I think you needed to click submit, and then you can write out your e-mail. I hope this help's Captinron!!