Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Opinion and Question: Please Respond

Hello,

I am a supporter of Jim Gilchrist, and recently emailed him, but did not receive a response (he is probably overwhelmed.) So, I wanted to put this out there:

Question: Does the governor of a border state with Mexico have the authority to use his state's National Guard, to help with surveillance along the international border, as long as those troops stay within their state (to notify the Border Patrol when illegals are crossing, or even detain them until Border Patrol arrives?)

Opinion: Are there any industries where foreign workers (perhaps seasonal) would be useful to our economy? I believe that in hospitality, restaurants, construction, and most industries, we already have the manpower among our legal residents and citizens to fill job needs. However, agriculture may be an area where seasonal workers (who would come for 3 or 4 months, then return home) might be helpful.

Also, in the area of medicine, engineering, and mathematics, but that's a miniscule number of people needed to assist us.

I am just curious about your thoughts. I am not in favor of a guest worker program or amnestry, but there may be exceptions to the rule, and I was curious as to what those may be.

Thanks,

The Ostrich
    Alexandria, VA

Yes I would say Jim has been and is very busy. I would not hold it against him since he probable does most of his own email work.

The National Guard:
    The Army National Guard (ARNG) is one component of The Army (which consists of the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserves.) The Army National Guard is composed primarily of traditional Guardsmen -- civilians who serve their country, state and community on a part-time basis (usually one weekend each month and two weeks during the summer.) Each state, territory and the District of Columbia has its own National Guard, as provided for by the Constitution of the United States.

The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.

In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo for stabilization operations and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating.
    http://www.arng.army.mil/About_Us/

Yes, I think we need some legal immigrants in some of the agriculture field, as labor and only those who come here legally. They should only be here during the season that they are need for harvest/planting etc. No to all other fields of employment.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank You

It sounds like a governor really can't use the National Guard at the international border, unless it was declared a State Emergency area. It sounds like the National Guard being used at the border would be more of a Federal Government responsibility, if I am understanding correctly.

I thought I read about someone running for an office in CA or AZ who wanted to use the National Guard at the border, along with Border Patrol and civilian volunteers and State Rangers. The other three entities would be appropriate, but if he became a governor, it doesn't sound like he could really use the National Guard in that manner. I guess he could ask the President to deploy them at the border, but I don't know how much influence he would have.

I agree about the use of the legal immigrants part of the year for agriculture.

The Ostrich

It's my interpretation that the National Guard is to guard the state and protect the citizens from any civil disturbance and herds of illegal aliens flowing down the interstates is most definiately a civil disturbance. The operative word is "guard". The National Guard is to guard the states and the nation and keeping illegal agents out is part of Guardship, just like a Guard at a Gate to keep unauthorized persons out of the complex or facility...in this case a state or nation.

There already exists a mammoth seasonal ag-worker program that has been in effect for decades in more than adequate numbers. The amount of land being farmed is shrinking drastically every year. North Carolina loses 400 acres a day to development. Arizona loses 50 acres AN HOUR to development, for two examples.

There is no need at all for increased numbers of Ag Workers as the number of acres in Ag is declining as so should the numbers.

The problem is lack of immigration control. The Ag Workers cheat and have gone off to higher work in construction, the trades, their own illegal businesses...when they may have entered on a Ag Worker Visa.

Ag Workers are to come, work, collect their money and LEAVE.

But in our lawless society, no one leaves. Instead they call their 50 familiy members and tell them, "hey, I just got a house, come on" and then the 50 come because we let the 1 in on a temporary Ag Worker Visa.

It's all a SHAM.

There are so many more people here than jobs, we actually need a MORATORIUM until it all gets straightened out.

With a declining job market losing jobs every year, why would we need to increase our population with foreign nationsl for any reason?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My position on the Ag workers is that, for NOW, we just need the moratorium on ANY temporary work visas. My guess is that there are plenty already here LEGALLY to do those jobs until we can get this mess straightened out.

As for the National Guard, two border states have already DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY in their states so it sure seems to me that THEY, at least, would have the authority to put the Guard on their borders. BUT, remember--where or where has our National Guard gone? Oh, where oh where could they be??? Seems like they are stretched MIGHTY THIN over there fighting Bush's WAR OF CHOICE rather than doing what they are CHARGED TO DO which is to protect AMERICA from invasion and to protect AMERICA's borders. FRANKLY, I don't give a flip about Iraq's borders. If THIS MANIAC that we have for a President hadn't bought into CHENIAC'S story, AND that of all of his NEO-CON buddies, hook, line and sinker, we would have OUR National Guard to protect OUR BORDERS.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Dont some border states already use the National Guard to help secure the "offical points of entry"?

Also what exactly is a "State Ranger"? Im assuming its like a state Park Ranger or something?

You've got me, Chris!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I think exceptions to the rules is what got us into this pickle in the first place.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)