Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pelted Trump supporter: 'Maybe I egged them on'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelted Trump supporter: 'Maybe I egged them on'

Rachel Casey, 29, had eggs and other food products hurled at her outside of a rally in San Jose. | AP Photo

By Nolan D. McCaskill
    06/08/16 05:00 PM EDT

The Donald Trump supporter who had egg on her face after walking into a crowd of anti-Trump protesters admitted Wednesday that she may have egged them on.“Yeah, maybe I egged them on. But I was just speaking up for myself,” Rachel Casey told Inside Edition’s Jim Moret in an interview set to air Wednesday.

Casey, 29, a bodybuilder and physical therapist, had eggs and other food products hurled at her outside of a rally in San Jose.

According to cellphone video she took, she taunted the protesters by returning the middle-finger gesture to a man wearing a sombrero. Protesters responded to Casey, who was wearing a pro-Trump T-shirt and walked into a mob of protesters, by tossing food at her. One woman sporting a Golden State Warriors jersey hit her with an anti-Trump sign.

Though she admitted to provoking the protesters, Casey told Inside Edition that the protesters were to blame.
    Protesters fight at Trump San Jose rally

“They started it with me,” she said. “I stood up for myself like any other American would.”

Casey called her experience “unreal” but added that she was thankful the violence didn’t intensify.

“To be a victim of eggs and tomatoes — I mean, thank God it wasn’t bricks and rocks,” she said. “I mean, unreal.”

The Trump campaign reached out to her following the encounter, inviting her to appear onstage with the presumptive Republican presidential nominee at future rallies.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...ter-egg-224086
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, you may have egged them on, but they came armed with eggs and tomatoes for a reason so you would have been hit no matter what you said or did. Who takes raw eggs and tomatoes to a political protest unless they intend to hurl them at someone they don't like? No one.

Unreal is right. The people who to be egged and splatted with tomatoes is not the American People, but the representatives and government officials who have created this mess we're trying to solve.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No one should have to face an angry crowd or worse yet be assaulted just for the civic engagement and interest in hearing a presidential candidate speak.

The venue lacked protection and safety for the attendees - that ugly crowd never should have been allowed to gather like that on their property. they have security personnel that did nothing.

The city told the police to stand down, another criminal offense to not protect the public and allow havoc to ensue. Anyone touched by anything, fist or egg, should sue the city & the property that allowed it.