Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pacific Northwest Foodbanks Cater to Illegal Immigrants

The Radio version of Oregon Public Broadcasting is at this moment doing another Feel Good Story about how food banks are now being Sensitive to the cultural food needs of immigrants- they of course interviewd an ( illegal ) mexican who was so happy when a special food box was created for her with chiles etc.
    Ruby Deluna did the story- what amazes me once again- is that normal americans never liked the food bank food -but there was never any sensitivity to the food likes of regular americans.
    but now - all over the Northwest- it is the goal to create food packages that are sensitive to the food population of the immigrant communities..

even to the point where they are purchasing mexican food items to distribute- .

Ugh! Ain't "diversity" grand???

I just heard on FoxNews that 4 Iraqis have been detained trying to cross the border near TJ. Nothing up on the net yet about it.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thelma this is no suprise to me. Several years ago when my husband was just starting out at his current job, we broke down and went for help, not where we wanted to be exactly, but yet with kids, well anyways, we arrived at our local Salvation Army, there was a line around the block, literally, and it was all Latino (I am positive illegals) except for two other white couples like us and a few Russians, so we are talking about 150 in all and only about 10 people were not Latino (illegals).

They did not check anyones ID's, incomes and legal status. I had ID and such ready, but no one asked so I have to assume that they figured many if not all the Latino's were illegals, but yet bagged up large amounts of items, all the while, I noticed that for the most part it appeared that anyone non-Latino was given the allotted three day supply (which they talk about in the literature they give you there). I think the most of Salvation Army above all other agencies, but feel they too have the "poor immigrant" attitude and that we Americans should be able to fend for themselves.

Another point guys, I noticed whilst in line there that day (trust me it was an unforgettable day) that all of the Latino people had decent cars, almost all had cell phones, and the women were wearing a lot of gold jewelry, now trust me, I am not making this up. My first thought was "gold, you could sell it if you're hungry", "cell phone, hmmm....how can you afford that bill if you have no money for food?" and the next thought was as my husband and I walked away in the rain towards the bus was "must be nice to be an illegal alien and have a nice warm dry car to drive in while you go and get free food for your illegal family!!".
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

not suprised at all- the mexican next door to me - who drives a new mitsubushi suv- told me that he hoped we would get free rent for christmas - like in california- t
    hen I spend all summer growing tomatoes and I hand carried the water- ( about a hundred yards with a 2 gallon watering can)and it was only him and the bolivian woman who asked me to give them tomatoes- after they did not help at all-
    they have really gotten used to getting things for free- at garage sales- the I dont speak english thing really works!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Oh yeah, see it here in Gresham ALL the time!! Once we were in Winco and in front of us was this couple with three kids. As the man was bagging their stuff, their 2 year old grabbed a bag of chips from the aisle rack and began walking towards her father, as she did this, he ruefully smiled and put out his hand and grabbed a grocery bag to put the unpaid for chips in, as soon as he realized we were frowning at this situation, he then changed his whole demeanor and told (although it was in Spanish I could get the jist of what he was indicating) one of the older girls to take the chips and put them back. We see this kind if stuff here each time we are out at the stores, etc...

It really is terrible though to think about what this kind of mentallity and criminal behavior makes it easy for people to lump all people who are Hispanic, American or legal immigrant as this way too. Thus the saying "one bad apple spoils the whole barrel". However, it seems that there are so many "bad apples" over here, that it's hard to make yourself see beyond it.

I have thought that the Oregon Food Bank needs to be reminded that they are a Federally funded operation and by giving out food to illegals either directly or indirectly they are breaking Federal laws for "aiding and abeting" assisting and encouraging the illegals to stay here and continue to break our laws.

I listened to the President last night and felt a little hollow after his speech. It left me feeling that he really does not comprehend what it's like out here, struggling already as citizens, trying to do things right, then seeing illegals taking, sometimes, the very food out of our families mouths, and receiving help thus draining away very needed services for the most in need.

No one wants to get charity, we all have the desire to be self-sufficient, but there are times when we all need a helping hand, it should not be going out to those who break our laws and are here without our permission. There should be no charity federal or private otherwise that should be encouraging illegals, under the guise of Christian love. There are plenty of us (Christians) that realize this is wring simply because we have an obligation to obey mans laws, and that God does not want us to encourage lawbreaking and criminal behavior, so.... when you hear people say that its out of Christian duty to help the illegals, they are not speaking from the Biblical perspective, they are speaking out of emotion and as we all know, emotions come and go and are not to be trusted. If people in our country always followed their emotions and not their heads, we would not be the great nation we are now, we're losing that, we have started trusting too much in our emotions and not our common sense.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)