Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

With Permission Of The Government?

In a discussion on CSPAN2 this morning with Norm Coleman about the Fairness Doctrine, Dick Durbin says that although the airways belong to the people, they use them with the permission of the government. Durbin is afraid that the content on the airways is not fair and balanced, allowing both sides of a topic.

Coleman says the government cannot regulate content because that would be regulating free speech which is against the Constitution. He said if certain people didn't want to hear what was being said about a particular topic, on the radio, for instance, they can turn it off.

My comment is that Durbin needs to be careful, because he is in the Senate at the permission of the people.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dick Durbin says that although the airways belong to the people, they use them with the permission of the government.
    Make way for communism.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Dick Durbin

I am shocked Dick Durban would say "with permission of the government" that is a scarey dictatorship type remark.

I am beginning to believe our government truely has forgotten our constitution.

DOES FOR THE PEOPLE and BY THE PEOPLE ring any bells,it is time to WAKE them up,dump the traitors and take
    OUR country back !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson