Hey everyone, I just wanted to relay a personal story.

Today I met up with someone who was involved with a social program that provided English lessons to illegal aliens and their children (through the catholic church). Our conversation went something like this:

FrustratedPatriot: So, what do you think about the current immigration debate raging through this country?

Social Worker: Unfortunately, large segments of the country are hate-filled and are not willing to understand that these immigrants [?!] are only here to work and to secure a better way of life for themselves and for their families. It is simply inhumane to deny them their rights.

FP: I agree that we should be humane, but at what cost? In fact, I have family that would be more than happy to show you the consequences of decades worth of illegal immigration in southern CA. What about them?

SW: I don't know. It's a tough issue.

FP: Admittedly, but what about a border fence?

SW: That would be inhumane since it would prevent people for improving their way of life here in the U.S.

FP: Well...what about our borders? What about the fact that we will probably have more than a million people trying to cross our border this year alone?

SW: I don't know.

FP: But, Latin America isn't the only place in the world that's suffering from poverty and economic oppression. Under your line of thinking why don't we open up our borders to the whole continent of Africa. Are they any less deserving?

SW: ...

FP: What about the people that have fought and died for this country?! They didn't fight overseas just to see future generations run out of their own cities due to unchecked migration? Don't American's have a right to protect and secure their culture and quality of life?

SW: I am sorry but I am afraid that we can't talk about this anymore. I feel very passionately about this isssue and we obviously disagree.
The saddest thing about this exchange is that my social worker friend was a true blue American citizen who just happened to feel this way.

To think I almost called him a traitor to his face. What is becoming of us?

Anyway, I just had to share this to get it off my chest.