Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Out of work, Angry and Losing Hope!

It makes me fighting mad when I see people illegally in this country whining about having no jobs and wondering how they are going to survive! I've got news for them, I don't give a spit!! Get out! I"M OUT OF WORK, DENIED UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS AND JUST PAID A FORTUNE FOR COBRA! I'M A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY AND HAVE MY OWN FAMILY TO FEED! Where's OUR free ride? Where's the sob stories in the media for us?? There has to be an end to this insanity of lawlessness and a government who cares NOTHING about it's citizens! I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It will be a cold day in hell before I give in to these government freaks and invaders! Am I alone and going off the deep end?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

That is why we are all here........to UNITE and FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a first generation AMERICAN.....My parents CHOSE this country.....they LOVED this country....That is why I am here....they would turn over in their graves if they knew what was happening to their chosen country
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nope, youre not alone. We're all sick and tired of it. I saw on the news here in Denver a few months back where they interviewed a young teen American mother, she was saying how her foodstamps were frozen because of the economy and how she was getting food for her and her young baby from generous donor's, and all the while you know for a fact that food stamps are going to feed the 5 children of an undocumented mother while a single mother of one with citizen status goes unreceived.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles TexasBorn. I know it's rough.

And no, I don't think you're losing your mind, just needed to get it out of your system. That's a lot to deal with and I sincerely hope that things turn around for you soon. I'll say a little prayer for ya.

But, you've got people here who care and relate.

Chin Up.........after all, what would John Wayne do?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texasborn wrote:
    Am I alone and going off the deep end?
    No Texasborn, you are not alone, you have a LOT of company, about 80% of the American people. And you're not going off the deep end. Your anger shows you are sane. Your feelings are a very rational response to an outrageous situation that could be stopped and reversed, but many in our government do not want to stop the illegal invasion and they really don't care what the American people want. They are more concerned with their own power and voters.

I can assure you I have sometimes become so outraged and discouraged about this insanity, that I've actually hoped for state seccession, or my own ability to legally move to another country if this insanity doesn't stop.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

One young person I know couldn't find a summer job, so mowed my yard this summer.

Another person young person has been out of work since Sep. '08 missed getting unemployment by 13 dollars.

Another person after several years on searching for work has almost given up and is just helping her sick elderly parent.

Another person was offered a job in the tobacco fields in North Carolina.

Another young person currently work with dad in plumbing but can't afford medical insurance to take care of a hernia.

I could go on and on. And jobs from the stimulus money is going to go to illegal immigrants without being E-Verified.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also, Texasborn, I can relate to your situation in that I was out of work for about five months, last Fall-Winter, I finally gave up and have returned to school.

When I was looking for work, there were several jobs I wasn't qualified for, of course, because I'm not bilingual, which is bad enough. But the real kicker was one in particular - a Federal job with great pay and benefits (of course). I was qualified for the position in terms of education and experience, but they limited eligibility to certain groups. A couple of those groups I was fine with - veterans and disabled. But they actually had a category for "bicultural or bilingual". The applicant didn't necessarily need to speak another language, they just needed to be "bi-cultural".

Like you, I haven't had health insurance since last Sept 09. It is scary. You never know when you might need it. And you can't afford to get check-ups or any routine screening tests that are recommended and can prevent much bigger problems down the road.

Tough times. If our gov even looks like they're getting close to passing amnesty in the near future, especially in an economic environment like this, I really think they need to find a bunker somewhere. (Just meaning a bunker to hide from the non-stop phone calls of course, faxes, e-mails, protests, angry constituencies, etc.)
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

working4change
    Sorry to hear this Texas. You are certainly not alone and not off the deep end. The system has become a sham and we have leaders who are too cowardly to stand up for what is right. We are all frustrated but thanks to this group we are channeling our anger into positive, productive protests and action. I believe that every day that we speak out we encourage others to be strong. Hang in there Texas..we are all standing with you.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement..yes, I was blowing off a LOT of steam! I have never been this concerned about the state of our economy and the fate of our country, ever. We all must honor the memories of those who have fought and died for our freedom by never giving in to this tyranny! Semper Fi.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

You probably would not be surprised how many immigrants American companies prefer to hire, over American citizens. It seems that our Government thinks we are soo stupid that we need to become life students anymore??? Like we would rather "owe, owe, owe", but never "off to work we go".
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast