Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: O'Reilly says parts of California, Arizona and New Mexio Rightly Belongs to Mexico

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage View Post
    Well, he may mean what he says but I'll bet most Americans in the Occupy Movement in general don't agree with him! And if the American SW can't stay in the U.S. it should go back to the Native Americans who lived here BEFORE the first Europeans came to colonize-not to people who were allowed to live here only as a result of Mexico being created. To give the land back to Mexico and not to the truly original inhabitants would be total hypocrisy on the part of Mexico.
    Good point there. Those areas never belonged to Mexico in first place and a lot of people fail realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    In California, Spain, Californio's, Mexicans and the Catholic Church enslaved and stole the land from the original inhabitants. and then they judge Anglo's and whine that we stole this land from them.
    Here in New Mexico, Anglos get judged the same way and are often labeled "land thieves" by some Hispanics. New Mexico was colonized by Juan de Onate on orders from King Phillip II. The original inhabitants of New Mexico are Pueblo tribes, Navajos, and several other groups around the state. New Mexico never belonged to Mexico in the first place and mestizos from Mexico really can't claim it as their homeland.

working4change

Diane85, it all boils down to lingering competitiveness between the remnants of the old "Spanish empire" (Latin America) and the old "English Empire" (the U.S.). But I think England and Spain (who started this mess in the first place) get along much better than they did before-but not on this side of the planet, unfortunately.

Diane85, it all boils down to lingering competitiveness between the remnants of the old "Spanish empire" (Latin America) and the old "English Empire" (the U.S.). But I think England and Spain (who started this mess in the first place) get along much better than they did before-but not on this side of the planet, unfortunately.
    I agree with those points. The competivness does remain here. I find a lot of Hispanic activists who think that New Mexico, Arizona, and California belong to Mexico as morons. They continually deny that the Spanish Empire was just as ruthless and cunning as the English Empire. Another thing that Hispanic activists continually deny is the atrocities that happened in Mexico before the Spanish even set foot there. The Aztecs were pretty brutal people.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot View Post
    I don't watch him because I also view him as just an entertainer.... and VERY full of himself!
    I cannot stomach him.

Quote Originally Posted by diane85 View Post
    I agree with those points. The competivness does remain here. I find a lot of Hispanic activists who think that New Mexico, Arizona, and California belong to Mexico as morons. They continually deny that the Spanish Empire was just as ruthless and cunning as the English Empire. Another thing that Hispanic activists continually deny is the atrocities that happened in Mexico before the Spanish even set foot there. The Aztecs were pretty brutal people.
    Yeah-at least if they hate the "anglos" at least they should equally hate the Spanish-and reject their culture and language-right? THEN I would consider them 'indigenous'-but they only identify with that label when it furthers their political agenda. I read the Aztecs tried to colonize Native people in North America before the Europeans from Spain ever arrived-now they want to do it in the name of their conqueror. Try to imagine a bunch of Native Americans trying to colonize Latin America with the English language and rock and roll-that's the reverse of what it would be like if the tables were turned-almost funny since it ain't happenin'!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Bill O'Reilly is a Half Wit Blow Hard ..... I didnt think that many people watched him; and if people are watching this moron they are either bored out of their mind, or have nothing else to do. He is a Commentator, its all his OPINION, not fact.

Fox has deteriorated / degenerated to 50% of what it was from 2 years ago because of idiots like him and getting rid of the Judge
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah-at least if they hate the "anglos" at least they should equally hate the Spanish-and reject their culture and language-right? THEN I would consider them 'indigenous'-but they only identify with that label when it furthers their political agenda. I read the Aztecs tried to colonize Native people in North America before the Europeans from Spain ever arrived-now they want to do it in the name of their conqueror. Try to imagine a bunch of Native Americans trying to colonize Latin America with the English language and rock and roll-that's the reverse of what it would be like if the tables were turned-almost funny since it ain't happenin'!
    I have a friend who is also Hispanic and against illegal immigration. He laughs at how much mesitzos from Mexico have pride in speaking Spanish. The reason he laughs at them is Spanish isn't the Native language of Mexico and a lot of Mestizos pretty much ignore that. Certain cultural practices and traditions in Mexico and other Spanish speaking countries originated in Spain and some cultural practices have Moorish and Arab roots which some people in Mexico deny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123