I was asked to post this here regarding Pahrump, NV's fight with illegal immigration on our focus campaign.

I sent letters out to these folks, and just stated my support for their work to fight the bad effects of illegal immigration locally.

Lastnight I was in the midst of making dinner and just hung up with this neighborhoods association president (about the "S 13" issue I posted previously about), when the phone rang again.

This nice older gentleman told me he was on the Pahrump city council, and wanted to thank me for my letter. After discussing politics for a bit, he asked how I knew about Pahrump and what they were doing, I explained about ALIPAC, and who we were, and about who the other organizations we work closely with, and gave him our site.

He said he would have a look at it, and I encouraged him to come and also let others know. I hope to hear from him here and possibly more as well.

I am glad now I did not email, it was personal to him this way. Now, I did get so excited, I forgot to write his name down (duh!), but I think he said his name was Richard (?).