Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Petition Website Opens for Recall of Senator Mel Martinez

Petition website created to recall Florida Senator Mel Martinez. The primary goal at RecallMel.com is to protest the Senator's change of position on Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants. The website is attempting to gather signatures to effect a special recall election of Senator Martinez or work to get him to return to his original stated positions on Illegal Immigration.
    Orlando, FL (PRWEB) June 27, 2007 -- The site www.RecallMel.com was launched June 18th 2007 by central Florida IT Tech Mr. Dewey Wallace to protest what he views as a reversal of Senator Martinez's campaign promises of no Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants. The website has a secure SSL page designed to gather signatures in an attempt to make a legal recall via special election of the Senator.
    Even though the stated goal of RecallMel.com to gather enough registered Florida voters to recall the Senator, Mr. Wallace readily admits that it is going to be an uphill battle as over 514,000 signatures are required, and no national recall has ever succeeded. However seeing this as an opportunity to set a new legal precedent, Mr. Wallace states RecallMel.com is moving forward with an optimistic eye on success.
    Throughout the site are quotes of the Senators own words & voting records on Immigration, complete with links to the original source material. The site has a clean look and makes clear the reason for its existence, "to recall Senator Martinez for his support on Immigration Reform". RecallMel.com shows a respectful tone for the Senator, is free of foul language or hyperbole yet offers biting information on the subject.
    Working on the fact that the Senator has betrayed his campaign promise to the people by not only reversing his position on Amnesty but also actively pushing for its passage in the Senate. RecallMel.com no longer believes that the Senator is working with the best interest of Floridians or America. Therefore RecallMel.com is committed to removing Senator Martinez from both his Senatorial & RNC Chairperson positions.
    For additional information on the news that is the subject of this release please visit www.recallmel.com.
    About RecallMel.com:
    Dewey Wallace, a 50yo Orlando Network Engineer, solely authored the website in June 2007. Mr. Wallace is totally responsible for its creation, design, funding & content.
    Dewey Wallace, Webmaster
    RecallMel.com
    727-224-4444
    http://www.recallmel.com

You will get an email conformation varifying your email address with a link, just click and you are added to the petition
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Done.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

His position "changed" on the issue? Hard to imagine him being against it, truly.

Keep it up guys. They need to be (counter)-attacked on ALL FRONTS.

Signed with great pleasure. This website should be linked to every anti-amnesty site on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    Signed with great pleasure. This website should be linked to every anti-amnesty site on the net.
    I’m working on emailing it to the ones I know of right now.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Having trouble getting the website to load. Would love to see this kind of thing on Ken Salazar in Colorado
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    Having trouble getting the website to load. Would love to see this kind of thing on Ken Salazar in Colorado
    Just tested worked good for me. Little slow.

Done! I hope this works in getting my TRAITOR SENATOR out of office!!!

I was born in Florida does that count

If my daddy was alive (Deland) MM would wish he lived in Mexico by the Mountains
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Hey, Jrhino, I moved out of FLA and that counts!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast