Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Oprah: old racists ‘have to die’ to achieve racial progress

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oprah, Obama and the racism dodge

However, a lack of evidence hasn’t stopped countless liberals, editorial boards, pundits and stand-up comics, not to mention administration officials, from propagating the idea that Obama’s problems boil down to the irrational (racial) bigotry of his opponents.
    Written By : Jonah Goldberg
    November 20, 2013

In Britain to promote her film “The Butler,” Oprah Winfrey gave an interview to the BBC last week. Not surprisingly, she promoted her movie about race relations in the White House with comments about race relations and the White House.

The BBC’s Will Gompertz asked: “Has it ever crossed your mind that some of the treatment of Obama and the challenges he’s faced and some of the reporting he’s received is because he’s an African-American?”

Now there’s a fresh take.

Either Gompertz has been handcuffed to a radiator in someone’s windowless basement for the last five years or, more likely, he was riffing off the suggested questions Winfrey’s PR team handed out to interviewers. Neither explanation would lift the stench of staleness from the question — or the answer.

Winfrey responded: “Has it ever crossed my mind? … Probably it’s crossed my mind more times than it’s crossed your mind. Just the level of disrespect. When the senator yelled out, ‘You’re a liar’ — remember that? Yeah, I think that there is a level of disrespect for the office that occurs, and that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African-American.”

Now it’s true that Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) should not have shouted “You lie!” (whether or not it was a lie) at the president during his health-care address to Congress. But the evidence that Wilson was motivated by racism is simply nonexistent.

However, a lack of evidence hasn’t stopped countless liberals, editorial boards, pundits and stand-up comics, not to mention administration officials, from propagating the idea that Obama’s problems boil down to the irrational bigotry of his opponents.

Looking for examples of this relentless smear is like hunting for sand at the beach. In July, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told the NAACP that the same people who opposed the Civil Rights Act and anti-lynching laws were opposing Obamacare. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) made similar arguments. And from what I can tell, so has virtually every host on MSNBC (except for Joe Scarborough). In one way or another they subscribe to Chris Matthews’ view that opposition to Obama and Obamacare is driven by faith in white supremacy.

It’s all very stupid and lazy. When President Clinton tried to transform health care in the 1990s, conservatives opposed the effort hammer and tongs. But when they mount the same battle with an even more liberal president who happens to be black, the only logical conclusion is that racism is afoot. George W. Bush is pretty white, and he was shown ample disrespect. You can look it up.

This is not to say there aren’t racists — even in the GOP — who don’t like the president and his agenda. It’s just that you don’t need to leap to racism to understand the criticisms of Obama and his agenda. If the man were white, the argument about Obamacare wouldn’t change one iota, at least not for conservatives.

For liberals, it’s not so clear. Since Democrats steamrolled the Affordable Care Act into law, its defenders have acted as if any opposition to the law is irrational, extremist, absurd and, of course, racist. They gave themselves license to dismiss all inconvenient facts simply by impugning the motives of those who point them out.

Just days before HealthCare.gov crashed on takeoff, Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who has often suggested that the president’s opponents are bigots, railed on the Senate floor: “Obamacare has been the law for four years. Why don’t they get a life and talk about something else?”

“We are going to accept nothing that relates to Obamacare,” he added. “Let them find something else to be weird about.”

In recent polls, 58 percent of Americans have a negative view of the health-care law, 54 percent disapprove of Obama and 50 percent think he isn’t honest or trustworthy. Are they all racists and weirdos?

Winfrey, a billionaire twice over thanks in no small part to her popularity among whites, told the BBC that the older generation of bigots may “just have to die” before America can get past racism. In 2012, 60 percent of voters under 30 voted for Obama. Now more than half view him negatively. I hope Winfrey doesn’t think they need to die too.

(Jonah Goldberg is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and editor-at-large of National Review Online. You can write to him in care of this newspaper or by e-mail at goldbergcolumn@gmail.com, or via Twitter @JonahNRO.)

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-...-racism-dodge/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    3 hours ago by John DeMayo

An Honest Discussion about Racism, because Oprah’s Party is Marinated in It

3 Comments

Sometimes I am purposely a dollar short and a day late when commenting on the media's distractive stories. In my opinion, Oprah Winfrey's controversial public remarks faulting racism for President Obama's ongoing fall from public grace, are---in part---accurate. I cannot deny the existence of racism in America, especially when one takes an honest look at the Democrat Party history.

Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is skilled at using deception and false vilification to benefit her career. Ever since her meteoric celebrity ascendancy, Winfrey has played a loud, proud and lucrative role in propagating dangerous myths---designed to mislead minorities and women---that she and the Democrats are the noble champions of advancement for the disadvantaged.

It is not necessary to mine pre-Civil Rights American history to find racism's main vein. The latter half of the 20th century should be sufficient to prove Oprah's assertions valid. Let's have a good long look.

To quote Winfrey, "There are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die." She makes a valid point.

In 1964, racially marinated Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat, was forced by Republicans to sign Civil Rights legislation.

This Republican authored law outlawed discrimination against blacks and women, ended unequal application of voter registration regulations and eliminated school segregation.

It was Johnson's party, the Democrats, who opposed and filibustered this bill. Democrat Strom Thurmond (SC) led fervent opposition to this legislation, publicly condemning it as "unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extended beyond the realm of reason."

Almost immediately after Democrat opposed Civil Rights and Affirmative Action became law, black America saw their job opportunities and wages rise significantly. For the next thirty years, Democrats would claim ownership to Civil rights advocacy by passing laws and funding programs benefiting black America.

By the 1990's, as a result of these Democrat policies, America was experiencing an unhealthy level of minority unemployment and government dependency.

Contrary to the current Democrat narrative, it was the Republican Party and their conservative base, who forced then Democrat President Bill Clinton, to agree to legislation reforming an out of control US welfare system.

These reforms, which required an individual to be working to receive benefits decreased overall government dependency and increased the national employment rate, especially among black Americans.

Moreover, minority communities, post "Contract with America," experienced astounding increases in black business ownership as well as increases in black median income. And, once again, the Democrats were left with egg on their face.

After successful welfare reform, Democrat popularity among minorities became uncertain. Therefore, Democrats began to push another false cause wrapped in a myth, affordable home ownership for minorities. Black Americans (and others) rejoiced and dived head first into home ownership creating a felonious housing boom. Right up until the time the economy hiccupped, adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) went through the roof, foreclosure rates among minorities (and others) began to rise, housing values plummeted, and he US economy took a turn for the worst.

As the US economy tanked, unemployment rates among black Americans broke historical records. Black American poverty and government dependency grew at levels not seen since the Great Depression. Democrats immediately began selling this crisis as a racist Republican Presidential blunder. They promised black America to set things right, and Oprah Winfrey jumped in to help them get the job done.

Democrats and Oprah claimed it would require a black Democrat, Barrack Hussein Obama, to get racist America back on a fairer track.

During his first two years as President, Obama enjoyed total control of our Congress and the Executive Branch. He and his party chose (as priorities) ending the war on terror, bailing out Wall Street, healthcare reform and ending global warming. Democrat Senate Majority leader Harry Reid and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi pushed and passed Obama's pro-minority, pro-women, pro-choice, pro-climate change, pro-immigrant and pro-union agenda. It would cost Americans---which includes black Americans---$8 Trillion dollars in US debt.

The following are real consequences of the failing Obama Agenda---opposed by Winfrey alleged racists---brought to black America:

An unreformed and more expensive Healthcare system.

Real unemployment among black American males is (conservatively) over 19%. Among black females, unemployment is higher. The black poverty rate has risen to over 30%. Black households headed by a single mother have the highest rate of poverty at 47.5 %.

Record numbers of blacks are living in government housing (section 8 ), receive TANF cash assistance (welfare checks), relying on the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program and are dependent on government provided Medicaid Health Insurance.

Under Democrat Presidential leadership, if blacks manage to graduate from a Public High School (favored by a plurality of Democrats over Charter Schools) Black American students---in obscene numbers---do so without grade level, reading, writing and math skills. Moreover, they cannot master the basic college level curriculum necessary to obtain a worthwhile degree.

Democrat's annual $500 Million dollar subsidy for "women's reproductive services" provided by Planned Parenthood---founded by a racist named Margaret Sanger and praised by Oprah Winfrey---has also had a profound effect on America's black community.

Under current Democrat policies, the rate of abortion among black women is 4 times greater than among white women. Black women account for 13% of the female population, yet one third of the 900,000 babies aborted yearly in America are black. Forty-eight percent of Black female teens have been diagnosed with a STD, and black women between the ages of 15 to 19 are twenty times more likely to have HIV.

These are the Democrat policies (poverty, subjugation, pestilence and genocide),---Obama supported policies and consequences---that are destroying black America. Knock yourself out, Oprah. Call us what you will, but at least our hands---unlike yours and your failing Presidents---are not stained with the blood of black American families who have no productive place in your manufactured Utopia.

Personally, I'm not sure how much more un-opposed Obama agenda American blacks can take from Democrat hearts historically "marinated in racism." Perhaps Oprah could do a movie about that. If she lost a little weight, she could even play racist Michelle or Valerie Jarrett.

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Google Plus.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/ho...rty-marinated/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

FlyoverCulture.com

Oprah Winfrey says that much of the criticism of Barack Obama is based in racism. Retired Lt. Colonel Robert Gray has written a passionate, articulate response to Oprah and all those on the Left who question why anyone would disagree or dislike the policies of this President:

For all of my adult life I have lived and worked in very hard professions....

As a Safety professional in the Explosives and Chemical industries, each day I made decisions which literally meant the difference between life, severe injury and or death. If I failed to properly inspect a job site, piece of equipment, or a process the personnel operating in that area would have been injured or killed. In 20 years no person was ever killed or injured following a procedure I approved. The individual who replaced me did not take her responsibility seriously and killed a worker because she approved an unsafe process. (I had disapproved that process on numerous occasions).

As a Military Officer I was responsible for my actions and all of the actions of persons under my command/ control. President Obama has refuses to take responsibility for his decisions. He constantly blames others for his failure to respond to the economic situation. He has been President for five years. The economic situation by all indicators has not improved. The base number is the number of persons who have moved totally out of the workforce.

His handling of foreign affairs is abysmal. Saudi Arabia is actively seeking other options than the US for its continued existence. Obama unilaterally abrogated the Camp David Accords when he said that Israel should return to its pre-1967 boundaries.

Most telling to me is his work to destroy the US Military. He is actively purging any Officer who has the courage to speak the truth. Major General Brady (Congressional Medal of Honor) spoke openly and bluntly about this purge of senior officers. He also spoke of the fact that the best and brightest Col and LTC were looking elsewhere to careers outside of the DOD. These are the men and women who do the real work of developing the future military. Colin Powell's greatest work was done when he was a Col. on a staff which redesigned the Army and made the spectacular success of Desert I and II possible.

The debacles of Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Syria and the announcement of a date certain for withdrawal from Afghanistan show just how naive and out of touch he is.

Finally, I abhor a liar.

It is now confirmed that at the time he made the first of his "You can keep your insurance and Doctor statements" he knew that statement was FALSE. Knowing this statement to be false he continued to repeat it.

His administration has selectively enforced laws, be it voting rights, IRS targeting of his opponents or EPA actions to destroy key industries. We no longer have lead smelting in the US.

It comes down to trust. I do not trust the man. If I do not trust a person I will not associate with him nor will I support him.

To summarize my assessment of President Obama I ask the same question I as of all salesmen, and potential employers.

"Would I buy a used car from him"?
    For Obama, the answer the answer is NO.

LTC (retired) Robert Gray

Finally, I abhor a liar.
    You can lie to me one time slick; and you blew it about 10,000 lies ago

Now... you could tell me the truth and I'll look at you like the Broke A@@ that you are and NOT Believe a DAMN THING you just said
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    He isn't the only one this is thier new war cry!!!!! We need to ground these mouths into the dust!!!The very least they need to lead by example!!!

Check this one out!!!

American Patriot

Liberal Professor: White Males are Cancer; Don’t Deserve to Live | The Liberty Digest http://ow.ly/ravKz

Liberal Professor: White Males are Cancer; Don't Deserve to Live

ow.ly
    A white male liberal college professor, upon retiring, gave a ranting speech condemning all white males as “cancer” that “don't deserve to live.”...

A white male liberal college professor, upon retiring, gave a ranting speech condemning all white males as “cancer” that “don’t deserve to live.” Professor Noel Ignatiev, retiring from Massachusetts College, gave the ranting speech, The Diversity Chronicle reported last week.

If you are a white male, you don’t deserve to live. You are a cancer, you’re a disease, white males have never contributed anything positive to the world! They only murder, exploit and oppress non-whites! At least a white woman can have sex with a black man and make a brown baby but what can a white male do? He’s good for nothing. Slavery, genocides against aboriginal peoples and massive land confiscation, the inquisition, the holocaust, white males are all to blame! You maintain your white male privilege only by oppressing, discriminating against and enslaving others,” Ignatiev ranted.

Reportedly, Professor Ignatiev got a standing ovation from his class of most white, middle class students. Critics objected to the speech, especially the advice that white males should committ suicide, to which Ignatiev responded, “I chalk it all up to white supremacist attitudes. The goal of destroyig the white race is simple so desirable, it bobbles the mind trying to understand how anyone could possibly object to it.”

The professsor called for “all white need to be destroyed…they are behind most of history’s great attrocities.”

Ignatiev also said, “Obama is president, and I think there is an excellent chance that we will never have a white male president again. I think we are witnessing the breaking of the back of the white male power structure. We will still have residual white males that must be dealt with, but I am confident that we’ve won.”

Ironically, the professor is a white male himself. If he really believes society would be better if white males committed suicide, why doesn’t he lead by example?

If you enjoyed reading this article, please like Dean’s facebook page and read more Free Patriot articles here.

http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/11/...serve-to-live/
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Banned

Yes, the “Mark of the Beast” is present in D.C today, three times over, under the aliases of Obama, Reid and Pelosi. It is a sad thing to say, but history’s worst of the worst that massacred millions of people can’t hold a candle to this trio of demons. At least the Hitlers of the world openly persecuted, tortured, imprisoned and killed those subjects considered to be unworthy. But these contemporary 666ers choose to covertly suck the humanity and individuality, even the very spirit from their subjects so as to create a permanent, dependent society that will forever follow. All in the name of WE KNOW BEST FOR YOU, YOU ARE SIMPLY NOT CAPABLE OF MANAGING YOU OWN SELF BEING.

Daily I watch the ever increasing carnage wrought on the American populace by these power hungry Progressive “leaders”, aided and abetted by their followers in congress and the Supreme Court and soon the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit which will provide the required absolute “authority” for the number one 666, Hussein Obama himself. With only three years left and lacking control of the House he realized the Constitution and the conservative members of Congress were in his way of destroying this Republic and thus decided to bypass all principals of Constitutional governance to achieve his goal. And all it took was two accomplices! Actually, only one, but he just couldn’t deny his female partner in evil the credit of being by his side!

For those of you that believe he and his programs will fail may I remind you that we were already better than halfway there when he took office: Medicare, Social Security, another fifty million plus on government assistance, and God knows how many millions of illegal aliens chomping at the bit to help him redistribute the wealth. Makes reshaping the federal courts a slam dunk – you know how proficient he is on the basketball court – and socialized medicine, recognized by all good socialists and communists as the final thread in the process of destroying personal liberty and freedom, was put in place as the “law of the land”. Like all big government programs it will never be repealed. Yes, there may be some “modifications” but Uno 666 will never sign off on anything that restores personal choice and responsibility and by the time he is out of office the masses will be sucked in.

It is not likely that any one of these three is capable of being the “anti-Christ”; I attach the adjective 666 to them to illustrate that evil is evil regardless of the pretense and that their actions are elements of the transformation of human culture preceding the anti-Christ era. I pray that I am wrong, but I see what I see. One last note – I am now told that I say these things about Obama because I am racist, not because I see the wrongness and yes, EVIL, of Obama’s policies. Just ask Oprah Winfrey!

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/11/thr...dCTXlWaHWlI.99

Obama Gives Obama-Worshipper Oprah Presidential Medal of Freedom

"Michelle and I count ourselves among her many devoted fans and friends."

On Wednesday, President Obama presented media mogul Oprah Winfrey with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, just days after Winfrey told the BBC that Americans disrespected President Obama thanks to his race. In promoting her new movie, The Butler, Oprah has repeatedly labeled the American people racist, including explaining that a whole generation of people “born and bred and marinated” in racism would have to die out to end racism.

Obama feted Winfrey by comparing himself to her:

Early in Oprah Winfrey’s career, her bosses told her she should change her name to Susie. I have to pause here to say I got the same advice. They didn’t say I should be named ‘Susie,’ but they suggested I should change my name. People can relate to Susie, that’s what they said. It turned out, surprisingly, that people could relate to Oprah just fine.”

He then added that Winfrey was an inspirational American figure who helps Americans “discover the best in ourselves” – a unique perspective given Oprah’s statements about America’s racist nature. Obama stated:
    In more than 4,500 episodes of her show, her message was always, “You can.” “You can do and you can be and you can grow and it can be better.” And she was living proof, rising from a childhood of poverty and abuse to the pinnacle of the entertainment universe. But even with 40 Emmys, the distinction of being the first black female billionaire, Oprah’s greatest strength has always been her ability to help us discover the best in ourselves. Michelle and I count ourselves among her many devoted fans and friends. As one of those fans wrote, “I didn’t know I had a light in me until Oprah told me it was there.” What a great gift.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obam...-medal-freedom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast