Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An Open Letter to the Idiots of the World

My Friend Wrote This and I Just Have to Share it

An Open Letter to the Idiots of the World

Okay, I think I’ve had enough of all the rhetoric and sheer idiocy of so many people in the world who not only wish me and mine ill, but wish to control every aspect of my life. As an American, I’ve been blessed by God (yes, GOD – you know, that Supreme Being we’re not allowed to talk about anymore?) to have been born in a nation where I have certain rights that were given to me by Him. Yes, my Creator, God, not a panel of idiots who have managed to get themselves elected to office so many times they feel they know better than I what is good for me.

So, here’s a list to those who wish to tell me how to live my life, and just what my response to them is. If you don’t agree, I truly don’t mind. You see, that is your choice, and whether you believe in Him or not, that choice is the gift He’s given you. You will deal with the consequences of your own choice.

To President Obama: You are not the “Prophetâ€

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    james, good letter, and needed at this time.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Part of the problem with that letter is that he/she needs to speak for themselves...Don't say 'we' when you mean 'I'...

A lot of people really wanted Health Care reform...Some didn't...I still want Health-Care reform...I want a public option...And I don't want people to lose their houses, or die because they can't afford Health Insurance...And yeah, it would be fine with me to get 'single payer' through the state...

And I don't know why you use the words 'prophet', or 'new god' referring to Obama...I live in 'Obama country'...And I know crowds of people who voted for Obama - they never use those kinds of terms - and never thought of him at all like that...Every time I've read those terms - they are coming from people who didn't vote for him...

Don't think Obama has been treasonous...Haven't heard a legal case for that either...

I do agree 'both sides' in this country get absolutely ridiculous...One of the interesting things is both sides have the exact same criticisms of each other...People on both sides have valid criticisms...and also project a lot on 'the other'...

And the most important Hell to watch out for, is the one we create here on Earth...

Good letter, but I do take exception on one point: Not all of us are of the Christian faith, and I feel it is presumptuous to assume so. I am a non Christian, as I follow the beliefs of my ancestors (from both sides of the ocean!). THere are ALOT more of us than the author realizes. I have absolutely no problem with someone of the Christian faith, and I will defend to the death their right to follow their beliefs. I think it is the true spirit of America that I have that right as well. I think there was a little something in the Constituion about 'freedom of religion'. There were a couple of other minor points I didn't 100% go along with, but for the most parts I am in accord with the general principle.

Serpentione, the fact that the majority DID NOT support the health care bill is what is upsetting

Ghostbear. true not all are christians, but we were founded as a country on that basic belief and the belief that one can worship what they so choose, the fact is that over 90 percent of americans deem themselves to be christian

This is an excellent letter. Every part of it reflects my beliefs.
    No Amnesty! An average of 25 Americans are killed every day by illegal alien criminals that have no right to be here.