Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

signed

What? No one can answer my question, which is what does the Davis Bacon provisions have to do with illegal immigration? Can't anyone answer this? Or do you people think that paying the prevailing wage to non-union American citizen workers for government work is not necessary? Doing away with the Davis Bacon provisions is as bad or worse as the Republicans trying to do away with businesses having to pay time and a half over 40 hours a week 3 years ago.

I'll sign the petition as soon as someone can give me a viable answer as to why we need to disolve the Davis Bacon provisions THAT ARE ALSO AVAILABLE TO AMERICAN CITIZEN WORKERS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Morning Rock

I'm half asleep and days late sorry notice this statement
    expanded Davis Bacon prevailing wages to the private sector
    That ticked me off when it occured but there are so many brush fires it got lost in the crowd. I understand their statement to mean that the "expanded" Davis Bacon section be repealed. On government jobs it is still and I assume (dangerous in these times) it will remain so. Their issue is with it forcing small businesses out of business due to increased labor cost and the ability for NON citizens to take those expanded wages from American citizens.

Did that make sense... where the H is the coffee pot in this room....

mutter mutter mumble and pooof outta here

have a great day
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

found the coffee and the facts

Resolved, Take out any Davis-Bacon provision in the Senate immigration Bill before it leaves conference--Protect Small Business from union Tyranny!
    I understand that to mean that they want Congress to leave the Davis Bacon alone and NOT under any circumstance impose the wage restrictions of the Davis Bacon Act on small business.

Did that help? Anyone else have another interpretation of what that statement in the petition means?

pooof 2nd time around
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Signed!
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Thanks, xanadu, I appreciate your efforts. I don't know if I can trust this bill's intention to leave alone the DB act for government jobs. But thanks a million anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

signed

but suspisous of the credibility. Got got there hand out for money
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

signed

and no automatic citizenship for anchor babies

SIGNED

Signed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast