Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just playing Devil's Advocate here... but...

its free speech if you destroy "your" flag.... if you destroy another's flag... it is vandalism at the very least...

Just remember it is a 2 way street.. they cannot destroy a flag that is not theirs!!!!!!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Just playing Devil's Advocate here... but...

its free speech if you destroy "your" flag.... if you destroy another's flag... it is vandalism at the very least...

Just remember it is a 2 way street.. they cannot destroy a flag that is not theirs!!!!!!
    When you are being slapped in the face and insulted you have every right to protect yourself.
    As a vet Mr. Lynch is duty bound to serve and protect his country and this is what he did!
    I support him and his actions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UTEP too!

I turned on C-SPAN a few weeks ago and there was a forum on immigration at the University of Texas El Paso. ICE officials were speaking. The United States flag was on one side of the room and the Mexican flag on the other.

As you know El Paso is on the border with Ciudad Juarez on the Mexican side. I wonder how many US flags are flown on the Juarez side?

Re: UTEP too!

Quote Originally Posted by manjar
    I turned on C-SPAN a few weeks ago and there was a forum on immigration at the University of Texas El Paso. ICE officials were speaking. The United States flag was on one side of the room and the Mexican flag on the other.

As you know El Paso is on the border with Ciudad Juarez on the Mexican side. I wonder how many US flags are flown on the Juarez side?
    Well...that is indeed a good question. How many non-Hispanics of American descent hold public office in Mexico would be another question to which I'd like an answer.

manjar and noyoucannot,

The answers would be Zero and Zero.

The US government needs to clean out El Paso, TX. It's overrun. It is estimaged that the population is 51% illeal alien and between number one and three of the most impovrished cities in America. Wonder why? The top three are all Texas border cities. That pretty much proves what uncontrolled illegal immigration will do to this country.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would help you guys if you read this.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Here' an example:

I have a neighbor flying a Mexican flag and no US flag. Is this a violation of the flag code?

The Flag Code (see below) requires that the US flag be flown on federal institutions, including public schools. It does not require you to fly the US flag and it does not forbid you from displaying a foreign flag. For example, someone with Irish heritage may proudly fly an Irish flag and is not required to fly the US flag. In the early 1900s there was hostility when the German flag was flown in the US, prompting Theodore Roosevelt to state that we had one flag, and one language. We are again revisiting tensions, this time it is the Mexican flag. We understand the emotional tensions of the situation, however, the Flag Code (see below) does not support those who wish to forbid the flying of the Mexican flag within our borders without also flying the US flag.
    Sad but true. Here's something of interest:

http://www.anchorflagandflagpole.com/us_flag_code.htm

§178. Modification of rules and customs by President
    Any rule or custom pertaining to the display of the flag of the United States of America, set forth herein, may be altered, modified, or repealed, or additional rules with respect thereto may be prescribed, by the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, whenever he deems it to be appropriate or desirable; and any such alteration or additional rule shall be set forth in a proclamation.
    So it would seem that the old rules about not being able to fly a foreign national flag without the presence of the US Flag and that the US Flag will be flown higher in the US whenever other foreign flags are being flown in this country have changed..by our (past current) Presidents? WE NEED TO DEMAND THAT THIS IS CHANGED!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12