Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Palin irks her supporters with California endorsement

May 6, 2010

TRENDING: Palin irks her supporters with California endorsement

Posted: May 6th, 2010 03:42 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

Sarah Palin endorsed Carly Fiorina in the California Senate race on Thursday.

Washington (CNN) – Sarah Palin broke ranks with the conservative movement on Thursday and endorsed former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina in California's Republican Senate primary, prompting a flurry of criticism from many of her loyal supporters.

After Palin announced the endorsement on her Facebook page, a number of her followers questioned why she would side with Fiorina instead of the more conservative candidate in the race, Assemblyman Chuck DeVore.

DeVore has the backing of several leading voices in the conservative movement, including Sen. Jim DeMint, RedState.com editor Erick Erickson and the Tea Party Express.

Though a handful of readers agreed with Palin's decision, most were upset.

"This is very, very disappointing," Rick Sheridan, one of her supporters, posted on Palin's page. "Sarah, you've got to be more careful. This woman does not represent conservative values. And the choice is so clear. Serious damage to your base here."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=cSmuRjK2iG-
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Palin sets the womens's movement back 50 years. I find her a joke.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Once again we are reminded why investing power in individuals, particularly if this is in large part based on or developed through imagrey, can be so dangerous.

You never know what you are going to get with Sarah Palin and this will become increasingly problematic should she campaign for or be elected to higher office. As much as I like her in some ways, she does not seem to have nor act according to a core philosophical outlook rooted in structural principle. Such principle could for example be based on the Constitution, limited government libertarianism, or a modern neo-con worldview. She wanders amongst all of these schools of thought and it seems to me she does not even recognize the fact that she is doing so. I don't know if this is because she is not well educated, thinks that she knows what is best, does not appreciate the interconnected context of issues or she just hasn't ever given it any thought. Regardless, if this approach continues she will lose influence. That will be a shame because there are things where she has a legitimate voice, like fighting government corruption, that need a real champion.

One thing is for sure, she has no reservation whatsoever about endorsing an inter-connected group of open borders, amnesty loving neo-cons even when there are options.

-John McCain
    -Rick Perry
    -Carley Fiorina

The good news is that if she wanders from her base too much her celebrity and influence will be quickly diluted. She should be more reserved about making endorsements. Besides it does not make much sense in this particular race to make an endorsement during the primary. Doing that allows you to be cast as a devisive figure when at least waiting until the general election makes you appear to be working to unite competing factions and close the ranks behind the party nominee. This is particularly important in a state like CA where it is an uphill battle no matter what for the GOP.

I suspect she is being advised to expand her working relationships to include those who do not fit into her typical political demographic to date. This might seem like good advice if she intends to run for President and wants to ensure several high profile moderates from the two largest states in the country will return the favor by glad handing, helping with media attention and provide endorsements when the campaign season rolls around. However, that is only of value if you believe that she can morph into a classic establishment candidate and quickly gain more new supporters than those that she will lose by keeping company with this new crowd. Katie Couric will never vote for her regardless of what she reads now!

I think Sarah Palin along with the advisors are misreading her base. They believe it is made up of loyal republicans who will go along to get along when it comes time to play politics because they were willing to vote for her running mate as the lesser of two evils since she was part of the team. That was then and this is now. Too many people are beginning to invest themselves in the Constitution and principle to go for that inside the beltway party politics routine again. Substance is starting to take on a larger role as exemplified by the number of incumbents and establishment candidates facing strong challenges. For example just ask Charlie Crist (FL), Blanche Lincoln (AR), Dan Coats (IN) and Trey Grayson (KY) how that works.

The Golden Rule of enduring politcal strength that is capable of expanding is to never abandon your base, never!

Is Sarah Palin abandoning her base, what do you think?

Is Sarah Palin abandoning her base, what do you think?
    After Perry, she was toast in my book.

A real fair assessment on your part SovereignMan. I agree she had a chance to stay away from giving endorsements and could well have done much to help right the ship. Instead she missed the boat.

OK...so ever time someone post this stuff I have to go and read a bunch of stuff. Does anyone know WHY she endorses her? NO... I did not think so... Well...I don't either so I am going to go and learn... so should you...

http://www.carlyforcalifornia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    OK...so ever time someone post this stuff I have to go and read a bunch of stuff. Does anyone know WHY she endorses her? NO... I did not think so... Well...I don't either so I am going to go and learn... so should you...

http://www.carlyforcalifornia.com/
    Carly on the Issues
    “I am an optimist and believe that people will make the right choices about their lives and their leaders if they know the issues and are equipped with the facts. So let’s talk about the issues…â€

Our borders aren’t secure, and we don’t have a temporary worker program that works. … Let’s solve real problems by doing things we know how to get done and that we can get done.â€

It is so hard to read this stuff and understand what is wrong with a person. Everything always sound so wonderful!!! Guess only time will tell where she really stands on the issues... for me...I can't tell...

As for Carly --- she ran Hewlet Packard in the ground as CEO. Before that she was a highly touted Female executive at Luccent where things did not go to well either. But who is talking about shareholders and employees. Carly always ended up doing just grand as she raked in huge bonuses and was compensated like a conquering hero when she left HP. Of course thousands had to lose their jobs and shareholders had to get taken to the cleaners in the process. In short she was all wonderful talk and terrible results for action.

Carly entered the political world as one of McCain's Angels. I recall listening to her babble about comprehensive immigration reform. When asked a question about this it was obvious she did not understand the dynamics of the issue. She is a parrot. Someone tells her what sounds good and she strives to repeat it in such a way that makes it sound even better.

And her real view on the immigration issue is rooted in an insatiable appetite in Silicon Valley for cheaper foreign labor. Absent being able to outsource the entire nation they want to import all the cheap labor the world will send. There must be a correlation between all of these mega wealthy tech sector executives and driving down wages for the American working class. What happen to a rising tide lifting all boats outlook? While I am all for those who take risk and are highly productive becoming wealthy, I despise the lack of free-market principles they are demonstrating by seeking to create an artificial labor supply. And then these titans of cheap labor squeal like sissy punks when there is a patent infringement or copyright violation. They would have you believe the world is coming to an end if they believe there is some “dumpingâ€

MW
    Personally, I think we have enough RINO's in the Republican Party! There is no question that Carly Fiorina is a globalist.

According to Florina, "There is no job that is America’s God-given right anymore."

There is not a question in my mind that the lady would throw her vote behind a CIR bill that included a generous guest-worker program for skilled labor and increases in the H1B cap. Basically, Carly is Bill Gates in a dress.

I recommend you extend your research, hardlineconstitutionalist.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast