Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From Oregonians for Immigration Reform plus Idaho

One thing not mentioned in this message is that we all know, the enforcement provisions are a lie. The past is the best predictor of the future and we have been lied to since 1986. To date, the bill authorized last year to build the border fence has resulted in 2 miles of fence.

The Bush Administration is not the least bit interested in enforcement of our border laws and once this bill is passed into law, the enforcement provisions will soon be forgotten. ENFORCEMENT WILL NEVER HAPPEN UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF GEORGE BUSH. THINGS WILL BE WORSE THAN EVER.

By the way, I'm not a Democrat with a long standing hatred of this President.

In fact, I am a life long Republican that voted for him twice. I didn't believe that a US President (Democrat or Republican) would set out to purposely harm his country. When I realized that he is doing just that, I began to regret my vote. Just picture him standing next to Calderon promising MIGRANT REFORM!! He is a disgrace to our history and we cannot let him have this sell out as his administration's crowning acheivement.

Stopping this bill can be the bipartisan acheivment that our Government can never seem to manage.

The other thing that I dislike most about this bill is that it does nothing to reduce the number of illegals already here. There is no compromise here, La Raza and Ted Kennedy got everything they want. The 85% of us that want action got SCREWED!!!!

From Oregonians for Immigration Reform

OFIR members and supporters:

We really need to put the pressure on Senator Gordon Smith and Ron Wyden to stand up for America. The debate over the amnesty bill starts tomorrow in the U.S. Senate.

Call into their offices early and often. Washington DC is 3 hours ahead of Pacific time. Their offices will be open at 6:00 am, our time tomorrow. Flood their offices in Washington D.C. and Oregon with calls.

Only last week 6 Islamic terrorists were arrested in New Jersey for planning an attack on soldiers stationed at Fort Dix. Three of the terrorists were illegal aliens, two were in the U.S. on Green cards. UNDER THE NEW AMNESTY BILL, (S. 134, ALL 5 WOULD HAVE BEEN GRANTED AMNESTY.

Under a provision of the amnesty bill, 12 to 20 million illegal aliens would be given a "Z" visa which would allow them to remain in America indefinitely and bring in family members. The total might be 40 million more poorly educated and unskilled immigrants overwhelming our public schools, hospitals, roads and jails.

Between 400,000 to 600,000 Guest workers would be allowed in each year and given a "Y" visa resulting in depressed wages for American workers.

Under the Ag Jobs provision of the bill up to 1.5 million H-2 A visas would be given out to farm workers. They would be allowed to bring family members and then to start the process of obtaining citizenship.

Unlike last years amnesty bill there is no requirement that the illegal aliens pay back taxes!

Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation testified this week at the House Judicial Committee. He stated that the cost of comprehensive immigration reform, (AMNESTY), to American taxpayers would be $2.5 trillion. The $2.5 trillion is the net cost after you figure in any taxes illegal aliens might pay and the cost for their retirement to American taxpayers. (In an earlier email we incorrectly stated the figure at $2.3 trillion).

We urge you to call Senator Gordon Smith, Senator Ron Wyden, Idaho Senator Larry Craig and Idaho Senator Mike Crapo. Ask friends, relatives, neighbors, etc. to call also. Remember Washington DC is three hours ahead. You can start calling at 6:00 AM. You an use the two toll free numbers below and call every Senate office in Washington DC

HOW TO CONTACT OREGON'S U.S. SENATORS

You can reach the Washington office of any Senator by calling these toll-free numbers:

(866) 220-0044 or (866) 340-9281

These numbers connect to the Capitol switchboard; then you must ask for the Senator by name.

Senator Ron Wyden

223 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510-3703

(202) 224-5244; fax: 202-228-2717

Web site: http://wyden.senate.gov
    Webform for email: http://wyden/senate.gov/contact/

Oregon offices:

Portland: 1220 SW 3rd Ave., Ste 585, Portland, OR 97204;

Phone: (503) 326-7525; Fax: 503-326-7528

Eugene: 405 E 8th Ave. Ste 2020, Eugene OR 97401; Phone: (541) 431-0229

La Grande: SAC Annex, 105 Fir St, Suite 201, La Grande, OR 97850; (541) 962-7691

Medford: Federal Courthouse, 310 West 6th St, Room 118, Medford, OR 97501;

Phone: (541) 858-5122

Bend: Jamison Bldg., 131 NW Hawthorne Ave., Suite 107, Bend, OR 97701;

Phone: (541) 330-9142

Salem: 707 13th St, SE, Suite 285, Salem, OR 97301, (503) 589-4555

Senator Gordon H. Smith

404 Russell Building, Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202.224.3753; Fax: 202.228.3997

Web site: http://gsmith.senate.gov
    Webform for email: On hi s homepage, click Contact Me, then click Email.

Oregon offices:

Portland: One World Trade Center, 121 SW Salmon St., Ste 1250, Portland, OR 97204

Phone: 503.326.3386; Fax: 503.326.2900

Pendleton: Jager Building, 116 South Main Street, Suite 3, Pendleton, OR 97801

Phone: 541.278.1129; Fax: 541.278.4109

Medford: Security Plaza, 1175 East Main, Suite 2D, Medford, OR 97504

Phone: 541.608.9102; Fax: 541.608.9104

Eugene: Wayne Morse Federal Courthouse, 405 E 8th Ave., Eugene, OR 97401

Phone: 541.465.6750; Fax: 541.465.6808

Bend: Jamison Building, 131 NW Hawthorne Avenue, Suite 208, Bend, OR 97701

Phone: 541.318.1298; Fax: 541.318.1396

S. Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham. (202) 224-5972

Idaho Senator Larry Craig (202) 224-2752

Idaho Senator Mike Crapo (202) 224-6142
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

From Oregonians for Immigration Reform

We need to start finding some allies, and quick! A recent article in the Oregonian pointed out that Russian young people, in this state, having legally immigrated as refugees (there may be some exceptions) have taken a vocal role in political issues. They were able to send several hundred people to a hearing in Salem (not related to immigration) but were thwarted by a fast tracking to a vote on the bill in question. But there's some nerve there! All immigrants, as well as many native born Americans of low economic status, face a battle for economic security when so much competition is being allowed to simply walk across the line.

I have been working overtime to get in touch with this group; they are generally conservative, socially, but they meet usually in churches as guests of the real owners of the buildings so are somewhat hard to contact. The US Senate bill is now reportedly in trouble, but if it passes we would be left with state and local action---and facing legal battles, as well. We need outspoken allies. How do low income Chinese, or Vietnamese, or Eastern Europeans feel about their new competition for low wage jobs?

If anyone knows I would like to ask if NLG is creating liability for themselves when they show up, pointing cameras into peoples faces, watching their every move. Everyone knows that lawyers sue--but Oregon and most states have SLAPP stautues--to protect public participation from strategic lawsuits-- and the "chilling effect" thereof on debate. Don't these lawyers know that training a camera on someone clearly expressing a Ist Am. protected opinion has a "chilling effect."??

I was impressed with the positive response to the SEIU protest in Salem; much better than lib. Portlanders. Go, Salem! Let's try to get more publicity out about quarterly meetings; I would man a banner advertising our location, just to get more people involved.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)