Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't know if you saw this that I posted elswhere but it might be time for a repeat. One of my sons went to a prestigious local public and land grant university associated with a family of career specialties (the applied sciences). Every year tons of foreign students would enroll (they almost entirely filled a huge university apartment complex). Usually in the macho majors like engineering and math. Before too many months went by, a goodly number would be drowning, and some would flunk out or drop out, while others would switch to less demanding majors. Many of them would flunk or drop out of the less demanding majors, too. It's like they'd fallen for the myth of superior foreign brainpower that they keep telling themselves and us, and then found out that it was harder than they'd imagined and we weren't all lightweights compared to them. This cycle restarted every year, and it seemed as it the foreign students were being courted for some financial benefit to the school, without regard to their actual aptitude and abilities.

More recently, an article came out that I'm sure I posted here, about some top schools turning down American valedictorians and whiz kids. I naturally wondered if there was some connection.

Many come here on student visas and then try to transfer to an H-1B.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So sad, isn't it? If we didn't have so many of the DUMBEST people sneaking in, we'd have more room for educated immigrants wanting to come in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

The EU wants to become "the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world by 2010." In sharp contrast, caught in an acerbic debate over illegal immigration, and touting ambitions to build walls and fortifications, the U.S. gives the impression of a giant tottering in his steps.
    Well, Ramnath, we are touting ambitions to build walls and fortifications to keep out low-skilled, uneducated workers so we CAN allow higher educated workers in, you knothead! And if you don't like our numbers of legal entries, too bad.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I guarentee you we brought in way more people last year than we created jobs....this is plain crap...BS, I ain't buying it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    More recently, an article came out that I'm sure I posted here, about some top schools turning down American valedictorians and whiz kids. I naturally wondered if there was some connection.

Many come here on student visas and then try to transfer to an H-1B.
    Sounds exactly like Michigan State University. There seems to be a mania by professors to have Chinese and Indian graduate student assistants. As a result most American students cannot get spots at university research labs doing grunt work which is a necessity for getting post-doctoral research positions later on. Americans are frozen out with the bigoted stereotype of not "being on the cutting edge" or "not having talent" for this type of work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12