Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perata: Lock Outs Pro-Business Democrats From Offices

You might wonder what this article has to do with illegal immigration; unless you live in California and know of Perata and his buddy Fabian Nunez. Don Perata might be remembered for his remark last year on the illegal immigration marches when he referred to San Diegans who opposed the marches and illegal immigration as "Crackers". There is presently a movement in this state to extend term limits. It's recognized to be happening to try to allow Perata and Nunez to stay in office to further their work in promoting "Immigrant Rights". Both of these men will be termed out if this doesn't happen. This is an example of the conduct of some of our "liberal leaders".

Monday 12 March 2007, by admin

Democrat Senate Leader Don Perata, who is being investigated by the Alameda Grand Jury and the FBI, for corruption, has proven how serious he is about destroying businesses and jobs in California.

Last week three Democrat Senators helped raise money for moderate, pro-business Democrats, the few that there are.

When they arrived at their Capitol offices this morning, Perata had locked them and their staffs out of their offices. In others words three Senate Districts had Senators that were not allowed to work or represent their constituents. They were not given other offices, they were thrown out of their working offices.

Those offices do not belong to Perata, they belong to the taxpayers. My guess is that he is about to face a removal vote and he feels he has lost it.

I have been watching the HBO series "Rome", about the time of Caesar, Mark Antony, etc. These folks were corrupt, blood thirsty and banished their opponents to the furthest regions of the empire, if they didn’t kill them. Last night on the show, Octavius banished Mark Anthony to Egypt. Today, Perata banished three duly elected State Senators, and their staff, to work in the hallways of the Capitol. Were I them, I would have set up shop in the hallway, instead of trying to get their offices back. Their constituents should see when happens when you have a complete dictatorship in government.

Don Perata may be California’s version of Michael Moore. If you don’t support the "right" radical Democrat, you are marginalized and officeless. Great example for our children, thank you Senator Perata. Hail Casear, ur, Perata.

Do you think Perata is right to punish these pro-business Senators? Write your thoughts directly on the web site for all to see and discuss.

Steve Frank

Senate lockout: Perata punishes moderate Dems

By Shane Goldmacher - Sacramento Bee March 12, 2007

Three Democratic senators arrived in the Capitol Monday to a rude awakening - the locks on their offices had been changed.

Over the weekend, Senate leader Don Perata had ordered the locks changed on the offices of newly elected Sens. Ron Calderon, Lou Correa and Gloria Negrete-McLeod as punishment for attending a fundraising dinner last Thursday, hosted by the Assembly moderate caucus.

"I am just really happy that the Senate can move with such haste," said a wry Negrete-McLeod, as she walked into her office just before noon. She declined to say how she has been let back in, but Senate sources say it was after privately meeting with Perata.

Correa, a Santa Ana Democrat who was Perata’s hand-picked choice for the Senate last year, said the lockout was "totally unexpected."

"I just got in today and found out my staff and I were locked out of our office, so I went out, had lunch, ran a couple of errands and am still locked out," Correa said during Senate floor session, at 2 p.m.

Throughout the morning, his staff could be seen wandering the halls, bags in hand.

Perata declined to discuss the issue, saying, "I never talk about the politics of the caucus."

All three locked out Democrats, Calderon, Correa and Negrete-McLeod, were members of the moderate caucus - better known around the Capitol as the "Mod Squad" - when they served in the Assembly. The group of business-friendly Democrats often align to derail legislation backed by more liberal Democrats.

The three senators, along with nine Assembly members, attended the fund-raising dinner at The Kitchen, an upscale Sacramento restaurant, last Thursday.

The money raised will go toward hiring staff and paying for caucus retreats, said Moderate Caucus chairwoman, Assemblywoman Nicole Parra, D-Hanford.

Parra says nothing out of the ordinary happened at the dinner. "People keep asking, ’Was anything said, anything done?’" she said. "The answer is no."

Parra said the three senators played no role in organizing the event and that, among others, Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez was invited.

Both Perata and the Secretary of the Senate Greg Schmidt said there’s no official rule against creating policy caucuses in the Senate - but that it is just not done.

"You can’t have ideological caucuses. There are two caucuses: the Democratic and Republican caucuses," said Schmidt. Of policy oriented caucuses, Schmidt said, "never done it, never will do it."

Comment on this article
    2 Forum messages

12 March 2007 21:30, by Deanie
    Perata is a typical example of an out of control power freak. This is unacceptable behavior and he should be removed immediately. He doesn’t represent the people of these representatives districts and it is a blatant example of corruption, corruption, corruption in our government. Lets take our country back. This power play has no place in America. Be it Republican or Democrat, we the people should not allow this sort of behavior to continue.

Reply to this message
    12 March 2007 21:38, by Ed Galicki
    This is how liberals practice democracy and business. Too bad the citizenry is so stupid they will not perceive the danger to them in this behavior.

http://www.capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?article139

"I just got in today and found out my staff and I were locked out of our office, so I went out, had lunch, ran a couple of errands and am still locked out," Correa said during Senate floor session, at 2 p.m.
    If these Senators are so inept as to take the lockout as a "given", they should really be removed from office.

It goes to show the spineless worms elected officials really are---PATHETIC!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!