Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our position: House Speaker Rubio is right to see immigratio

Our position: House Speaker Rubio is right to see immigration as federal issue
    April 9, 2008

Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio shouldn't allow himself to be bullied into taking the shortsighted approach to dealing with illegal immigrants in Florida.

Mr. Rubio is on point to question the state's role in trying to take on immigration issues, going against the quick-fix mentality of a handful of bills floating around in Tallahassee. The bills range from deporting illegal immigrants from state prisons to toughening employment standards.

Opposing these bills doesn't mean someone wants to give illegal immigrants a free pass. It's generally not the job of legislators in Tallahassee to deal with matters that need to be resolved on a federal level.

Can you imagine the chaos if all 50 states developed their own form of immigration policy? Sadly, some of that is happening already because Congress continues to dawdle by failing to pass any comprehensive immigration reform.

That gap has allowed local officials in San Francisco to adopt an open-door policy toward illegal immigrants, while other locales like Florida are taking a hard-line approach. Both extremes are wrong.

Meanwhile, the pressure mounts on Mr. Rubio to support legislation. That includes a video posted on YouTube from a group demanding stricter controls of the border.

The plan from Mr. Rubio is to hold a workshop on the bills this week, which would likely stall any efforts for the proposals to pass.

That's the smart move to make. If critics want to complain, they very well should -- to the feds.

http://tinyurl.com/68wg9p
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Related information

Florida illegal immigration workshop
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-111261.html
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Illegal immigration is an open ended unfunded mandate. If you think Real ID is an unfunded mandate consider having to pay for public benefits education, emergency health for millions of illegal aliens. These occur at the municipal, county and state level.

If governments are to place any importance on cost control and the fastest growing segment of the population is illegal then it is not just the feds that need to act.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rubio is taking the cowards way out just as congress has done!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I understand the it is ultimately a federal matter. However, I take my hat of to states who ruck up and take the matter into their own hands. SOMEONE has to do something!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Some one got to him . This is NOT the position he had just last week when i send him a thank you letter .
    I'll go read the Tallahassee paper and Florida Times-Union and try to find out what turned him .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

According to the Constitution, which someone posted here recently, it IS the job of the states to enforce their own immigration laws. It does not state anywhere in the Constitution that it's the federal government's job. This is a cop-out arguement to keep allowing illegals to flood into our country.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Some one got to him . This is NOT the position he had just last week when i send him a thank you letter .
    I'll go read the Tallahassee paper and Florida Times-Union and try to find out what turned him .
    Well thats a shame, let us know what you find out !!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Not only is state/local enforcement of immigration law permitted under current Fed/state constructs, establishing specific parameters at the state level on immigration policy is also permissible, and, in fact, done in practice as well.

Do some searching for J-1 visa exemptions. You'll see that a number of states participate in (or not), in a variety of Federal immigration policy exemptions. OR does too. Example:

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/hsp/conrad/index.shtml

If you take the time to read through the example case they publish, you may notice some technical or logical flaws in how things are supposed to work in theory vs. practice too...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Well thats a shame, let us know what you find out !!
    When back 3 days in the Tallahassee Demo and the Florida Times Unions. I found Nothing . Not a thing on the speaker or any Immigration bills to table . I'm very puzzled . Is Jeb luking in the shadows with spanish wife ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*