Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PASSED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER CAN HE DO IT?

Michael Savage just mentioned passing this immigration bill by "EXECUTIVE ORDER."

I wondered this myself.

Could this happen?

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Haven't heard this before. What was Savage basing this on -- did he quote anyone, i.e. a scholar, politician etc?

I think this fool of a prez would have already did this this if he could have gotten away with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Populist,

I did not hear him base this on anything. I have wondered this myself before since he has this SPP/NAU back room deal.

If he could, he sure would, that is for sure.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

From Wikipedia... Looks like he can..

Presidents of the United States have issued executive orders since 1789. There is no United States Constitution provision or statute that explicitly permits this, aside from the vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution and the statement "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" in Article II, Section 3.

Most executive orders are orders issued by the President to United States executive officers to help direct their operation, the result of failing to comply being removal from office. Some orders do have the force of law when made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress due to those acts giving the President discretionary powers.

Other types of executive orders are:

national security directives,
    homeland security presidential directives, and
    presidential decision directives, both of which deal with national security and defense matters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_ ... _States%29
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Oh Brother!

I think there would be alot of things 'shed' if this is passed by executive order.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

He can try but it would be over ridden as an abuse of power in the courts. Only the legislative branch can create law. Article 1 section 8.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

The Constitution states that only Congress can enact "rules of Naturalization", in other words Bush would not be able to put illegal aliens on a path to Citizenship.

if he deems it national security... he can
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    He can try but it would be over ridden as an abuse of power in the courts. Only the legislative branch can create law. Article 1 section 8.
    He not only can TRY but he has recently given himself all powers to make it happen. I was sure ALIPAC was on top of this latest power grab of Bush, but just in case I missed that thread and nobody noticed here is the link on Bush's latest ploy.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... cleId=5721
    Be sure to watch the video on youtube as well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFB_a3_VNnc
    This is NOT make believe! It is REAL!
    It should be in all the papers, on every front page.
    With this directive Bush has claimed all the rights of a Dictator! In fact it is theoretically possible that he can cancel the next election on some "national emergency" pretext, say Avian Flu fears etc. then go on to reign as president for life.
    For those of you incredulous that this is a hoax or something the actual directive is on the white house web page
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 09-12.html
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast