Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Orange Cty, NC Senator response to HB 1942

Response from Ellie "Illegals should be able to vote" Kinnard. Here is her email if your in Orange county and would like to email the esteemed senator -- Kinnairdla@ncleg.net .

Immigration is a hot topic this year, both nationally and in North Carolina. I have enjoyed learning about the role immigration has played in our history, to help place it in the perspective of today’s issues.

One of the driving forces over our history has been the need for a work force - usually at the bottom. Farm labor played a role in immigration when we were an agrarian society mostly from England. When industry developed explosively in the 19th century and early 20th century, cheap labor from eastern Europe and Italy were imported by the shipload. According to Mae M. Ngai, a University of Chicago History Professor, those immigrants were not considered illegal because of the few restrictions on immigration at the time. After one to five years, they became full citizens. ("Chinese were the exception, excluded on grounds of ‘unassimilability.'") Now we have a similar situation: our birth rate is low and we don’t have enough strong young workers to fill jobs that businesses need.

Many people are worried about immigrants from Mexico becoming citizens. Because it is so dangerous to get to this country, those entering illegally cannot go back to be with their families for years and years. Most do not want to stay permanently in the U.S., but because it is so dangerous to re-enter the country, the only good option is to bring their families here. Once established in the U.S., and children are born here, they have roots that compels them to stay.

In addition to being dangerous to cross the border, many are pressed into the drug trade by the "coyotes"as payment for their passage.

A possible solution would be to have open borders where workers could come when there are jobs, but go home at any time, including when they have sent back enough money to build their small house, grow vegetables and buy a few animals for a sustainable food source. That was the goal of the families we visited in Mexico. With NAFTA, we have the free flow of goods, but not the people who produce those goods.

People complain that immigrants are not paying for the services they use, the schools, medical care and services. But income tax is withheld from undocumented workers paychecks, but out of fear, they don't ask for any refund due. They also pay into Social Security, but can't get it out because they have false numbers. Sales taxes and property taxes on cars and houses, are contributed to our revenues.

I am disturbed about the denial of drivers licenses to undocumented workers. This is a safety issue since no license means no insurance.

The downside of illegal immigration is that it drives down wages for Americans. We have yet to find a decent solution without open borders to allow people to come when there is work, but go home permanently to their own country when there is not or they have earned enough to return to their homes.

Response from Ellie "Illegals should be able to vote" Kinnard
    Sorry, That part alone PO me to much to even reply.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

How did this woman ever get elected! Since she is so concerned with having a good supply of cheap labor, maybe we should bring back slavery, to go along with the open borders that she wants. Any attempt at a logical discussion with this person would be a useless waste of time.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

The "conditioned" mind is an amazing and at the same time sad thing to observe. Searching for answers to the questions it cannot formulate.

Its obvious since the intrusion of the government into our educational system the goal of assisting young people to develop critical thinking skills has been abandoned like so many other skills.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Her district is Carborro and Chapel Hill aka the liberal bastions of NC home of UNC.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My response

My response to her letter:

A quote from your letter which I will forward to many North Carolina voters who are interested in your "out of touch" take on illegal immigration:

"People complain that immigrants are not paying for the services they use, the schools, medical care and services. But income tax is withheld from undocumented workers paychecks, but out of fear, they don't ask for any refund due. They also pay into Social Security, but can't get it out because they have false numbers. Sales taxes and property taxes on cars and houses, are contributed to our revenues".

My response: Of course they don't ask for refunds, they are felons and using stolen documents which appears to be totally acceptable to you.

"A possible solution would be to have open borders where workers could come when there are jobs, but go home at any time, including when they have sent back enough money to build their small house, grow vegetables and buy a few animals for a sustainable food source. That was the goal of the families we visited in Mexico. With NAFTA, we have the free flow of goods, but not the people who produce those goods.

My response: We have millions of legal AMERICAN felons in our prisons which can do this same work. Why import millions of illegal felons from another country to do it????

"I am disturbed about the denial of drivers licenses to undocumented workers. This is a safety issue since no license means no insurance."

My response: The issuance of a driver's license to anyone undocumented is unacceptable and totally irresponsible. Time will one day tell
    how many driver's licenses have been issued in North Carolina to members of Hesbola and other terrorists organizations who may now move freely across the US with the proper credentials issued by North Carolina. Our North Carolina leadership should be held personally accountable, financially and politically for any and all personal injury incidents and property damage claims caused by an illegal immigrant driving with a N.C. driver's license.

Frankly, I am completely shocked by your views on illegal immigration and how far out of touch you are with your constituents and their wishes. I am posting your letter on many websites in hopes you will soon be replaced by someone that will listen to the majority will of the people.

Dianne XXXXXX

Hard to tell for sure, but it seems Ellie Kinnard held the minority view in the senate on these bills.

Great going again on promoting passage!

I think it's time for Ellie to find a new job.

I wonder what makes Ellie think having a drivers license means they have insurance or even current tags on their cars?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is pretty obvious that Ellie does not have a clue.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast