Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

O'Reilly:The Mighty Acorn

Saturday, April 04, 2009
    Bill O'Reilly :: Townhall.com Columnist
    The Mighty Acorn
    by Bill O'Reilly
    Bill O'Reilly's Email | Author Archive | Author Biography
    Read Comments | Post Comments
    Forward Print Share Single Page

ACORN' s Bertha Lewis
    ACORN$$

Poll
    Should Obama have authority over executives from private companies?
    Yes
    Yes, if the company received bailout money
    No
    Vote
    Yes (1 %)

Yes, if the company received bailout money (10 %)

No (90 %)

In conservative circles, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, is the devil. This group mobilizes left-wing voters and champions liberal causes, sometimes using tax money in the form of state and federal grants to pay expenses. That makes right-wingers seethe with indignation.

ACORN employees across the country have been indicted for voter fraud, and by its own admission, the group has submitted at least 400,000 questionable voter documents, according to a New York Times report dated Oct. 24, 2008.

Now two whistleblowers, Anita MonCrief and Marcel Reid, who used to work for ACORN have testified under oath before the House Judiciary Committee that the organization took money to intimidate capitalist organizations like the Carlyle Group and H&R Block, and worked closely with the Obama presidential campaign to get voters to the polls. It is here where the story begins to rise to the next level.

According to MonCrief, New York Times reporter Stephanie Strom was getting close to documenting a story directly linking the Obama campaign to ACORN through the "Project Vote" organization. Barack Obama worked for "Project Vote" in the 1990s. There is speculation that "Project Vote" did a number of illegal things last November during the voter registration process. Strom was allegedly zeroing in on the situation.

But the Times' investigation suddenly stopped dead, prompting a call from Strom to MonCrief, her source. A voicemail from Strom was left on Oct. 21, 2008:

"Hi, Anita, it's Stephanie. I've just been asked by my bosses to stand down. ... They want me to hold off on coming to Washington. Sorry, I take my orders from higher up."

The Times did run a story about ACORN's left-wing partisanship, but stopped there. The paper would not make Strom available to talk with me. Spokeswoman Catherine Mathis sent a statement saying: "Every day we make news judgments about which stories to publish and which ones not to pursue. Political considerations played no role in our decision about whether to cover this story."

The motto of The New York Times is "All the News That's Fit to Print." "Standing down" on a story with presidential implications does not seem to fit that motto. Or am I wrong?

But Congressman John Conyers, a fervent Democrat and head of the Judiciary Committee, is not standing down. He is calling for a full House investigation of ACORN's role in the presidential election and beyond. Good for him.

The story is somewhat technical, and thus does not hold much appeal for TV news operations. But it is important. According to the whistleblowers, ACORN is a corrupt organization with close ties to the Obama administration. That sounds kind of ominous. Let's hope Conyers continues to step up.
    http://townhall.com/columnists/BillORei ... ments=true

For those who wish to express their thanks to Congressman Conyers for his intent to carry out a Congressional investigation of ACORN, there is an E-Mail form available to all at the following, which also includes all his other Contact Information:

http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?Fuse ... nformation
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    For those who wish to express their thanks to Congressman Conyers for his intent to carry out a Congressional investigation of ACORN, there is an E-Mail form available to all at the following, which also includes all his other Contact Information:

http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?Fuse ... nformation
    We might include our DISAPPROVAL of his witch hunt against Sheriff Joe in the message too.

Maybe I don't know of a particular group fighting for me, but ACORN, LaRaza and any group like that needs to go.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good reminder, cva.

i found this information on another site and it really pissed me off and i plan to contact king's office to find out more information but this is what i read on another site - Congressman Steve King of IA supposedly stated the following regarding the omibus bill just passed - The Transportation of HUD portion of the Omibus bill was allocated a $950,000 earmark going to LaRaza to be used for “capitalization of a revolving loan to be used for nationwide community development activities - taxpayer dollars should not be going to this organization which is a pro-amnesty program and we are funding them w/our taxpayer dollars - basically this is an “in-your-face act by congress."