Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our neighbor who is Hispanic says he is so ashamed

He and his family came here the American way, legally when their daughter was a baby. Then his and his wife's extended families came....legally....they are hard working, clean, an an asset to our neighborhood, fly the flag on all national holidays and consider America their country, not Mexico. They have a wonderful little girl, age 11, she speaks perfect English, and gets straight A's in school. They are absolutely so embarrassed about what is happening with this whole immigration thing, and also very angry that this can be happening in our country. They are so mad that Bush is giving in to their demands and said they wont stop there, if they get what they want with Bush and the others who want to make illegals legal and don't control the border, they will continue to demand more and more, said thats how it is in Mexico, they never are happy with anything. I am proud to have them as my neighbors. They lost part of their house too during Charley, but he was right here after he had seen what happened to our home. He is the one that clued us in that our contractor had illegals working for him, I guess they had struck up a conversation in Spanish and the cat was let out of the bag. They think that any Hispanic that protests with the illegals should get the same treatment and be sent back to Mexico, that this is a great country and how some can abuse all the rights they have here is an insult to all Hispanics. We have a couple Hispanic families within the area of our home that he knows and said none of them went to the protests.

like he said, this isn't about 'amnesty' -- they want to take our country.

I really liked the former Army Col. that spoke out today against all this, he is a member of the Latino group "You don't speak for me"

this is lawlessness and terrorism, plain and simple
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

My coowrker's wife says the same thing, SWT.

they have been here about 8 years first lived in Mass. then moved to Florida 4 years ago. They said that first they are Amerians, Mexico just happens to be where they were born, it's their ancestry not their nationality.

swt - would you pass on to your neighbor for me? It is SO hard living here as a Hispanic today with all of what is going on, as even legal hard-working Hispanic citizens are being viewed and lumped together as though they are ALL bad. Well please pass this on...

THANK YOU, my dear Hispanic citizen, for loving my country - YOUR country - you are sincerely welcome! As an American citizen with full legal status, we NEED you to stand with us in protecting this country you and I both love. And THANK you for being such a wonderful custodian and contributor to this country - it is the likes of you those such as me appreciate contributing to in like manner. God bless you!!!

Our legal Hispanic population here who truly know how good they got it need to be embraced, commended... and... in HONESTY!

It is the illegals who have much to worry about. In due time - it's all in due time.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

my neighbor and I were concerned about our neighbors following 9/11 -- they were from Iran, but there were no problems. These illegals are going to make it hard on everybody but themselves
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

concernedveteran......I certainly will send your message on to him.

i think this is the sentiment of many legal immigrants and hispanics that have been here for many generations. I have to admit i have been caught in the middle of where i stand on this issue, but once i did research of the organizers of these protest i realized i did not want to be a part of the communist groups, or the Aztlan groups either. the main reason my parents immigrated here LEGALLY was to be a part of this country. I agree if you love Mexico's laws so much then go back don't try to make this Mexico as well. I find the waving of Mexican flags extremely disrespectful along with the spanish traslanted anthem. And like your neighboors am ashamed. I did want rights for immigrants but i have realized that there is a way to do it. The way my dad did it. Legally! He works as hard as any middle class american because that is what he is, and to want easy access is insutling to his efforts of our family. Like your neighboors I was born in Mexico but I grew up here and am American...Mexico is the country I was born in. Sure i like to go vistit my family, the food is great, and i speak spanish fluently. But i can't imagine my life over there, I dont have that loyalty. Hey but I have the respect to speak Spanish there, they should have the respect and speak English here. I really hope that one day this problem will be solved in the most humane way possible, but right now that seems impossible.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Aracely, nice to see you again!!

We are glad that people like yourselves see this issue for what it is, about obeying the laws.

People making constant demands for "justice" when they have not obeyed our laws initially, are the ones that are making ALL Americans fed up.

The news today has shown how tired Americans are of this dribble and whining. I have not heard so much whining about how "unfair" it is that they cannot have amnesty, since my childrens last argument.

Waving a flag and yelling "yes we can" in Spanish and telling the American public that WE took Aztlan from them (read your history and realize that it was signed away to America by their then leader, so that's the end of that) and "demanding" it back, well I THINK NOT!!

I have read Aztlans site, two things I find offensive, their focus on white Americans, and their forcus on hating the Jewish people. So knowing this about them, and them calling people like us "racists", who is the real racist here?

Aracely, please be sure to help as many Latino people you can about how angry ALL Americans are and why, it's not about them BEING Latino, it's about how the illegals aliens (which the majority of illegals in this country are from Mexico and Central America) have made unrealistic and outrageous demands to which they have no right to, thus putting legal Latino people in a tough position.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It appears the same story is being told around the country. Many immigrants who have come here legally have expressed their disappointment. I had a couple of neighbors put up signs: "Americans for America" and they went to work.

A radio show host here on "WHUR" made several comments about yesterday, many of which I can't repeat here...but one struck me as a very true statement: "Why carry a flag of your country of origin unless you want to go back!".

Oh well...

The frustration continues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast