Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PEOPLE! We should fight for REAL JOBS, not for $8/hour jobs.

People! We should fight for real jobs, american jobs at american pay rates not the $8 to $10/hour jobs most illegals immigrants take!!!

If illegal immigration bill is defeated, will americans get jobs?
    Think of it!! Don't waste your energy and your time fighting the WRONG BATTLE!!!!

I meet many young people everyday who are struggling to find a job who would jump on the opportunity to have one. And if it paid them $8 an hour, they would be very happy.

The real issue for an employer is, why hire that person for $8 an hour when you can hire an illegal allien for $4 an hour and pay them under the table, give them no benefits and reduce the businesses costs by a lot.

Illegals areen't taking jobs that Americans won't do!! They are just taking jobs that Americans won't do for the money that they pay these illegals.

Re: PEOPLE! We should fight for REAL JOBS, not for $8/hour j

Quote Originally Posted by goamerica
    People! We should fight for real jobs, american jobs at american pay rates not the $8 to $10/hour jobs most illegals immigrants take!!!

If illegal immigration bill is defeated, will americans get jobs?
    Think of it!! Don't waste your energy and your time fighting the WRONG BATTLE!!!!
    We're all planning to work for Homeland Security. Good gig, no supervision, good pay, benefits, no duties to hassle a person.

Seriously, there's way more at stake here than piddling jobs. Keep reading. Thanks for joining.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In the 80's, I was paid over 12.00 an hour, insurance and paid vacation. Right now, that very same job is MIMIMUM WAGE! Since the 80's I haven't had a job that even got up to 8.00 an hour even after years of employment. They're after these jobs too. They're after all the jobs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In many states $8.00 provides an okay living especially if your
    spouse is earning 10 an hour or more. The bottom line is IF
    Americans WANT $8.00/ hr. job they should GET them... that includes
    AMERICAN teens who wish to work for those wages at Fast Food
    establishments but can't b/c they don't speak Spanish etc.

It will start with those "small" jobs until eventually illegals
    will be working as Accountants etc for cheaper wages than
    the REAL Accountants would accept. If we settle for this it will
    only get worse. Any job an AMERICAN wants regardless of
    the wages should be given first priority to Americans.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Where I live $8 an hour is an exceptional wage for unskilled labor. I'd be delighted to find a nice job as a cashier in the grocery store part time for eight bucks an hour. Right now I get $6 for being a glorified baby sitter for the school system and before that, I got $5.15 for cleaning up the poop of the elderly.

I can't work in a grocery store for $5.15 an hour because other people want those jobs and they speak Spanish. I get to take what they are desparate for or not work at all. But you know what? I'm delighted to have a job at all. It's a little extra spending money for me-- an extra night out for dinner, an extra twenty bucks to donate to my favorite cause, etc. No, I wouldn't starve without it, but, as an American citizen, I feel that I am more entitled to it than an illegal alien.

And any American who wants those jobs should have first crack at them. The key for me has always been and is always going to be legal as opposed to illegal. I don't care if the job pays five bucks an hour or five hundred. Why should we think that they aren't worth fighting for? In fact, why can't I, as an American citizen, work for however much money I choose to work for? If I want to work for fifty cents an hour, whose business is it? And why should I sit still for an illegal worker to get that money or any other?

loservillelabor,
    you can bet I think that even the lowest wage in this country is worth fighting for my right to have over any illegal worker from anywhere.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

if...

If you as an American can pay your bills on 4-5 bucks an hour, pay your bills, pay no taxes, SS, or anything else, get this money from a felonious employer, live in a house in numbers your American neighbors won't tolerate, get welfare for your family, or have your particular manner of speaking paid for and that of your kids as accomodation, and park your numerous derelict or running vehicles on the lawn of said house, then we'd be all set as Americans wouldn't we?

Illegals are doing jobs Americans cannot afford to do.

This lack of a system is so wrong, that anyone that disagrees frankly isn't worth talking to, or knowing. Let's just get er done.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    And any American who wants those jobs should have first crack at them. The key for me has always been and is always going to be legal as opposed to illegal. I don't care if the job pays five bucks an hour or five hundred. Why should we think that they aren't worth fighting for? In fact, why can't I, as an American citizen, work for however much money I choose to work for? If I want to work for fifty cents an hour, whose business is it? And why should I sit still for an illegal worker to get that money or any other?

loservillelabor,
    you can bet I think that even the lowest wage in this country is worth fighting for my right to have over any illegal worker from anywhere.
    JuniusJnr
    I'm on your side. If you want to approach this issue as legal vs. illegal, and it's all about jobs then so be it. Monday when the Senate walks in everyone illegal could become legal. There's much more at stake IMHO, and the fight would need to continue on Tuesday. I'm only pointing out that we're about to lose the country as we know it. Much of our government seems to have lost the desire to represent the citizens.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Commie Freak Show

Hi goamerican,

The real jobs are real, however they belong to Tata* of Bangalore India; the figure should be up around 2 million American technical jobs given away to India and being performed in places like Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, etc.

Then there are the H-1B visa card holders; 65,000 H-1Bs per year and Congress is about to double that amount. Each year's H-1B arrivals now exceed the number of new technical jobs twofold. So Americans are being fired right and left to accommodate Tata. There are an extimated half million H-1Bs who, themselves, are illegal aliens - they "forgot to return home" when their visas expired, and still displace Americans in higher paying middle class jobs. There is no cap to the L-1 visa, India dominates that and is empowered to send unlimited L-1s to replace Americans who are to be fired for the pleasure of Tata.

We are rightfully horrified with the 22 million criminal illegal aliens, we should be just as horrified at the half million criminal illegal H-1Bs from India who are blocking the middle class from getting jobs.

Let's talk about employers - Hewlett Packard, IBM, Microsoft, all the big guys LOVE H-1Bs and Tata employees domociled in India. There are so many illegal H-1Bs out there, why doesn't ICE bust these big corporations with their illegals? Could it be "campaign contributions?"

Well, what can I say? If [the COMMUNIST candidate] Hillary wins, then Tata wins, and we lose. If McCain wins then the lunatic fringe COMMUNIST front organizations win, and we lose.

Damn, I hate communists! We got a card carrying Commie candidate and a Commie sympathizer pro-AZT Land candidate. Is there a difference? Well, excuse me, now John, "the poodle" Kerry got permission from Hillary to run in the primary. The 2008 election is gonna be a COMMIE FREAK SHOW!

*Mostly Tata, but also Wiprospectramind, Satyam, HCL, Infosys, and a bunch of other Bangalore body shops. It's posted to this website that prior to becoming a body shop, Tata was an opium drug cartel.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Monday when the Senate walks in everyone illegal could become legal.
    yes they could. But I don't think they will.

Yes, there is more at stake than jobs alone. But that was the thread--whether or not the jobs should be preserved for Americans and I believe they ALL should and not so much as one cent should be given to foreign workers before every single American who wants one of those jobs has one.

Recently a shop that was meant to employ handicapped workers who otherwise couln't reasonably expect to get a job was closed down because the employer got rid of the handicapped and hired illegals then turned in the paperwork for tax breaks as though he still employed all handicapped people! Those menial jobs may not be high paying but they certainly were worth something in terms of self esteem to the people who held them.

And if you think that keeping the illegal aliens and granting them amnesty is some sort of a "plus" for our economy, I don't see that at all. I see them as a stone around our neck that we need to cut loose before they drown us all. Making them legal isn't going to accomplish that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast