Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our Elected Representatives

The day that President Obama's adminstration announced that they would be dropping deportation proceedings for certain illegal aliens, I sent emails to Senators Burr and Hagan and U.S. Representative Heath Shuler, expressing my displeasure with the Obama administration bypassing the laws established by Congress. I asked all three what they were going to do about it, and that I expected a reply. To this day, I have yet to hear from Burr or Hagan, and recieved only a generic, immigration form email from Shuler, which didn't even address the situation. In the past, whenever I have written my Senators, I have recieved a response within a few days, but all I got this time was silence. I figure they either agree with the Obama adminstration, or they are too afraid to speak up. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any reaction from their representatives?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I got a "canned" email from Hagan, which is par for the course. She toes Obozo's and the party lines. Burr's aide got so mad at me on the phone I thought he was going to hang up on me... then I would have REALLY blown a gasket! I NEVER hear anything from Renee Ellmers.

I also contacted my Reps in NY, but Chucky Schumer's aide was VERY curt with me. The yahoos in NY think anything outside of NYC doesn't exist/ and or matter!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    The yahoos in NY think anything outside of NYC doesn't exist/ and or matter!
    Take that back!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    The yahoos in NY think anything outside of NYC doesn't exist/ and or matter!
    Take that back!
    AWwwwwww c'mon you know it's true

This just in ( insert a HUGE told ya so here...)
    August 25, 2011
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting my office regarding federal immigration enforcement. I appreciate hearing your thoughts about this important matter.

My longstanding position is that immigration policy initiatives should be considered in the context of comprehensive federal reform legislation, and I remain committed to a comprehensive approach. In addition, it is critically important that the immigration laws of the nation be enforced, most particularly with regard to matters of national security and public safety. There must be zero tolerance in these realms.

Federal government resources, however, are limited; it is therefore important that we prioritize the expenditure of those resources accordingly. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's recent memorandum dated June 17, 2011, and titled, "Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion Consistent with the Civil Immigration Enforcement Priorities of the Agency for the Apprehension Detention and Removal of Aliens" ("Priorities Memorandum") recognizes this need for thoughtful prioritization.

With this I mind, I sent a letter on July 15, 2011 to the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, John Morton, urging the agency to focus its limited resources on individuals that pose a risk to national security or public safety and to use discretion in expending precious resources on individuals who may fall within the guidelines put forward in the agency's priorities memoranda, which include criteria such as strong family and community ties, no criminal record, a history of sustained pursuit of education, and entry into this country at an age that suggests the decision to enter was controlled by others.

I believe that the United States must address the issue of illegal immigration at its core. I am committed to achieving practical, bipartisan, comprehensive reform that will protect taxpayers and resolve this long-standing issue. While I do not intend to weigh in on individual cases, which are more appropriately evaluated by experts in this field, rest assured that I understand your concerns about federal immigration enforcement and will keep your thoughts in mind as these issues are addressed in the United States Senate.
    Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kay R. Hagan

Please do not reply to this email. Instead, if you have further questions, please visit www.hagan.senate.gov and fill out my web form for your inquiry. Thank you.

I don't hold much hope for my representatives, but I hound them on a reguar basis anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    I don't hold much hope for my representatives, but I hound them on a reguar basis anyway.
    Ditto: Schumer, Gillibrand and Nydia...I am so NOT represented!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I sent an email to Rand Paul on this subject and got a response about greenhouse gases! Im happy to see he took the time to read my email!

Banned

Re: Our Elected Representatives

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    The day that President Obama's adminstration announced that they would be dropping deportation proceedings for certain illegal aliens, I sent emails to Senators Burr and Hagan and U.S. Representative Heath Shuler, expressing my displeasure with the Obama administration bypassing the laws established by Congress. I asked all three what they were going to do about it, and that I expected a reply. To this day, I have yet to hear from Burr or Hagan, and recieved only a generic, immigration form email from Shuler, which didn't even address the situation. In the past, whenever I have written my Senators, I have recieved a response within a few days, but all I got this time was silence. I figure they either agree with the Obama adminstration, or they are too afraid to speak up. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any reaction from their representatives?
    Congress Is out of session for one .... Try these numbers for now ....

Subcommitte On Immigration (202) 225 - 3926
    Peter King (202) 225 - 7896
    Lamar Smith (202) 225 - 4236

Stick around for our assault on Congress on September 5th when they return fron recess .... http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1260008.html#1260008

Senator Hagan said: There must be zero tolerance in these realms
    So much for zero tolerance.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!