Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Oregon Senate passed S 424 today!!

Email update I received from OFIR, thought I would share it with all here. Things are looking better in Oregon today.

Today the Oregon Senate passed by a 37 to 1 vote the minority report on Senate Bill 424. The minority report requires that all Oregon driver license applicants prove citizenship or legal presence. In addition it requires a valid Social Security number. A temporary license would be valid only during the time of the applicants authorized stay in the U.S.

Senators Bruce Starr and Larry George deserve a huge thank you from not only OFIR members but all Oregon citizens for bringing the vote to the floor of the Senate. The bill now goes to the Ways and Means Committee.

The bi partison vote that all Senate Democrats and Republicians supported demonstrated the broad support for a secure Oregon driver license. Currently Oregon is one of only 3 states that do not require either proof of legal presence or a valid Social Security number.

It is critical that everyone contact members of the Ways and Means Committee and ask them to hold a hearing on SB 424 and pass it. The cost is minimal, the mechanism for verifing Social Security numbers in place and 41 other states already require proof of legal presence. SB 424 passed by a 37 to 1 vote ! It has bi partison support and the Senate vote reflects public opinion.

If one of your senators is on the list below, make sure that when you call you say that you are one of their consitituents.

Ways and Means Committee Membership:

Sen. Kurt Schrader, Co-Chair,

503-986-1720; sen.kurtschrader@state.or.us

Rep. Mary Nolan, Co-Chair,

503-986-1436; rep.marynolan@state.or.us

Sen. Margaret Carter, Vice-Chair

503-986-1722; sen.margaretcarter@state.or.us

Rep. Nancy Nathanson, Vice-Chair

503-986-1413; rep.nancynathanson@state.or.us

Sen. Alan C Bates

503-986-1703; sen.alanbates@state.or.us

Sen. Richard Devlin

503-986-1719; sen.richarddevlin@state.or.us

Sen. Avel Gordly

503-986-1723; sen.avelgordly@state.or.us

Sen. Betsy Johnson

503-986-1716; sen.betsyjohnson@state.or.us

Sen. Frank Morse

503-986-1708; sen.frankmorse@state.or.us

Sen. David Nelson

503-986-1729; sen.davidnelson@state.or.us

Sen. Joanne Verger

503-986-1705; sen.joanneverger@state.or.us

Sen. Ben Westlund

503-986-1727; sen.benwestlund@state.or.us

Sen. Doug Whitsett

503-986-1728; sen.dougwhitsett@state.or.us

Sen. Jackie Winters

503-986-1710; sen.jackiewinters@state.or.us

Rep. David Edwards

503-986-1430; rep.davidedwards@state.or.us

Rep. Larry Galizio

503-986-1435; rep.larrygalizio@state.or.us

Rep. Bill Garrard

503-986-1456; rep.billgarrard@state.or.us

Rep. Bruce L Hanna

503-986-1407; rep.brucehanna@state.or.us

Rep. Bob Jenson

503-986-1458; rep.bobjenson@state.or.us

Rep. Susan Morgan

503-986-1402; rep.susanmorgan@state.or.us

Rep. Chip Shields

503-986-1443; rep.chipshields@state.or.us

Staffing:
    Ken Rocco
    Gina Rumbaugh
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank god, it's about time. It's about time. Good work Jim Ludwick! I feel safer on the road already. I hope this causes a mass evacuation.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Where on earth have you been? Missed having you around.

This is great, and it is somewhat of a sigh of relief for those of us here in Oregon as this kind of legislation is really hard to get through due to all the bleeding hearts down in Salem.

Next up jecg, a ban on rentals to illegal aliens in Gresham, what do you think?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congradulations !! one step closer for Oregon and it great American citizens!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sosad, I am SO grateful for OFIR, their work down in Salem, and those politicians down their actually doing their jobs. I look forward to having to go into DMV and proving not only I am who I say I am, but also proving I am a citizen of this state and country, I don't mind if it means that illegal aliens no longer have a free pass to rape the system blind with their wrongfully gained license (which DOES give them access to all sorts of social services).

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Sosad, I am SO grateful for OFIR, their work down in Salem, and those politicians down their actually doing their jobs. I look forward to having to go into DMV and proving not only I am who I say I am, but also proving I am a citizen of this state and country, I don't mind if it means that illegal aliens no longer have a free pass to rape the system blind with their wrongfully gained license (which DOES give them access to all sorts of social services).
    You bet I would take every piece of ID including your marriage license when this bill gets passed into law.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Hurray!!!

What a wonderful stroke of common sense--I did not think this would happen in the Oregon legislature.

Thanks for posting this, American Elizabeth. Sen. Bates will be getting an appreciative note from me.

Thank god, in the governor can't do anything about it. It was a blow out win for us.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    Thank god, it's about time. It's about time. Good work Jim Ludwick! I feel safer on the road already. I hope this causes a mass evacuation.

Congratulations Oregon patriots. Unfortunately, I suppose the evacuees will head straight north to Washington state. I'm sure our bleeding heart governor Gregoire will greet them with open arms and sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by legal4mykidsfuture
    Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030

Congratulations Oregon patriots. Unfortunately, I suppose the evacuees will head straight north to Washington state. I'm sure our bleeding heart governor Gregoire will greet them with open arms and sympathy.

WELCOME TANSTAAFL,
    to ALIPAC really glad to have you with us hope your here to join the fight!!

Legal,
    stay positive they are going to return to Mexico because Wash. is to close to Idaho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast